Table of contents:
- Pros and cons
- Operating principle
- Description and physical properties
- Mode of application
- Side effects and contraindications
- Patient reviews
- Reviews of doctors
Parasitic infections have remained one of the most common diseases in the world for many millennia. The pharmaceutical industry does not stop working on finding effective and safe drugs to combat worms. One such drug is Bendax, a state-of-the-art drug that often becomes the drug of choice for parasitologists looking for optimal methods of worm control. In this article, you can familiarize yourself with the "Bendix" remedy for worms, with instructions for use and feedback on use.
- 1 Pros and cons
- 2 Principle of operation
- 3 Composition
- 4 Description and physical properties
5 Method of application
- 5.1 For treatment
- 5.2 For prevention
- 6 Side effects and contraindications
- 7 Patient reviews
- 8 Reviews of doctors
Pros and cons
When developing this remedy for worms, pharmacists tried to avoid all the flaws and potential dangers that drugs of this group usually carry.
Among the advantages are the following:
- A wide range of parasites for which Bendix is effective. It acts on the overwhelming number of species of roundworms, tapeworms and flukes, and is also used in cases of multi-species helminthic invasion.
- Most anthelmintic drugs act selectively only on adults, leaving the cysts and eggs of the parasites alive. This often leads to relapses and chronic course of the disease. The composition of "Bendix" allows you to fight worms at all stages of the life cycle: both in cysts and in a sexually mature state.
- The components included in the recipe rid the body not only of worms, but also of toxic substances that are produced during the life of worms. These toxic substances cause many symptoms in case of helminthic infestations, which worsen a person's well-being. The release of toxins before the death of worms increases several times, so the medicine greatly facilitates the healing process.
- The product is available in two forms: tablet and suspension. This allows it to be used for different age categories, since the syrup is more convenient not only to dose, but also to give to children.
- Due to the low intoxication effect, it is often prescribed for the prevention of various helminthiasis.
Of the possible disadvantages, a multicomponent composition based on plant extracts and extracts can be distinguished, which can provoke allergic reactions in those who are prone to them. Another complication is that the medicine is quite difficult to find in pharmacies, so most patients order it through online pharmacies. Among the drugs of a similar group, this tool is considered quite expensive: the price of tablets fluctuates in the range of 550-630 rubles, and syrup - 600-800 rubles.
Bendax is manufactured by the Egyptian pharmaceutical company Sigma. According to the instructions, the principle of action of the drug is based on the following:
- The ingredients that make up the composition cause paralysis of the smooth muscles of the worms. Parasitic organisms lose the ability to attach and fix inside the body, to feed and breathe. This leads to their death within one to two days. After the cessation of vital functions, they are excreted from the body with fecal masses.
- The active substances adsorb toxins secreted by parasites and remove them, preventing poisoning and deterioration of the blood formula during the recovery phase.
- "Bendix" Helps to strengthen the immune defense of the body due to the immunomodulating substances in the composition.
- It affects parasitic creatures not only in the upper and lower intestines, but also in the liver, kidneys and other organs.
- Improves intestinal motility, due to which the elimination of dead worms is accelerated, and the digestive processes are getting better, since parasitic diseases are often accompanied by disruptions in the digestive system.
All of the above actions ultimately lead not only to recovery, but also guarantee the absence of secondary infection, which is often observed with similar treatment.
"Bendix" is a multicomponent drug. Both in tablets and in syrup, the main active ingredient is albendazole, which selectively affects tissue and cavity parasites, causing disturbances in their metabolic processes. This substance is synthesized artificially, and all the other ingredients included in the composition are extracts or extracts of medicinal plants.
In addition, the composition includes talc (there is more of it in tablets to give a solid phase), various flavors and preservatives.
Description and physical properties
Elongated tablets are packed in foil and plastic blisters, 6 pieces per blister. The content of albendazole in each of them is 200 mg. The content of one package is enough for one standard therapeutic course.
The syrup is a thick suspension of light yellow or light brown color. Her taste is FRUIT-sweetish, and the smell contains pleasant shades of herbs. The bottle contains 60 ml of syrup with a concentration of 2% of the active substance. The amount is calculated based on the needs for the average course of treatment.
Mode of application
Each package contains detailed instructions that describe the method of application for tablets or suspension.
All instructions issued by Sigma are written in Arabic and English, which makes it difficult for people who do not speak foreign languages to use the preparations. For this reason, it is very important to follow the dosage and recommendations for use given by your doctor.
Most often, the duration of the course is 7-8 days, but the doctor can correct it in connection with the identified type of worms, the condition and age of the patient, the intensity of infection and other factors. If necessary, repeat the course at least a month later.
This form is not prescribed for children, since there are dosage difficulties. For adults, it is recommended to take two tablets with meals, preferably at breakfast. After taking it, you should drink a glass of warm water, which will allow Bendix to quickly dissolve in the stomach.
According to the instructions for use, a single dose for children is 15 ml, and for adults - 20 ml for breakfast and dinner. The syrup is taken with meals, washed down with warm water.
Important: before use, the bottle is actively shaken to average the concentration of the drug.
In case of severe infections, the dose can be doubled, breaking up into two doses per day: in the morning and in the evening. It is strictly prohibited to independently increase the daily dose without consulting a doctor.
Preventive measures include the use in the same dosages as during treatment: 15 ml per day for children and 20 ml per day (or two tablets) for adults. The preventive course is a week. The drug is used again twice a year: in the spring and autumn months.
Side effects and contraindications
This drug has a fairly low incidence of side effects. Most often, they appear when taken incorrectly or when the dosage is exceeded.
The most common side effects are:
- feeling weak;
- sleep disturbance;
- digestive disorders;
- increased blood pressure;
- disruption of the liver or kidneys.
Most of the manifestations are associated with an individual reaction to the plant components of "Bendix". The appearance of any of the above symptoms should be the reason for consulting a specialist who can recommend a remedy of similar action with a different composition.
Among the contraindications to taking the drug are age less than 6 years, chronic liver or kidney disease, pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding.
Reviews of doctors
Zhanna Andreevna Arno, pediatrician:
Sergey Nikolaevich Dzhurinsky, family doctor:
- Instructions for the use of Spiramycin from parasites during pregnancy and drug analogues
- Instructions for the use of Immard in adults and children
- Instructions for the use of Fenasal and its analogues