Table of contents:
Video: Biseptol: Modern Analogues, What Can Replace The Drug
There are many antibacterial drugs to replace Biseptol. All of them differ in composition, strength of impact on the body, price. In addition, analogs are tolerated differently by patients. Biseptol itself is not an antibiotic, but is active against many pathogenic bacteria.
- 1 Brief description of the drug
- 2 How to make the correct replacement
- 3 Children's replacement option
Brief description of the drug
The drug Biseptol has been used by medicine for a long time. Sometimes patients themselves treat them for any inflammatory processes, including the common cold. Currently, more effective drugs are being produced and Biseptol is not prescribed as often as before. Most microorganisms have become insensitive to the components. For example, infections caused by streptococci and staphylococci cannot be cured. And, besides, the medication has a large list of adverse reactions.
The antibacterial agent belongs to the group of sulfonamides. The composition contains two active components - sulfamethoxazole and trimetroprim, which enhance and complement each other's action. Penetrating into the cells of the pathogenic microorganism, the components block the supply of folic acid, which is necessary for their growth and reproduction. There is no re-recovery. The reproduction of parasites stops, the infection is eliminated.
The drug is most often used in tablets, the dosage of which is 120 or 480 mg. There is also a form of syrup, suspension and powder for injection. It is prescribed for the following infectious and inflammatory processes occurring in a particular internal organ:
- An infectious process affecting various parts of the respiratory tract. Copes with bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess.
- Development of inflammatory foci affecting the ENT organs: otitis media, sinusitis.
- Pathological processes in the genitourinary system. They are prescribed for pyelonephritis, urethritis, prostatitis.
- The drug is effective against infections of the skin and soft tissues, such as furunculosis.
- It is prescribed for such serious diseases as meningitis, toxoplasmosis, salmonellosis.
Often, against the background of the use of the drug, side effects develop in the form of dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, bronchospasm, pain in the abdomen and stomach, itching and rash on the body.
Pharmacies offer a large selection of Biseptol analogues. To date, the drug Co-trimaxozol has the most similar effect. Has the same form of release and purpose. The composition includes similar active ingredients with the same dosage. There is no significant price difference. But Co-trimaxozole, Biseptol and its other analogues cannot be used alone. The drugs have side effects and contraindications.
How to make the correct replacement
There are many substitutes for the antibacterial drug Biseptol. Considering the contraindications and the strength of the effect, the doctor helps to determine the best drug. For example, in case of upper respiratory tract infections, it is best to replace the drug with Amoxicillin.
With pyelonephritis, experts often recommend what can be replaced by such means as Nolitsin, Furamag, Furadonin, Furazolidone:
- The antibacterial drug Nolitsin belongs to the group of fluoroquinols. It is produced in tablet form with a dosage of 400 mg. The active component norfloxacin accumulates in the kidneys.
Antimicrobial agent Furamag from the nitrofuran group is available in capsules. Violates the biochemical processes in the cells of pathogenic microorganisms, and they die. Shows activity against many bacteria, including mycoplasma.
- The antimicrobial agent Furadonin is available in tablets of 50 or 100 mg. Destroys the outer shell of microorganisms and prevents the spread of infection.
- The drug Furazolidone has antibacterial activity. It relieves inflammation of the urinary system associated with salmonella, mycoplasma and some protozoa.
- Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic. The drug destroys the cell membrane of streptococci, staphylococci, Escherichia coli and other harmful bacteria. Available in capsules of 250 or 500 mg. Amoxicillin begins to act within 30 minutes and remains active for 8 hours.
The most similar in composition and effect on the body are sulfanilamide agents: Phtalazol, Asakol, Streptocid, Sulfadimethoxin, Enterofuril, Sulfalen. But most of the drugs do not have such a wide range of effects on bacteria as Biseptol:
- A good and fast-acting agent Enterofuril. It has a pronounced antihelminthic and antibacterial effect. The active components lead to the rapid death of parasites by blocking respiration and destruction of the outer shell. The drug has a detrimental effect on streptococci, staphylococci, salmonella. Shows effectiveness in the treatment of giardiasis and amebiasis.
- Sulfadimethoxine is a modern antibacterial agent that fights bacteria, protozoa, including toxoplasma and chlamydia. The following treatment regimen is prescribed: the first day is prescribed to drink 1 g of the active substance, the next six days for 0.5 g. The course of treatment is a week.
- Streptocid is an antimicrobial agent of the sulfonamide group. The drug stops the growth and reproduction of bacteria that cause infectious and inflammatory processes.
- Dvaseptol is successfully used in therapy against infectious processes in the respiratory, digestive, and urinary system. Available in tablets of 120 and 480 mg.
Biseptol 480 mg is available in the form of a concentrate with the smell of alcohol, from which a solution for infusion is then prepared. Analogs of Biseptol 480 include: Berlocid 480, Cotrifarm 480, Trimezol, Polseptol, Sulotrim.
Child replacement option
For children, Biseptol is prescribed as a suspension. But the drug often causes side effects in the form of rash, diarrhea, vomiting, bronchospasm, cough, pain in the head and abdomen, and dizziness. You can not use the drug if the baby is less than three months old, as well as with increased bilirubin, lack of folic acid in the body, with serious liver, kidney and blood diseases.
If there is a reaction to the constituent components of Biseptol or it is contraindicated for use, then a specialist may prescribe another medicine. It can differ in active substances or reaction rate.
- The antibiotic Clarithromycin quickly enters the bloodstream and stops the growth of bacteria. It has antibacterial, antimicrobial effects. In addition, it eliminates inflammation, increases the body's defenses, relieves coughing during respiratory diseases. The suspension is used for children from six months of age. From the age of 12, you can take tablets of 250 mg or 500 mg.
- Sumamed is an antibiotic with a broad spectrum of action. The drug can be taken for diseases caused by staphylococci, streptococci, anaerobic microorganisms. The suspension is allowed to be given from 6 months.
- Amoxicillin is an effective and reliable antibacterial agent, which is available in a form convenient for treating children: solution and suspension. Up to three years, the dosage is 500 mg, divided into two doses. The dosage depends on the severity of the disease, sometimes it can be increased or, conversely, reduced to 125 mg.
- Combined antibacterial agent Bactrim based on sulfamethoxazole and trimetroprim (Co-Trimoxazole). Children under 3 months of age should not be treated.
- The best result in the fight against infections is the antimicrobial combination drug Co-Trimoxazole. It comes in pill form, and for young children over three months old, you need to choose a suspension. Belongs to the group of sulfonamides.