Table of contents:
- Characteristics and general dosages
- Treatment regimens
- Deadlines for the destruction of parasites
- Recommendations to improve the effectiveness of treatment
- Side effects
Video: Nemozole For Ascariasis: Instructions For Use, Regimen
One of the most common parasitic pathologies is ascariasis. For the treatment of this disease, many remedies have been developed, the most effective of which is Nemozol for ascariasis. The advantage of this drug is the possibility of its use for the treatment of ascaris not only in adults, but also in children.
- 1 Description
- 2 Characteristics and general dosages
3 Treatment regimens
- 3.1 Initial stage
- 3.2 Severe stage
- 4 Timing of the destruction of parasites
- 5 Recommendations to improve the effectiveness of treatment
- 6 Side effects
- 7 Contraindications
Release of Nemozole from Ascaris is made in the form of tablets or suspension. Each tablet is covered with the thinnest film shell. The suspension is produced in vials, the volume of which is 20 milliliters. The action of the drug is to destroy sexually mature helminths and their eggs. Thanks to this action, in most cases, only 1 course of treatment is needed.
Nemozol is also used to provide preventive measures aimed at removing parasitic individuals from the body. It is worth considering that each form of the drug has individual characteristics that should be taken into account when choosing a method of therapy.
Characteristics and general dosages
The suspension cannot be used for the anthelmintic treatment of babies under 12 months of age. For maximum absorption of the drug in the intestinal area, it is recommended to take it with food.
For older children and adults, it is recommended to increase the dosage to 20 milliliters per day. This treatment regimen should be maintained for 3 days.
Treatment of ascariasis with tablets should be done exclusively during meals. The tablets should be consumed as a whole, it is forbidden to divide them, chew, turn into powder. The daily dosage is 1 tablet. In this way, roundworms should be destroyed for 10 days. Therapy with pills can be performed if children have reached the age of 3 years.
Ascariasis should be treated with Nemozole in different ways, based on the degree of intoxication of the body. Conventionally, ascariasis is divided into the initial and severe stages of damage to the human body.
With the recent penetration of ascaris into the body, which is characterized by the absence of sexually mature individuals, the initial stage of pathology is diagnosed. In this case, therapy is aimed at destroying parasitic larvae, eliminating intoxication consequences.
For 7 - 10 days, the usual dosage of Nemozole is prescribed. Such a long-term treatment regimen is necessary for the complete destruction of worms. This is due to the fact that the active components of the drug act exclusively on those larvae that are in the intestinal region.
In addition to antiparasitic therapy, antihistamines are also prescribed. Usually drugs are prescribed for a period of 7 to 14 days. Adults need to take Suprastin, Tavegil or Erius, and children can be given Zyrtec, Fenistil and Zodak, released in the form of drops. These medicines allow you to avoid intoxication of the body due to the vital activity of ascaris.
To improve immunity, it is advised to take immunomodulators, vitamin complexes
In a severe stage of damage to the body with ascaris, a different method of treatment should be used. The severe stage is characterized by the fact that roundworms inhabit the entire intestine, a similar stage is diagnosed after an X-ray examination.
Her treatment includes:
ten-day course of taking Nemozole
- the use of cleansing enemas, taking laxatives - daily;
- the use of sorbents necessary for the active removal of toxins from the body;
- taking hepatoprotectors that will help restore hepatic function;
- the use of immunomodulators, vitamin and mineral complexes.
Deadlines for the destruction of parasites
Many patients with ascariasis are interested in the question: how quickly can parasites be removed from the body with the help of Nemozole? The timing of a complete cure depends on the stage of the lesion. For example, when treating the larval forms of ascaris, their vital activity stops already on the 2nd day after taking the medication, and they die within 3 to 4 days of therapy.
Many doctors recommend a second course of treatment for ascariasis after 7 days. During this time, the eggs are transformed into individuals sensitive to the action of the drug, so a repeated course of Nemozol kills all parasites in the body.
Recommendations to improve the effectiveness of treatment
When treating ascariasis with Nemozole, several recommendations should be followed:
- It is advisable to consume an increased amount of foods rich in fat, but adherence to a strict diet is not required.
- If during treatment with Nemozole, constipation or stool disorder occurs, you should definitely adjust your diet. Constipation is well helped by drinking kefir or fermented baked milk every day before bedtime. Fruits must be introduced into the daily menu: apricots or plums, you can eat prunes. From vegetables it is required to give preference to beets, pumpkins, carrots.
- You should eat fractionally, each meal should take place at the same time.
- Overeating can negatively affect the therapeutic effectiveness, so you should eat in small portions.
- When treating ascariasis with Nemozole, tea, coffee, sugar should be completely excluded from the diet.
With improper or prolonged use of Nemozole in the treatment of ascariasis, the following side reactions may occur:
- the appearance of dryness in the mouth;
- atypical hepatic activity;
- sleep disturbance;
- redness of the epidermis;
- the appearance of itchy sensations on the skin;
- an allergic reaction in the form of skin rashes, their burning;
- the appearance of seizures;
- decreased care.
After taking Nemozole for a long period, hair loss and the development of renal failure are possible. With the development of characteristic side effects from taking the medication, it is advised to completely abandon it.
It is prohibited to treat roundworms with Nemozol if the patient has the following contraindications:
- retinal pathology;
- enzymatic hepatic atypical hyperactivity;
- period of breastfeeding, pregnancy;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- a decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood.
Doctors leave numerous reviews about the drug, where they argue that for the period of treatment with Nemozole, the patient should abandon activities related to driving a car and interacting with dangerous equipment. Doctors recommend that women who are planning a pregnancy take Nemozol at least 30 days before conception.
Nemozole, like all anthelminthic medicines, is a toxic drug, therefore its use against ascariasis should be carried out exclusively under the supervision of the attending physician. If there are pronounced adverse reactions or the identification of individual intolerance to any constituent components, the drug should be canceled.