Table of contents:
- Features of the treatment of chlamydia
- Rules for taking medications
- Features of the therapy
- Replacement options
- Without prevention, nowhere
Video: Azithromycin For Chlamydia: Treatment Regimen, How To Take
Azithromycin for chlamydia is the most popular and effective antibiotic. The drug must be taken according to the scheme in a certain dosage. Only a specialist who takes into account the severity of the course of the disease, age and concomitant diseases can paint detailed instructions.
- 1 Features of the treatment of chlamydia
- 2 Rules for taking medications
- 3 Features of therapy
- 4 Replacement options
- 5 Cautions
- 6 Without prevention, nowhere
Features of the treatment of chlamydia
Treatment should be prompt and directed at stopping the spread of parasites and preventing the development of complications
Antibiotics of three groups can relieve chlamydia: fluoroquinols, macrolides and tetracyclines. Of all antibacterial agents, experts prefer Azithromycin, which belongs to macrolides. His choice is justified by the following points:
- quickly absorbed from the digestive tract and slowly excreted from the body;
- after the abolition of the antibiotic, a high concentration of the active substance remains for another 5-7 days;
- has an immunomodulatory effect, therefore it is often prescribed for recurrent chlamydial infection, which leads to infertility;
- the drug penetrates into the affected cell in the shortest possible time, accumulates there. As a result, disease-causing parasites quickly die. And the negative impact on the liver, spleen and heart becomes minimal;
- chlamydia rarely develops stable immunity to this antibiotic, therefore, recovery occurs after the first course;
- reduces the risk of developing an autoimmune process;
- short period of taking pills. After taking one pill, the result will be noticeable, but the treatment must be carried out for all seven days;
- Azithromycin can be administered intravenously, which increases the effectiveness of treatment by 70%.
The effectiveness of therapy can be judged by the general condition and the results of diagnostic methods. It is possible to take repeated tests only 1.5-2 months after the end of antibiotic intake. During this time, the drugs will completely leave the body and will not distort the reliability of the results.
Rules for taking medications
When a doctor prescribes antibiotics for chlamydia, he must inform about the rules for taking them. Their observance increases the effectiveness of therapeutic therapy many times over:
- medicines must be taken at the same time. Each drug has its own time interval during which the effect lasts. Therefore, the scheme is signed in detail;
- even if the condition has improved, treatment should not be stopped, especially antibiotics. In this case, pathogenic microorganisms develop resistance to the properties of the antibiotic;
- all treatment activities must be completed by both partners. Otherwise, after recovery, re-infection will occur;
- during the entire course of treatment, it is worth refraining from sexual intercourse.
Features of the therapy
Since Azithromycin penetrates into the cell and accumulates there, it can not always and not interact with all drugs. Often, chlamydia is treated with only one given antibiotic. But monotherapy can be carried out only in the initial stages of the disease.
Since Azithromycin is an antibiotic, its use without a doctor's prescription is prohibited. The drug has a number of contraindications. Self-treatment without observing the exact dosage can lead to a worsening of the condition.
If less than 3 months have passed since the chlamydia hit, the medication will be different. During the treatment of chlamydia with Azithromycin, the standard regimen may look like this: once a day, 1 g of active substance. You need to take at the same time two hours before meals.
You will need the help of hepatoprotectors (Essentiale, Karsil, Allohol) and immunostimulants (Polyoxidonium, Immunal, Viferon). Taking medications for the heart system and restoring intestinal flora is not required.
With a sluggish disease, the regimen for taking the drug for adults is slightly different: on the first day you need to take the medicine in a dosage of 1 g, in the next two days the dosage is reduced to 0.5 g, the next four days you need to drink 0.25 g each. How many days will the treatment last, determined by the doctor. In most cases, the course of therapy is 7 days, during which 3 g of azithromycin will be taken.
High sensitivity to macrolides and many other reasons may be the reason for prescribing antibiotics of other groups. The second most effective drug against chlamydia is Doxycycline. The drug belongs to the tetracycline series.
Advantages of the drug Doxycycline in the fight against chlamydial infection:
- Doxycycline can be drunk for longer courses than Azithromcin, and the drug is cheaper;
- quickly absorbed from the stomach and after two hours the maximum concentration in the blood is found;
- shows high efficiency in rectal infection.
The drug penetrates into the cell and inhibits the development of chlamydia. The treatment regimen depends on the stage of development of the disease.
At the initial stage of chlamydia development, doxycycline is prescribed at a dosage of 100 mg twice a day. You need to drink after meals. The course of treatment is 7-10 days.
Contraindications to taking this drug are hypersensitivity to tetracyclines, liver, kidney and blood diseases. Cannot be given to children under 8 years of age. The drug is prohibited during pregnancy and lactation.
Doxycycline or Azithromycin can most commonly cause the following side effects:
- as a result of the active substance, the motor activity of the intestinal cilia is activated, diarrhea, dysbiosis develop;
- the activity of liver enzymes increases;
- there may be allergic reactions in the form of a rash, itching;
- there may be a feeling of dizziness, headache, nausea, drowsiness;
- tinnitus may join;
- possible fungal infection;
- the work of cardiac activity is rarely disrupted, which manifests itself in chest pains, arrhythmias.
The medication Azithromycin can be used to treat chlamydial infections found during pregnancy.
Refuse from Azithromycin should be patients who have hypersensitivity to macrolides. In this case, an equally effective drug, Doxycycline, can help. It is prescribed with caution to people with pathological changes in the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
Without prevention, nowhere
Preventive measures should be followed not only after treatment, but also during all procedures. This will help avoid re-infection with the infection:
- accidental sexual intercourse must be completely excluded;
- if there was an accidental sexual intercourse, you need to use antiseptic agents for irrigation or washing the external genital organs;
- you can not use other people's personal hygiene products;
- observe increased safety measures when visiting a public bath, pool or toilet;
- preventive examinations by a gynecologist or urologist, tests will help to detect problems in the early stages;
- food products must contain vitamins, be fresh and of high quality;
- stress, overwork should be avoided;
- actions should be aimed at increasing immunity.