Table of contents:
- Indications for research
- Analysis collection methods
- Diagnostics of worms at home
- Preventive measures
To diagnose the presence of pinworms in the body, a laboratory test is used, which is called a scraping on the ovule. It is done for patients of all ages. The study makes it possible to detect pinworms that parasitize the human body.
- 1 Indications for research
- 2 Methods of collecting analysis
- 3 Diagnosis of worms at home
- 4 Preventive measures
Indications for research
Analysis for the detection of pinworm eggs is carried out in a laboratory. A referral for examination is prescribed by a physician, to whom the patient comes with the following complaints:
- the presence of itching sensations in the anal ring area, which are significantly increased in the evening and at night;
- the appearance of painful sensations in the abdominal region, and the soreness has the character of contractions;
- appetite may greatly increase or disappear;
- the person becomes irritable;
- there are bouts of nausea, vomiting;
- there is a rapid decrease in body weight;
- constipation and other stool disorders occur regularly.
If these symptoms are found, you should be tested for enterobiasis as soon as possible. In some cases, even in the absence of pathogenic symptoms, people need to take a scraping to detect worm eggs. These situations include:
- employment for work related to work with people, food;
- enrollment of a child to visit the pool, circle, section;
- submission of documents to any educational institution.
When applying for a job, the result of the analysis must be entered in the medical record.
Since enterobiasis often affects the child's body, parents should be attentive to their child. He should be shown to a doctor for analysis if he complains about:
- itching sensations in the anal ring;
- discomfort in the genital area;
- soreness in the abdominal region;
- rumbling intestines and stomach.
Analysis collection methods
If a person suspects he has helminthiasis, he should seek help from the laboratory service, sign up for a consultation with a general practitioner, infectious disease specialist. How to submit material for diagnostics?
This analysis is carried out in several ways. The selection of the technique depends on the age characteristics of the patient and laboratory characteristics.
- Using a cotton swab, the tip of which is lubricated in a special solution. Then it is carried out along the folds of the anal ring and the resulting material is packed in a sealed package.
- With the use of classic stationery tape. For scraping, you need a small piece of adhesive tape, which is applied to the area of the anal ring with the sticky side.
A person can collect biomaterial for the diagnosis of helminthic lesions and independently. So, how to collect a scraping to determine the eggs of worms?
- Use a cotton swab and smear the anus with a little petroleum jelly on the cotton swab.
- Pack the stick with biomaterial in a clean bag.
- Bring the collected material for analysis within 120 minutes after taking it.
There are no specific recommendations for the analysis. Basically, you can get acquainted with the result of the analysis the next day. If you need to get an expedited response, you need to contact private laboratories, which will give a result one and a half to two hours after the smear was taken.
In the decryption, you can find information whether a person is infected, as well as find out the type of parasitic helminth with a positive result
Diagnostics of worms at home
Sometimes a person is not sure about the absence of helminths in his body. In this case, he needs to seek help from the clinic, however, in the absence of such an opportunity, he is able to diagnose himself.
The first step is to pay attention to underwear and feces. If there are no obvious pieces of parasitic bodies on them, then you can proceed to the next stage of diagnosis.
- A weak solution of potassium permanganate is prepared in a glass container.
- In the resulting solution, a small piece of cotton wool is moistened so that the material acquires a dark shade.
- Cotton wool is squeezed out, applied to the anus before going to bed.
- Such a compress is maintained throughout the night.
- To securely fix the cotton wool, you should wear tight-fitting underwear.
- In the morning you should take out the cotton wool and look at its color. If there are white dots on the cotton surface, it means that the body is inhabited by parasites.
- To confirm the result, it is required to pass a laboratory test for an egg leaf.
In order not to require an analysis for enterobiasis, preventive measures should be carefully observed to help avoid infection of the body with pinworms.
Basically, pinworm infestation is carried out through dirty hands or objects that have been touched by an infected person. Also, eggs of worms can end up in the human body when eating poorly washed fruits, vegetables, berries, and when playing with pets.
Pinworms are difficult to get rid of due to the high likelihood of repeated self-infection. This is due to the fact that the bulk of anthelmintic drugs kill only adults, while eggs still retain their vital activity in the folds of the anal ring. Therefore, the person brings the eggs back into his mouth with his hands.
If you have pets, they should be treated with anthelmintic therapy every 6 months. You can protect yourself from pinworm infection through dust by regularly wet cleaning. The children's room should be cleaned daily.
The analysis for enterobiasis is the most important part of anthelmintic therapy, since it is on its basis that the attending physician can prescribe the correct treatment. It is advisable to take a scraping only in a laboratory, since qualified medical workers fully comply with all the technology for collecting biomaterial and its analysis, which gives a high percentage of the reliability of its results.
When self-collecting biomaterial, you must strictly follow the instructions, using clean materials for collecting and storing the analysis.