Table of contents:
- The main clinical symptoms of clonorchiasis
- Principles of clonorchiasis treatment
- Preventive measures
Video: Clonorchiasis: Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention In Humans
Clonorchiasis is a helminthic disease that mainly affects the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, and most often the gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas. This ailment can be cured only with the help of complex drug therapy, selected individually for each patient.
- 1 The main clinical symptoms of clonorchiasis
- 2 Principles of clonorchiasis treatment
- 3 Preventive measures
The main clinical symptoms of clonorchiasis
The disease usually begins acutely, a pronounced allergic reaction appears in the form of:
- rashes on the skin;
- severe itching in places of rashes.
Then other symptoms of clonorchiasis begin to appear. The body temperature rises rapidly to high numbers, in this regard, severe chills, weakness and body aches appear. Severe joint pain, dizziness, headache, pallor of the skin are possible. Often the patient complains of nausea, vomiting, upset stools - diarrhea alternating with constipation.
Further changes in the human body:
- development of the inflammatory process in the bronchi;
- pleurisy may appear;
- the development of myocarditis;
- significant enlargement of the liver and spleen;
- blockage of the biliary tract;
- yellowness of the sclera;
- enlarged lymph nodes.
Principles of clonorchiasis treatment
Complex therapy of this disease is aimed mainly at eliminating the cause - that is, the destruction of helminthic invasion. And until the helminths are destroyed and not completely removed from the body, there can be no question of any complete recovery.
Etiotropic therapy consists of taking anthelmintic drugs with a wide spectrum of action.
- Praziquantel. The dosage of this drug is selected at the rate of 75 mg of the active substance per kilogram of the patient's body weight, it is taken three times a day. The course of treatment with Praziquantel is 2-3 days. One of the conditions for taking this anthelmintic substance is to consume a sufficient amount of liquid: you need to drink at least one and a half liters per day.
- Albendazole. Dose calculation - 10 mg of active ingredient per kilogram of body weight. You need to take the drug once a day, with meals. The course of treatment is 5-7 days, depending on the severity of the disease.
- Bithionol. Calculation of the dose - 30-50 mg of active substance per kilogram of body weight (depends on the patient's age). The course of treatment with Bitionol depends on the severity of the disease: it can be either a week or 3 weeks. Currently, this remedy is not prescribed so often, because in the course of scientific research it has been proven that Bithionol is less effective in treating clonorchiasis, and the course of treatment is longer than that of similar drugs. A large number of side effects have been noted after taking this drug.
- Chloxyl. The calculation of the dose is 60 mg per kilogram of body weight, the drug is taken three times a day, after meals. This type of anthelmintic is rarely prescribed, which is associated with the appearance on the pharmaceutical market of more powerful agents in the fight against clonorchiasis - Praziquantel and Albendazole.
In addition to prescribing etiotropic drugs, specialists also carry out other types of therapy.
Symptomatic treatment is aimed at eliminating the manifestations of the disease, at alleviating the condition of a sick person. To treat the symptoms of clonorchiasis, the following are prescribed:
- enterosorbents (Polysorb, Smecta);
- antispasmodic drugs (Drotaverin, Sparex);
- enzyme preparations and remedies for stomach pains (Mezim, Omeprazole);
- hepatoprotective agents (Essentiale);
- choleretic drugs (sorbitol).
Due to the frequent manifestations of clonorchiasis - vomiting and diarrhea - the body of a sick person is depleted and dehydrated, and due to the waste products of helminths, it is full of toxins. Therefore, intravenous drip of the following drugs is simply necessary in the treatment of clonorchiasis to eliminate serious consequences.
Doctors usually prescribe:
- isotonic sodium chloride solution (saline), 200-400 ml once a day, for 5-7 days, depending on the severity of the condition;
- glucose solution 5% - 200-400 ml once a day for 5-7 days
- Reamberin - 400 ml, once a day for 2-3 days.
Anti-inflammatory therapy is aimed at eliminating the inflammatory processes caused by the vital activity of helminths in the body.
- antibacterial drugs;
- anti-inflammatory drugs (Nimesil, Ibuprofen).
Usually, specialists resort to radical measures in the form of an operation in the most severe and advanced cases of the disease, when conservative treatment does not give the desired results. Surgical intervention is required when adult helminths clog the biliary ducts or a large number of them are localized in the lobes of the liver. These factors not only do not contribute to recovery, but also disrupt the normal functioning of vital organs, in connection with which a sick person may develop acute liver failure, bile stagnation.
The individual protection of each person from such a serious disease as clonorchiasis lies in simple things: observing all the rules of personal hygiene and proper and careful temperature processing of fish and seafood - the main sources of this type of helminthiasis.
Do not eat fish products in untested places, especially if you question the correctness of heat treatment of the dish. Be especially vigilant during tourist trips to clonorchid-endemic countries - Vietnam, Korea, China.
Unfortunately, the likelihood of contracting clonorchiasis has now greatly increased. This is due to the Sino-Japanese cuisine, which has become fashionable in the last ten years, which offers rolls, sushi and sashimi loved by many people, made mainly from raw fish. This fact only increases the risk of the spread of helminthiasis.
Mass prevention of the spread of this disease consists in identifying a person infected with helminthic invasion as soon as possible and starting adequate treatment.