Table of contents:
- General characteristics
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use and dosage
- Side effects
- Application specificity
- Drug analogues
Video: Fazizhin: Instructions For Use, Indications And Contraindications, Analogues
A person, at least once in his life, was infected by the simplest and anoxic microbes. Therefore, for the relief of diseases caused by parasitic microorganisms, pharmaceutical companies have developed new generation antiprotozoal drugs. Fazizhin, according to the instructions for use, prevents infection processes and has a depressing effect on the life of protozoa.
1 General characteristics
- 1.1 Composition
- 1.2 Release form
- 1.3 Pharmacological action
- 1.4 Pharmacokinetics
- 2 Indications for use
- 3 Instructions for use and dosage
- 4 Side effects
- 5 Overdose
- 6 Contraindications
7 Specific application
- 7.1 During pregnancy
- 7.2 For children
- 8 Drug analogs
Fazizhin is an antihistamine and bactericidal agent of a wide spectrum of effects, distinguished by its effectiveness in suppressing helminthic invasion, used both for adults and among children
The drug Fazizhin is represented by the main element - tinidazole, in one tablet there is 500 milligrams.
The drug is supplemented with auxiliary components - magnesium stearate, corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, alginic acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide.
It is produced in white biconvex film-coated tablets.
The tablet form of this product is packaged in special blisters, placed in cardboard boxes containing 1 cell pack of 4 tablets.
Fazizhin is an antiprotozoal drug with antibacterial action aimed at suppressing the synthesis and destruction of the DNA structure of protozoan and anaerobic microorganisms.
The rapid penetration of Fazizhin into the organs and tissues of the human body makes it the most effective in providing a therapeutic effect. Full adsorption of the antiprotozoal agent occurs in the liver. And Fazizhin is excreted with urine, and only a small portion of it is excreted with feces.
The drug is especially active in influencing the vital activity of the simplest organisms and anoxic microbes.
Indications for use
An anthelmintic and antimicrobial drug is used according to the annotation for the following indications:
- due to infection of the human body with urogenital trichomoniasis, giardiasis, intestinal amebiasis (amoebic liver damage), as well as other types of helminthic invasion and protozoa;
- in case of infection caused by anoxic microbes, due to the development of sepsis, peritonitis, endometritis, various abscesses and others in the body;
- with gastritis caused by a pathogenic microorganism - Helicobacter Pylori;
- due to infection with mixed types of infections.
The drug is recommended as a preventive measure for postoperative infection.
Instructions for use and dosage
The drug Fazizhin is recommended for oral administration, both at the time of eating and after taking it.
Important! The tablet must not be chewed; it must be swallowed whole.
According to the annotation, the medicine is used in dosage:
- For the eradication of Helicobacter pylori, in association with a duodenal ulcer, for adults 1 tablet Fazizhina 500 milligrams / 2 times a day, together with the drug Omeprazole 20 milligrams / 2 times a day and Clarithromycin 250 milligrams / 2 times for 1 week.
- For anaerobic infections - for people of reproductive age and children after 12 years, the initial dosage is 2 grams / 1 time per day on the first day, followed by 1 gram / once a day. The duration of treatment will depend on the clinical condition of the patient. 6 days are enough to stop the infectious process. But with a severe course of a disease, along with clinical and laboratory examinations, therapy is prolonged.
- With nonspecific vaginitis - for mature people, a dose of 2 grams is prescribed / once a day. To increase the therapeutic effect, the dosage of the drug can be increased to 2 grams per day for two days continuously.
- In acute ulcerative gingivitis, adults are recommended to take 2 grams once.
- With urogenital trichomoniasis - for mature people, the drug is prescribed 2 grams once. For children under 3 years of age, 50-70 milligrams / kilogram of the baby's weight once.
- Infection with giardiasis involves taking the described drug in a dosage - for mature people, 2 grams once, and for children over 3 years old - 50-75 milligrams of the total weight of the child once.
- With intestinal amebiasis, the drug is taken - for mature people, 2 grams / per day for 3 days, for children over 3 years old - 50-60 milligrams / per day of the patient's weight with treatment for three days.
- In liver pathologies caused by amoebic organ damage, the total dosage of the drug can vary from 4.5 to 12 grams, depending on the pathogenicity factors of microbes. The initial dose of Fazizhin's therapeutic treatment can be 1.5-2 grams / day for 3 days continuously. Suppose a weekly therapeutic course of treatment. For children 3 years of age and older, the daily dosage ranges from 50-60 grams of total weight. The duration of treatment is 5 days.
In case of impaired renal function, the required dose of the drug is not adjusted. For prophylactic purposes of postoperative infection for adults and children, the drug is prescribed 2 grams at a time.
Possible adverse reactions may occur in patients as a result of non-compliance with the instructions for use, violations of the recommendations given by the doctor, and also due to the individual characteristics of the organism. Based on previously collected information, adverse reactions to the described agent were rare and, often, passed on their own.
Side effects manifested themselves in the form:
- Feelings of nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, unpleasant taste and dryness in the mouth, diarrhea, malaise.
- A negative effect on the nervous system, such as short-term dizziness, headaches, weakness, irritability. In severe conditions, coordination of movement and disorientation in space were impaired.
- Persistent allergies, manifested by itching, redness of the skin and a rash on it. In more severe cases, Quincke's edema developed.
- Decrease in the ratio of leukocytes.
- Dark staining of urine.
Important! It is necessary to use the drug Fazizhin in accordance with the rules reflected in the annotation attached to the drug, and strictly according to the doctor's prescription
There is information about overdose with tinidazole, but they do not carry a complete picture of the symptoms. There is no antidote for overdose attacks. Therefore, therapy is supportive. Gastric lavage will not hurt either.
In addition, the described drug is easily excreted from the body during dialysis.
It is forbidden to use the drug Fazizhin with existing contraindications in the form of:
- Excessive hypersensitivity of the patient to the main substance of the described agent.
- During pregnancy, especially in the first trimester and lactation.
- Age restrictions - the drug is prohibited for use by children under 3 years of age.
- With pathological processes of the central nervous system.
- With violations of the hematopoietic system.
Attention! For any of the above contraindications, the anthelmintic agent should not be taken.
As with the use of other drugs, during treatment with Fazizhin, alcohol intake is not recommended due to the appearance of a disulfiram-like reaction in the form of, for example, nausea, vomiting, heart palpitations, hot flashes, and stomach cramps.
Experts do not recommend taking alcoholic beverages for another 72 hours after completing the course of treatment with the described drug.
If any side signs from the central nervous system appear, the drug must be immediately canceled.
To eradicate genital trichomoniasis, the described agent must be prescribed not only to the patient who seeks help, but also to his sexual partner.
If therapy with the described drug took more than a week, then its further continuation must be carried out strictly with regular monitoring of the peripheral blood picture.
During the period of therapy, patients need to abandon driving vehicles, various types of mechanisms and engaging in hazardous activities.
Tinidazole easily crosses the placenta, and therefore, especially in the first trimester, can harm the fetus. There is no evidence base for the negative effects of Fazizhin on the fetus in the subsequent trimesters of pregnancy, but nevertheless, it is more advisable to calculate in advance all the risks in prescribing the drug, as well as the benefits.
During lactation, the main substance of the described drug does not penetrate into milk, this happens only 3 days after the drug is consumed. Therefore, it is not recommended for young mothers to breastfeed their baby for 72 hours after the end of therapy.
The effectiveness of the drug as a preventive measure for postoperative anaerobic infections in children over 12 years old has not been established.
However, for patients at this age, the dosage of the drug, for the treatment of infectious conditions, must be selected with caution, based on the weight and the collected history.
In the absence of the described antihistamine and antibacterial agent in pharmacies, Fazizhin can be replaced with analogues in the form:
Zoloxacin is the most popular agent with a pronounced antimicrobial focus. The main components of this drug are norflosaccin and tinidazole. This drug is produced in tablet form. The drug is effective in the fight against various anaerobic bacteria, protozoa, and easily relieves diseases caused by them. The medicine is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation, as well as in case of excessive sensitivity to the substances that make up it, and pathological conditions of the central nervous system
- Tinisana is the most effective medicine with antimicrobial and antiprotozoal effects. The main substance of this drug is tinidazole. The drug is produced in tablets. The described drug is prohibited for use when combined with alcoholic beverages and due to the development of negative side effects;
- Tiniba is an antiprotozoal, antibacterial drug that comes in pill form and is administered orally. This remedy is not recommended for use in the first trimester of pregnancy and lactation.