Table of contents:
- What drugs are used to treat opisthorchiasis
- How to treat opisthorchiasis in adults
- Recovery stage
- Tablets for opisthorchiasis in children
What drugs are used to treat opisthorchiasis
Drugs for the treatment of opisthorchiasis are used according to the scheme. For the complete destruction of parasites, it is important to adhere to competent therapeutic tactics that will help you quickly get rid of helminths, as well as eliminate the consequences of their vital activity in the human body.
Drugs for the treatment of opisthorchiasis are used according to the scheme.
How to treat opisthorchiasis in adults
Opisthorchiasis can be cured by adhering to the doctor's recommendations. Self-disposal of helminths can provoke the transition of the disease into a chronic form. The treatment regimen consists of taking antiparasitic agents, hepatoprotectors, antihistamines, as well as sorbents and probiotics.
Drugs that act directly on the parasite can be used immediately after infection, which is determined by the presence of a number of symptoms. Treatment must be complemented by dietary food.
Treatment of opisthorchiasis must be supplemented with dietary food.
The medication not only relieves acute opisthorchiasis, but also eliminates other similar diseases, since it has a wide spectrum of action. Albendazole affects the gastrointestinal tract of the parasite, which contributes to the disruption of the glucose absorption process. This leads to the death of helminths.
The course of treatment and the amount of active substance is determined by the doctor depending on the weight of the person's body. The drug is not used to treat opisthorchiasis in people with an allergic reaction, with destruction of the retina, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Albendazole affects the gastrointestinal tract of the parasite, which contributes to the disruption of the glucose absorption process.
The medication is a dietary supplement that does not have a toxic effect on the body in the treatment of opisthorchiasis. Available in syrup. Its action is due to the constituent plants. The dietary supplement treats opisthorchiasis thanks to the extract of aspen bark and marsh grass.
In addition to affecting parasites, Populin has a positive effect on the liver and gallbladder. Dietary supplements can relieve not only opisthorchiasis, but also from diseases such as cirrhosis at the initial stage, otitis media, nephritis, rheumatism, etc.
In addition to affecting parasites, Populin has a positive effect on the liver and gallbladder.
A broad-spectrum drug has a therapeutic effect in opisthorchiasis due to an active substance that can lead to paralysis of the muscles of flatworms, as a result of which the parasites are easily evacuated through the intestines.
It is not recommended to take the drug in all cases of the disease without first consulting a doctor, since the substance has a toxic effect on the body.
Praziquantel is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. If taken incorrectly, it can cause seizures, nausea, diarrhea and allergic reactions.
Praziquantel is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy.
The medication is used as a complex agent in the treatment of opisthorchiasis. While taking Chloxil, it is important to follow a diet with a minimum amount of fat. It is absolutely necessary to give up alcohol. You do not need to take additional laxatives.
The course of treatment for opisthorchiasis is up to 5 days. After therapy with Chloxil, choleretic agents are prescribed to help eliminate the remnants of helminths from the gastrointestinal tract. Additionally, duodenal intubation is often used to monitor the effectiveness of treatment.
When taking Chloxil, alcohol should be completely abandoned.
After treatment of opisthorchiasis, it is important to restore the gastrointestinal tract, since most drugs have a negative effect on the digestive organs. Apply:
- Hepatoprotectors: Essentiale forte N, Heptral, etc. Tablets restore liver cells, eliminating the negative effects of anthelmintic drugs. Reception of hepatoprotectors is often combined with choleretic agents.
- Sorbents. They help to eliminate the consequences of opisthorchiasis. Sorbents promote elimination of waste products of helminths by binding toxic substances. Most often, Polysorb, white coal, Enterosgel, etc. are prescribed.
- Probiotics. Used to restore intestinal microflora after opisthorchiasis. Medicines in this line contain live microorganisms that have a beneficial effect on the work of the digestive tract. Most often, Linex, Bifiform, etc. are prescribed.
Essentiale forte N eliminates the negative effects of anthelmintic drugs.
Sorbents, such as Polysorb, promote the excretion of waste products of helminths by binding toxic substances.
Linex is a probiotic used to restore intestinal microflora after opisthorchiasis.
Tablets for opisthorchiasis in children
In the presence of opisthorchiasis in a child, only a doctor selects the medicine, since the child's body is sensitive to drugs that have a paralyzing effect on helminths. Means that can be used:
- Intoxic plus. Such a preparation contains a number of plants that act directly on this type of helminths. The composition includes: extract of brine shrimp, chanterelle mushrooms, wild rosemary, ginger, cuff, etc. This drug can be used from 3 years of age both for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
- Biltricide. Used to treat opisthorchiasis in children over 4 years old. The drug is a broad spectrum of action, is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract. The course of treatment and the dose are determined only by the doctor, since the active substance is toxic.
- Nemozole. It is less effective in opisthorchiasis than the previous drug, but has a milder effect on the gastrointestinal tract. It is used to eliminate a wide range of helminths.
Ulyana, 27 years old, Dnepropetrovsk
She suddenly encountered opisthorchiasis. Strange gastrointestinal symptoms appeared, which led to the gastroenterologist's office. After diagnosis, Praziquantel was prescribed. The doctor said it was effective. After a week, the condition returned to normal, the alarming symptoms disappeared.
Christina, 35 years old, St. Petersburg
The youngest daughter complained of abdominal pain and itching in the anus. It turned out that this is opisthorchiasis. At first they panicked and ran to the pediatrician. The doctor prescribed Biltricid, said that such a drug is effective and efficient. The problem was resolved in just a few days.
Victor, 48 years old, Voronezh
Bowel problems have never occurred before. Diarrhea suddenly began, pain appeared in the right hypochondrium. After going to the doctor, it turned out that he had contracted opisthorchiasis. A complex of drugs was prescribed: anthelmintic, hepatoprotective and sorbents. After a week, the pains disappeared, the stool returned to normal.