Table of contents:
- The essence of therapeutic actions
- Traditional medicine
- Medicinal herbs against trematodes
- Medicines for the disease
The parasitic disease of opisthorchiasis leads to pathological changes in the functioning of the digestive system, especially the liver and pancreas. The culprit is the cat fluke, which belongs to the fluke worms. Complications are liver cirrhosis, peritonitis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, so treatment of opisthorchiasis at home should be started when the first signs are detected.
- 1 The essence of therapeutic actions
- 2 Traditional medicine
- 3 Medicinal herbs against trematodes
- 4 Medicines against disease
The essence of therapeutic actions
Treatment measures should be started only after confirmation of the diagnosis, which is carried out on the basis of laboratory studies of biomaterial (blood, urine, feces, bile). The patient's condition must be monitored by an infectious disease parasitologist.
Incorrect treatment and non-compliance with the dosage can lead to purulent inflammatory and infectious processes inside the organs. The risk of developing malignant tumors increases.
Where to start and how can opisthorchiasis be treated at home? The treatment includes several stages.
- At the preparatory stage, it is necessary to take drugs that can expel stagnant bile, anti-inflammatory drugs. You will need the help of drugs with a laxative effect.
- The main stage includes pharmaceutical and traditional medicines that can remove parasites from the body. This happens in most cases due to paralysis of the neuromuscular apparatus of helminths, destruction of their outer protective shell or dysfunction of metabolic processes inside them.
- At the last stage, as a rule, there is a need to take medications that can restore the work of internal organs. Prescribe probiotics that improve intestinal microflora and motility, hepatoprotectors, enterosorbents, vitamins and immunomodulators.
Fatty, spicy, smoked products are completely excluded from the menu. You can not drink alcohol and carbonated drinks. The menu should be rich in vegetables and fruits. To remove toxins from the body, drink plenty of fluids - up to 2 liters per day.
How to cure opisthorchiasis at home using alternative medicine? There are many recipes that include natural ingredients that can serve multiple functions.
Birch tar is very popular in removing parasites from the body. It has an anthelmintic effect, disinfects the mucous surface and heals wounds.
How to remove parasites with it? On the first day of treatment, one drop of the medicine is enough. With each subsequent day, the dosage should be increased by one drop. After 10 days, the dosage is again reduced by one drop. The solution can be added to tea or juice.
You can try another recipe based on birch tar. One drop of the medicine is added to mashed apples and carrots, which must be eaten in the evening. This dish needs to be cooked for two weeks.
Pumpkin seeds have long been known for their antihelminthic properties. Thanks to the special substance cucurbitin, parasites die. They can be consumed alone or added to meals.
Beet juice is able to cleanse the liver and cure worms. Additionally, you can use other components by making a tincture. Alcohol, garlic, Cholosas (choleretic drug) are added and infused for 2-3 days. You need to drink before meals for 2 weeks.
Flax seeds and carnations are taken in a 10: 1 ratio and ground. You can take it neat or add 10 g to food three times a day.
A decoction based on aspen bark is able to relieve inflammation, have antimicrobial and diuretic effects, and normalize the functioning of the digestive organs. It is necessary to take 30 g of dry raw materials and pour half a liter of boiling water. Leave to infuse for the whole day. You need to drink three times a day before meals for three weeks.
Pine buds are able to relieve spasms, remove stagnant bile, remove inflammation and have an antimicrobial effect. Pine buds are poured with alcohol and infused for 7 days. Drink 5 ml before meals with water.
Medicinal herbs against trematodes
How to get rid of opisthorchiasis with medicinal herbs? In most cases, herbs are used not to expel parasites, but to restore the functioning of the digestive organs.
- St. John's wort decoctions kill bacteria, reduce inflammation and promote rapid wound healing. It is enough to take 15 g of dry grass and pour boiling water over it, strain after 40 minutes. Drink up to 5 times a day, 20 ml.
- Nettle has a choleretic effect and improves intestinal peristalsis. It is recommended to use the plant in dry crushed form with water.
- Celandine helps to get rid of accumulated bile.
- Dandelion is able to restore the liver and gallbladder, remove toxins from the body. Chop dry leaves, pour boiling water and leave for about 2 hours. You can drink up to 5 times a day before meals.
- A mixture of several herbs will help expel parasites and restore organ function. Buckthorn, sweet clover, tansy and wormwood should be combined in equal amounts. Pour boiling water for 30 minutes, then strain. The medicinal composition should be drunk twice a day after meals.
Medicines for the disease
If the disease is accompanied by poor health and poor outflow of bile, a decision is made to conduct treatment in a hospital. But in most cases, it is allowed to take the prescribed medications on your own at home. Opisthorchiasis can be cured with the help of the following medicines.
Praziquantel. Anthelmintic agent that causes complete paralysis of parasites. It is contraindicated to give to children under 4 years of age and to patients who have liver disease not associated with helminthic invasion. The tablet should not be chewed or broken, it is best taken with dinner. In most cases, the dosage is 40 mg per 1 kg of human body weight. The duration of treatment is from one to three days.
Ecosol. Antiparasitic agent based on natural ingredients. The medicine not only removes parasites from the body, but also protects the liver from toxic products released during their decay. Has a choleretic effect. Should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
Albendazole. The medicine stops the process of absorption of glucose by the parasites, as a result of which they cease their vital activity. The drug is not prescribed for children under 6 years of age, as well as for patients with severe visual impairment. The tablet should be taken after meals. The dosage is 0.4 g per 1 kg of body weight. After three weeks, a repetition of the course is required.
Chloxyl. The medicine causes the weakening and death of the parasites. Not prescribed for heart and liver diseases not associated with helminths. The instruction recommends switching to a special diet before taking the pills. The dosage is 10 g per day, divided into three doses.
There are many treatments for opisthorchiasis. When choosing, you need to be guided by the doctor's recommendations. You cannot self-medicate, even if these are recipes for traditional medicine.