Table of contents:
- A variety of parasites
- Frequent inhabitants of the human body
- Signs of colonization of the body with worms
- Laboratory detection methods
- Healing activities
- Preventive actions
Video: Worms In Humans: Symptoms, Signs And Treatment
Worms in the human body develop as a result of the penetration of parasitic multicellular microorganisms. There are a variety of species, each of which causes its own symptoms. If parasites are found, treatment should be started. An infectious disease specialist will tell you how to get rid of worms with the help of drug therapy and alternative methods.
- 1 Variety of parasites
- 2 Frequent inhabitants of the human body
- 3 Signs of colonization of the body with worms
- 4 Laboratory detection methods
- 5 Treatment measures
- 6 Preventive measures
A variety of parasites
Worms - what are they? These are parasitic worms that live in humans and some animals. They come in different shapes and sizes. Attached to the mucous surface using suction cups, hooks and flagella. They can penetrate into muscle tissue.
There are three types of parasites:
- Roundworms. Scientifically, worms are called nematodes. In humans, worms in the body attack the intestines in most cases.
- Flat tapeworms (cestodes).
- Flukes (trematodes). In humans, they are localized in most cases in the liver and biliary tract.
There is another classification that will help answer the question of why worms appear.
- Contact worms (pinworms and dwarf tapeworm). Worm infestation occurs upon contact with a person with helminthiasis. Helminths enter the human body along with dust, through household items, personal hygiene items.
- Biohelminths (nematodes, cestodes, trematodes, pork and bovine tapeworm, echinococcus). Worms appear in humans along with dirty, poorly washed food products, as well as with meat that is poorly thermally processed. You can get infected through unboiled, unfiltered water.
- Geohelminths (roundworms, whipworms). Worms enter the soil along with animal feces. The likelihood of infection with worms increases when working in the ground or while outdoors. If hygiene requirements are not followed, the larvae enter the person's mouth, and unpleasant symptoms may appear.
Frequent inhabitants of the human body
Most often, the following diseases are found that provoke worms in humans:
Roundworms cause ascariasis. Human helminths enter the body along with dirty fruits, vegetables and berries
- Diphyllobothriasis develops against the background of the appearance of a wide tapeworm in the body. The source of infection is lightly salted, poorly dried, insufficiently thermally processed fish.
- Pinworms cause enterobiasis disease. Most often, helminthic invasion occurs through a contact-household way.
Signs of colonization of the body with worms
Each type of helminth has its own specific symptoms. The following parasites most often enter the human body.
Signs of worms in humans with ascariasis: a rash appears on certain areas of the skin, abdominal pain, nausea, sometimes even vomiting, decreased appetite. The level of eosinophils in the blood rises. Symptoms of helminthic invasion in severe cases are manifested in the form of peritonitis, appendicitis, intestinal obstruction and liver disease. The first signs of the presence of worms begin to appear 3 days after infection
- With diphyllobothriasis, the following symptoms of worms in humans are distinguished: the first signs of the appearance of worms may appear in the form of weakness, a constant feeling of fatigue; dizziness, nausea join, stool is disturbed, diarrhea alternates with constipation. Helminthiasis symptoms in adults are manifested by a decrease in body weight, pain in various parts of the abdomen. Signs of helminth infection are complemented by a decrease in hemoglobin, anemia develops. The first signs of worms appear 6 months after infection.
- Enterobiasis. Signs of worms in an adult are itching of the anus, which intensifies at night. Symptoms in adults are complemented by abdominal pain. The incubation period can last 2-3 weeks.
How to understand that a person has worms? Common symptoms of worms in an adult:
- symptoms of infection in the form of a rash, itching of the skin, dry cough;
- with worms, edema of certain parts of the body develops;
- worms in an adult can cause symptoms such as: fever, chills, convulsions;
- helminthic invasions lead to an increase in lymph nodes;
- helminths in adults lead to pallor of the skin, weakness;
- in humans, the symptoms of worms are manifested by pains not only in the abdomen, but also in the joints, muscles;
- common symptoms of helminthiasis include flatulence, increased gas production, constipation or diarrhea.
Laboratory detection methods
Does a person have worms - how to know if there are no external manifestations? Diagnostics is carried out on the basis of delivery of various biomaterials to the laboratory.
- Feces on the eggs of worms.
- Scraping from the anal area will help to understand if there is an infection.
- Immunological tests will help determine the presence of worms. They detect a specific type of M or G antibody.
- Analysis of feces for dysbiosis. In most cases, there is a decrease in the level of E. coli and bifidumbacteria.
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity is carried out in order to detect pathological processes in the organs of the digestive system.
- How to determine by a general blood test? The level of leukocytes, eosinophils, lymphocytes, ESR increases.
Based on the survey data, medications are prescribed that will help expel parasites from the body.
How to remove worms in humans? Before taking antihelminthic drugs, it is necessary to remove the intoxication of the body, which is caused by the waste products of parasites. For this purpose, the following groups of drugs can be prescribed.
- Hepatoprotectors help to restore the functioning of the liver and gallbladder (Essentiale, Rezalut).
- Antihistamines will help get rid of itching, swelling, coughing (Suprastin, Loratadin).
- Enzyme preparations help the digestive tract to break down food and digest it to the end (Mezim, Creon).
- Choleretic drugs will help free the ducts and relieve pain (Cholenzym, Hofitol).
- Treatment of helminthiasis begins with the intake of adsorbents that cleanse the blood and intestines from toxins, reduce the manifestations of allergies (activated carbon, Enterosgel).
The preparatory phase can last from 7 to 10 days. And only after that they start taking antihelminthic drugs. They can be composed of synthetic or plant components. Traditional medicine does not stand aside.
If there are worms, how to remove them from a person with the help of medicines? Antihelminthic drugs can have a wide or narrow spectrum of action. A list of the most effective drugs that doctors choose to treat worms:
- Nemozole helps to get rid of worms. This medication has a wide spectrum of action, destroys the shell of parasites, disrupts metabolic processes in his body, disrupts the process of glucose absorption. The result is death. The tablet should be taken with meals.
- Zentel. The drug is active against any phase of helminth development. There is a violation of the exchange processes. The course of treatment can be from 5 to 30 days. The tablets are taken with meals.
- Medamin helps to get rid of worms. It paralyzes the neuromuscular system of the parasite, bringing it out. The tablet should be chewed thoroughly and washed down with water before swallowing.
- Dekaris. In addition to the death of helminths, it leads to an increase in immunity in the human body. The drug paralyzes the muscular system, and within a day, parasites are observed to come out together with feces. Take the medicine with meals.
- Worms treatment in adults can be carried out using the drug Vermox. An anthelmintic agent disrupts the absorption of glucose by helminths. The tablets should be taken after meals. If necessary, repeat the course in two weeks.
- Treatment of worms can be carried out with the help of Pirantel medicine. There is a blockage of nerve endings, from which the parasites die and are excreted along with the feces. Acts against worms of various phases of development.
How to treat worms after the main course of taking anthelmintic drugs? After the main course, which lasts 3-5 days, a recovery period begins. At this time, anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin and mineral complexes, immunomodulators should be treated.
Treatment for worms includes all kinds of decoctions, enemas and ointments based on traditional medicine recipes. How to cure worms? The most famous and effective recipes include pumpkin seeds, garlic, onions, peppers, as well as herbal ingredients - tansy, cloves, wormwood.
How to deal with worms, except for drug therapy? Preventive measures can help avoid infection, and during treatment, they speed up the healing process and reduce the manifestation of symptoms.
- If there are pets in the house, you should monitor their health, and timely prevent worms and fleas. Keep your pet's litter box and feeding bowl clean. After contact with a pet, wash hands with soap and water.
- Before eating, wash food, it is advisable to pour boiling water over fruits and vegetables.
- Meat and fish should be boiled or roasted well.
- Observe hygiene, wash hands after going to the toilet, after working with the ground.
- Filter or boil water.