Table of contents:
- Basic information about drugs
- Drug intake regimen
- Contraindications and side effects
- How to make the right choice of the drug
Nowadays, quite often people are faced with such a problem as helminthic invasion, so the question of which drug to fight parasites to choose - Dekaris or Vermox is considered relevant. It is these medications that are endowed with a high level of effectiveness, are distinguished by a quick effect of treatment. In the presented article, we will try to understand in more detail how to take Decaris and Vermox.
- 1 Drug Basics
- 2 Dosing regimen
- 3 Contraindications and side effects
- 4 How to make the right choice of drug
Basic information about drugs
Both one and the other drug for worms is intended for the rapid and effective removal of parasites from the human body, but it is necessary to focus on the fact that drugs differ in their composition and spectrum of influence.
The main active ingredient of Decaris is levamisole, which has an extremely high level of activity against ascaris. Intestinal acne and hookworm cannot tolerate it.
Once in the stomach, the drug is absorbed into the bloodstream and quickly spreads through the tissues. The death of parasites occurs as a result of the toxic effect of the drug on the neuromuscular system of helminths, as a result of disruption of bioenergetic processes. Another positive side of the drug is that it helps to strengthen the state of the body's immune system.
As for Vermox, it contains a substance called mebendazole. It is this that leads to disruption of metabolic processes and the production of glucose in parasite cells. Vermox is effective for ascariasis, pinworms, whipworms and other types of helminths. A feature of this drug is that it practically does not enter the bloodstream, if necessary, the drug can be taken for a long time (up to 14 days).
The drug is allowed to be used by adults and children over three years old, the duration of admission should not be less than three days. Unlike Dekaris, Vermox can be taken prophylactically against pinworms and other types of parasites.
Drug intake regimen
It is immediately necessary to focus on the fact that in no case should Dekaris and Vermox be taken together. This is explained by the fact that their combination can provoke the formation of various side reactions and cause disturbances in the functioning of the organs of the digestive tract.
Another feature of drugs is that drugs can lead to allergies. Therefore, in most cases, especially with a strong infection with parasites, the scheme for taking Vermox and Decaris is as follows:
- For adults, on the first day of treatment, it is recommended to take 150 mg of Decaris in the evening, before going to bed. The tablets must be taken with water, their intake does not require a special diet and the use of laxatives. In the morning of the next day and for three days, you need to take 200 mg of Vermox three times a day. To achieve the best therapeutic effect, it is recommended to repeat the course after seven days.
- For children, the dosage of drugs should be less, it is calculated taking into account the child's body weight (for every 10 kg of weight, there should be 50 mg of Decaris). As for Vermox, its dosage should be 100 mg per dose.
As already noted, this treatment regimen for adults and children is suitable only in case of severe infection with parasites or with an extremely high intensity of their reproduction. In other situations, the drugs should be taken once, and the duration of the break between taking Decaris and Vermox should be at least 6 - 7 days.
In any case, therapy should be prescribed and monitored by the attending physician. This is explained by the fact that Vermox and Dekaris are considered quite toxic drugs, and if the dosage is incorrect, they can lead to the appearance of side reactions in the form of changes in the composition of the blood, dysfunction of various organs and body systems.
Contraindications and side effects
Both Dekaris and Vermox can lead to side effects. To prevent this, it is recommended to stop drinking alcoholic beverages during the course of treatment. This is explained by the fact that alcohol, combined with the active ingredients of drugs, increases their toxic effects, and this, in turn, creates an excessive load on the liver and kidneys, which remove toxic substances from the body.
Taking medications may be accompanied by the appearance of such adverse reactions as:
- decreased body resistance;
- increased body temperature;
- general weakness.
The use of Vermox and Decaris can cause the formation of an individual intolerance to their components, which will be accompanied by:
- pain in the abdomen;
- feeling of nausea and vomiting;
- deterioration in the functional ability of the liver;
- a feeling of pain in the head;
- pain in muscles and joints;
- manifestations of allergies.
An important point that requires attention is that in some cases, adverse reactions from taking Decaris can only manifest themselves a month after taking it. In rare cases, the formation of encephalopathy can be observed.
That is why the reception of Dekaris and Vermox should be carried out only after prior consultation with a doctor.
Due to the extremely high level of toxicity, drugs are prohibited from prescribing:
- children under the age of three;
- women during the period of bearing a child;
- women during breastfeeding.
An important point is that the instructions for Dekaris indicate its possible intake during the period of bearing a child, however, doctors insist on the use of drugs by pregnant women with a lower level of toxicity.
Carrying out treatment with Vermoxom can provoke disorders of the functioning of the stomach, in some cases acute pancreatitis can form, which requires surgical treatment.
In this case, the patient will complain about:
- pain in the abdominal part of the abdomen, which are characterized by an extremely high level of intensity;
- increase in temperature indicators to high numbers;
- vomiting, in which vomit with an admixture of bile will be released.
This pathological condition requires the immediate intervention of doctors, because otherwise pancreas perforation may occur.
How to make the right choice of the drug
Before choosing a drug for treatment and a therapy regimen, the doctor must evaluate the results of laboratory tests and take into account:
- the age of the patient;
- body weight;
- the presence in the patient's history of liver and kidney diseases, which are chronic;
- the number of parasites in the body and their activity;
- the place of localization of helminths.
For example, in children, in most cases, pinworms parasitize in the body, and Vermox for pinworms is considered the drug of choice. In the case of diagnosing ascariasis, therapy should consist of taking Dekaris and Vermox in the future.
It is rather difficult to answer the question which is better - Vermox or Dekaris, and it must be stated that there is no definite answer. This is explained by the fact that both drugs have been used in medical practice for a long time and have distinguished themselves by a high level of effectiveness. Scientists argue that it is wrong to carry out a comparative characterization of these drugs, because drugs have different principles of therapeutic effect.