Table of contents:
- Characteristics of discharge in chlamydia and the reasons for their appearance after treatment
- Chlamydia - what is it?
- What are the discharge with chlamydia?
- Diagnosis of the disease
- Discharge with chlamydia - how to treat?
- Discharge after treatment for chlamydia - why does it occur?
- Prevention measures
Video: Discharge With Chlamydia - What Are There And How To Treat
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Characteristics of discharge in chlamydia and the reasons for their appearance after treatment
- 1 Chlamydia - what is it?
- 2 What is the discharge with chlamydia?
- 3 Diagnosis of the disease
- 4 Discharge in chlamydia - how to treat?
- 5 Discharge after treatment of chlamydia - why does it occur?
- 6 Preventive measures
Chlamydia is a common infectious disease. Representatives of different sexes and age groups are susceptible to the disease, but more often than others young people encounter chlamydia, because the disease spreads through sexual contact. One of the clear signs of the disease is discharge with chlamydia. Consider the reason for the discharge of fluid from the urethra, its characteristics and methods of dealing with the disease.
Chlamydia - what is it?
The causative agent of the disease is the microorganism Chlamydia. It is interesting in that it combines the features of bacteria, to the kingdom of which it belongs, and also has common characteristics with viruses. The latter feature is clearly manifested in the possibility of rapid infection of body cells and multiplication inside them. The bacterium cannot produce the necessary enzymes for independent life, therefore, it is forced to use foreign cells, which makes it an intracellular parasite.
The main method of infection with bacteria is the sexual route, while partners are at risk not only for vaginal unprotected sex, but also for anal and oral sex as well. Some doctors argue that you can get infected with the disease in the home. Chlamydia can cause the following disturbing symptoms:
- A slight but steady rise in temperature up to 37 degrees;
- The presence of discomfort in the abdomen and lower back, the intensity of pain may vary, in some cases the feeling of discomfort is completely absent;
- Symptoms similar to cystitis: frequent urge to use the toilet, cramps during urination, burning sensation in the groin area;
- Inflammation of the vagina, as it is the main breeding ground for the harmful organism;
- Discharge with chlamydia - they are distinguished by a sharp unpleasant aroma and characteristic color.
The disease is dangerous because it proceeds in several stages, some of which are latent, that is, it does not have pronounced symptoms. The incubation period after infection is about 12-28 days. At the first stage, the bacterium enters the mucous membrane, at the second, the phase of active reproduction begins, which is characterized by the attack of the patient's cells by enemy bodies. The affected cells die off after a few days. In the third stage, inflammation begins inside the affected organ. Bacteria occupy the intercellular space and attack new healthy cells.
What are the discharge with chlamydia?
Types of discharge
As a rule, the discharge with chlamydia in women and men does not differ significantly. Consider the main distinguishing features of secreted mucus in case of a disease:
- Color - Usually the color of the discharge is colorless. The mucus has a transparent structure, however, in the presence of another sexually transmitted disease, the color of the discharge can change, become darker and more saturated. If you have a second similar ailment, then the discharge from chlamydia will not stop even after the complete treatment of the disease. The presence of a second infection is diagnosed in 50% of patients.
- Smell - if chlamydia is the only disease of the reproductive system, then the discharge does not have a scent. However, a strong unpleasant odor can appear in the presence of another sexually transmitted disease, gonorrhea, for example.
- Volume - the damage to the body by the disease does not lead to the production of a large volume of mucus. As a rule, it accumulates at night, so its greatest amount is seen in the morning when you first visit the bathroom. This symptom is especially evident in men. Women, on the other hand, may not notice this symptom, so the ailment can only be detected when visiting a gynecologist.
- The degree of viscosity - the discharge in chlamydia in men and women is more watery. While mucus with the development of other sexually transmitted diseases is thicker, viscous and purulent. If the discharge begins to change its consistency, then this indicates a possible infection with another venereal microorganism.
- Time of onset of symptoms - the clinical picture can be noticeable as early as a few weeks after infection with the bacterium. However, there are cases when the disease does not manifest itself in any way for several months, and alarming discharge appears only at the moments of its exacerbation.
Diagnosis of the disease
Diagnosis of the disease
Discharge in chlamydia in women and men is a good reason to see a doctor. Lack of timely treatment can often lead to infertility, complicated pregnancy and the development of other concomitant diseases in the future. Diagnosis of the disease begins with an examination by a doctor, then the doctor takes a smear to detect bacteria there.
Even if the results of the study did not reveal the disease, it is recommended that you undergo additional research, since the detection of chlamydia during repeated testing occurs in 70% of cases.
The most accurate way to diagnose an ailment is a PCR test. If the patient has bacteria, it gives almost 100% result. Other diagnostic methods are also used, but their accuracy is less than 70%, which makes their use not entirely justified.
Discharge with chlamydia - how to treat?
Chlamydia treatment is a complex therapy, in which special attention is paid to taking antibacterial drugs. Harmful microorganisms are quite sensitive to many types of antibiotics. However, in order for the treatment to really bring a result and be safe, a specific medication must be prescribed by a doctor based on the patient's condition, the level of functioning of the immune system, the presence or absence of concomitant diseases.
The main types of antibiotics that can remove infectious infection inside the patient's cells are the following:
- Tetracyclines are popular drugs Dorix and Unidox;
- Fluoroquinolones - popular drugs Spiramycin, Sparflo, Ofloxacin;
Macrolides are popular drugs Sumamed, Clarbact, Josamycin.
Antibiotics must be taken in regimens, treatment is indicated for both partners when it comes to a couple. Particular care must be taken when treating an ailment during pregnancy. Many of the antibiotics are not suitable for the expectant mother due to their high toxicity. It is recommended to undergo treatment in the second trimester, while the course of therapy is shortened.
To defeat the bacteria, in addition to antibiotics, vitamin complexes are also used that raise the level of immunity. During treatment, the patient should not have sex life. After the end of taking medications, repeated examinations are carried out in order to make sure that there is no bacteria. Tip: while taking antibiotics, take drugs for dysbiosis as well.
Discharge after treatment for chlamydia - why does it occur?
Causes of discharge after treatment
As a rule, the therapy prescribed by the doctor always gives results. However, there are times when not all bacteria are killed, and pathogenic processes in the body are still continuing. Discharge in most cases occurs in the morning or after urination. If these symptoms were noticed, then it is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo a second examination.
After the treatment of chlamydia, discharge remained - the reasons:
- The effect of antibiotics on the microflora of the body. Intensive therapy can eliminate not only pathogenic cells, but also healthy ones. As a result, there is an imbalance in the body and side effects of the treatment may occur. Therefore, during the course of treatment, it is necessary, along with the main medicines, to also take drugs that normalize the microflora.
- The type of treatment turned out to be ineffective - this state of affairs is typical in those situations when the patient used the wrong dosage or did not finish the course of medications to the end. Allocation may continue if the tablets were chosen independently without a doctor's recommendation (without taking into account the form and degree of development of the disease).
- Treatment was aimed only at chlamydia, and the second venereal disease was ignored - the second pathogen continues to affect the patient's body, causing inflammation and continuing pathogenic processes inside, resulting in symptomatic discharge.
- Only one person in a couple underwent the course of treatment - treatment will be effective only if both partners follow the doctor's instructions. Otherwise, the second person will constantly infect the first, making his treatment completely ineffective.
The basic rules for the prevention of chlamydia coincide with other prescriptions for sexually transmitted diseases. First of all, you need to practice protected intercourse. However, this will not be a panacea, since the risk of infection still remains. It is recommended to be careful when choosing a partner, not to practice promiscuous relationships. You must always have personal hygiene items, do not use strangers. Always wash your hands after visiting public places.
Last updated 2 August 2017 at 19:32Reading time: 6 minutesEveryone knows that the female and male organisms are two huge opposites. The body of each sex is endowed with its own abilities, structure and capabilities. It is not in vain that the female body is intended to bear and give birth to a child, and the male body is endowed with strength and endurance for obtaining food
Are There Parasites In Pink Salmon: Are There Worms That Are Dangerous To Humans - What They Look Like, Photo
Are there parasites in pink salmon: are there worms in this fish that are dangerous to humans, what they look like and what diseases cause
Are there worms in squid: are there parasites dangerous to humans in seafood, photos of worms in squid, how to disinfect meat
Discharge in chlamydia in women is a signal indicating a malfunction of the genitourinary system. Each of the fair sex can manifest in different ways. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism
Page contentDischarge in womenSymptoms of vaginal odorDischarge in menFeatures of mucusSpawn rateWhat provokes dischargeDischarge remains after trichomoniasis treatmentWhy is trichomoniasis dangerous?Self-examinationTreatment options for womenYou can defeat parasites