Table of contents:
- Why with helminthiasis the temperature can rise
- Worms and fever
- What worms cause fever?
- Dysbacteriosis and temperature
Video: Can There Be A Fever From Worms Or Not?
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Why with helminthiasis the temperature can rise
- 1 Worms and fever
- 2 What worms cause fever?
- 3 Dysbacteriosis and temperature
- 4 Treatment
- 5 Summary
Helminthiasis in the human body manifests itself in different ways. It is characterized by both local symptoms, in the form of nausea, bowel upset or cough, and general malaise. Temperature with worms is not the main symptom, but rather a secondary reaction of a weakened organism. It proceeds in the form of an inflammatory process in a disease that was provoked by helminthic invasion.
To understand - can worms give a temperature, and what reasons contribute to this, it is important to have an idea of the effect on the body of different types of worms.
Worms and fever
Worms and fever
Helminths are parasitic organisms that live exclusively on other people's resources. While in the human body, in addition to feeding on cells and blood, they poison this organism with the products of their own vital activity. The toxicity of worms and the degree of mechanical damage to organs depends directly on the type of parasites and is the main factor affecting the full functioning of all systems.
Among the worms, there are often species that are able to parasitize in the body asymptomatically for many years. And only in the period of exacerbation of the ongoing disease, with a sharp decrease in immunity, can severe symptoms appear. However, there are also such parasites that, after entering the body, signal not only an increase in temperature, but also negative reactions:
- A toxic manifestation that occurs during the release of poisonous substances by worms, in the process of their vital activity. The degree of harm to a specific organ depends on the type of helminth and the place of its location. Infection of the circulatory system occurs when harmful toxins are absorbed. Flukes pose the greatest danger to the body, since their waste products are as toxic as possible.
- Mechanical damage manifests itself in the form of small ulcers, in the places where parasites are attached. Hooks and suction cups located on the body help helminths to adhere to the tissues of organs. For the migration of worms throughout the body, in search of the most comfortable habitat, it is important for them to get to the bloodstream. For this purpose, they mechanically act on the epithelium, provoking minor damage. Multiple ulcers intensify pain symptoms and inflammation, which contribute to an increase in temperature.
- With a parasitic effect, active reproduction of worms occurs. With their penetration inside, a continuous cycle begins in the human body, including the development of helminths, their growth, then reproduction and death. For the successful development of each of the stages of the vital activity of worms, it is extremely necessary for them to be supported by various microelements and useful components of the body.
- Allergic reactions. Waste products secreted by helminths are often perceived by the human body as a foreign body. As a result, causeless redness and rashes appear on the skin, less often - swelling occurs. The accumulation of a huge number of worms often leads to the formation of plaques that block the lumen of the intestine and provoke constipation.
The greatest danger is caused by poisoning of the body, which occurs during the decomposition of the parasite. With the death of worms, the possibility of their emergence outside together with feces is excluded. This leads to poisoning by decomposition products and, as a result, causes temperature.
What worms cause fever?
Worms can give a temperature while still in the initial stage of their migration, that is, when they first spread throughout the body. Often, hyperthermia with worms is not observed at all. Its absence, as well as the absence of cough, abdominal pain and other symptoms, indicates a chronic course of the disease. An increase in temperature in adults and children is most often promoted by such parasites as:
In addition to an increase in temperature readings, they often cause a number of other accompanying symptoms:
- Giardia. The presence of these worms in the body is diagnosed by the pallor of the skin and discomfort in the umbilical region. A person with giardiasis often has nausea with vomiting, as well as an unbridled desire to eat something sweet. The body temperature during infection with these parasites for a fairly long period is within 37.5 ° C.
- Trichinella. Their presence rarely remains without unambiguous symptoms, they are expressed in puffiness of the face and are accompanied by muscle pain in the lower extremities. A temperature not exceeding 37 ° C often indicates a trichinosis lesion.
- Pinworms are worms that almost never bypass preschoolers. They are rarely seen in adulthood. When infected, the child usually complains of severe itching in the perineum and anus. Enterobiasis can also be diagnosed by a child's lack of appetite and poor sleep. These worms rarely produce temperatures in excess of 37 ° C.
- Ascaris. This is the most active worm, parasitizing in the body of people of any age. The greatest danger of this helminth is in the regular laying of a large number of eggs, as a result of which inflammation of the internal organs and mucous membranes is possible, due to minor mechanical damage. In children, the presence of ascaris rarely manifests itself with any symptoms, and in adults it passes accompanied by unpleasant symptoms and the presence of a high temperature, which, depending on the degree of infection, can range from -37 to 38 ° C.
Dysbacteriosis and temperature
Parasitizing in the human intestine, worms disrupt its microflora, contributing to the death of beneficial bacteria, thereby causing dysbiosis. Young children with weakened immunity and occasional antibiotics are more likely to get sick. Due to the lack of the necessary bacteria, dysbiosis leads to:
- Upset stool;
- Dysfunction of all internal organs;
- Inability to fully assimilate vitamins and minerals from food.
The active reproduction of harmful bacteria is the main reason for the appearance of inflammatory processes in the intestines, which provoke a rise in temperature. Lack of appetite and the presence of nausea is a consequence of dysbiosis, which appears against the background of helminthic invasions.
Drug treatment, without revealing the true cause, not only will not give a positive effect, but also significantly aggravate the situation. The components of drugs for dysbiosis include all the necessary nutrients for the full existence of parasites.
If the cause of the rise in temperature is caused by helminthic invasions, it will be enough to start taking antihelminthic drugs to eliminate the symptom. Medicines are selected by the doctor based on the results of the analysis. For complex infections, anti-inflammatory drugs are sometimes prescribed. Young children who find it difficult to tolerate even a slight increase in temperature are recommended to use any antipyretic based on:
Regardless of the nature of hyperthermia, even if it fluctuates within insignificant limits, medical advice is required. The prolonged presence of subfebrile temperature indicates the presence of an inflammatory process. A visual examination will help to establish the cause of its appearance, based on the patient's complaints and the general clinical picture, as well as a mandatory blood test.
Temperature with worms is an additional (secondary) symptom of the disease. Against the background of increased indicators, the main symptoms only worsen.
A jump in temperature from worms can occur several days after the infection of the body. This is due to the rapid growth of parasites and their ability to actively reproduce in large enough quantities.
Temperature in children with worms is more common than in adults. This fact is explained by the imperfection of the immune system in childhood. For this reason, the examination for the presence of parasites in preschoolers should be regular. Prevention and control of infection, at its initial stage, helps to avoid subsequent serious complications.
Diet for worms: what foods can be included in diets when the body is infected with parasites. Sample menu for the day with helminthic diseases
Are There Parasites In Pink Salmon: Are There Worms That Are Dangerous To Humans - What They Look Like, Photo
Are there parasites in pink salmon: are there worms in this fish that are dangerous to humans, what they look like and what diseases cause
Are there worms in squid: are there parasites dangerous to humans in seafood, photos of worms in squid, how to disinfect meat
About what kind of diet can be with worms. How to improve nutrition, what products must be included, and what must be completely excluded. Prevention measures are described
Page contentWhat parasites can be in eggsSigns of contaminated eggsDanger to humansYou can defeat parasites!Can there be worms in eggs? Yes they can. Chickens are susceptible to helminthiasis. Parasites can enter the eggs because they affect not only the intestines, but also other organs of the bird