Table of contents:
- Symptoms of chronic opisthorchiasis, treatment methods
- Development mechanism
- Drug treatment
- Therapeutic diet
Video: Chronic Opisthorchiasis - Symptoms And Methods Of Struggle
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Symptoms of chronic opisthorchiasis, treatment methods
- 1 Symptoms
- 2 Development mechanism
- 3 Diagnostics
- 4 Drug treatment
- 5 Therapeutic diet
- 6 Prevention
Chronic opisthorchiasis - helminthiasis, the cause of which is infection with a cat fluke. The disease becomes chronic, in which case the liver, gallbladder and pancreas are affected. If you start treatment in a timely manner, the risk of complications will be minimal.
Studies have shown that ignoring this disease can cause primary liver or pancreatic cancer.
At the initial stages, it is rather difficult to diagnose manifestations of chronic opisthorchiasis. Pathology may not manifest itself with any distinctive symptoms for a long time.
Most often, people learn about their disease by the following signs:
- Severe headache, insomnia;
- Nervous irritation, mood swings;
- Inhibited state;
- High body temperature;
- Yellowing of the skin, sclera of the eyes;
- Soreness in the abdomen;
Nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite.
The disease can be present in the body for several decades, while a person may not even be aware of its presence. Due to the lack of full-fledged treatment in the body, gastritis, ulcers, and intestinal problems can develop. In rare cases, a person is faced with manifestations of cholecystitis and even lesions of the heart muscle.
Due to the chronic form of opisthorchiasis, a person may face serious disturbances in the functioning of the body. Usually pathology develops as follows:
- The suckers and forceps of helminths have a toxic and irritating effect on the mucous membrane of the gallbladder;
- In the cavity of the gallbladder, obstacles form in the form of a large accumulation of parasites;
Due to the negative influence of helminths, nerves are irritated.
Due to the above negative factors, the production of mucus by target organs is disrupted. An inflammatory process occurs in them, the surfaces of the epithelium begin to peel off. Opisthorchiasis can develop over a long period of time, because of it, the gallbladder ducts thicken, and cicatricial changes can also occur.
It is easiest to diagnose chronic opisthorchiasis in the initial stages. The doctor can easily determine the presence of parasites or larvae in the feces, but this is possible only with an advanced stage of pathology.
Also, the diagnosis of this disease includes the following activities:
- Bile analysis;
General blood analysis;
- Blood chemistry;
- RPHG - examination of the bile ducts using an endoscope;
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity;
- CT scan;
- Magnetic resonance therapy.
For the treatment of chronic opisthorchiasis to be as effective as possible, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination. Only after that, the specialist will be able to draw conclusions about the state of your body and prescribe the most effective and suitable medications. They will be aimed at eradicating the infection.
The most popular are drugs called Praziquantel, Biltricid, Albendazole. They are taken for several days, the need for a second course is extremely rare.
The following medications may also be prescribed:
- Antihistamines - prevent the development of an allergic reaction. Such drugs reduce discomfort, reduce the risk of asthma attacks. It is best to use drugs of the latest generation, as they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Choleretic drugs - choleretics or cholekinetics. They normalize the outflow of bile in the gallbladder. They are also necessary when a secondary infection is attached to an organ or in the presence of calculi in it.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics - prevent the development of the inflammatory process, kill bacteria and infections in the body.
Immunomodulatory - increase the body's defenses, significantly accelerate the process of its recovery after an infection.
In order for the treatment of chronic opisthorchiasis to bring the maximum effect, it is necessary to follow a special diet during therapy. Most often, doctors prescribe table number 5 to patients. At the same time, it is strictly forbidden to eat fatty, fried, smoked, spicy, spicy dishes. The basis of the diet should be made up of puree soup, vegetables, fruits, cereals and cereals.
Also in your diet should be present:
- Low-fat varieties of meat and fish;
- Yesterday's bread, crackers;
Fresh vegetables and fruits;
- Cereals and cereals;
- Dairy products;
- Kissels and herbal decoctions;
- Vegetable salads;
- Legumes and cabbage;
- Low-fat dairy products.
Try at least for a while to give up the use of baked goods, sweets and high-calorie treats. All this negatively affects the work of the digestive tract.
Be sure to cut out soda, alcohol, and sugary juices from your diet.
To reduce the risk of infection with opisthorchiasis or its overflow into a chronic form, it is necessary to undergo diagnostic examinations from time to time. They will help in the initial stages to determine the disease.
To assess the effectiveness of therapy, tests are taken only 3 months after the end of therapy. If it is found that not all parasites have been eliminated from the body, therapy is resumed. To protect yourself from infection with opisthorchiasis, follow preventive measures.
The most important recommendations include:
- Refusal to drink from dirty sources or from the tap;
- Use of protective gloves when cutting fish;
- Refusal to eat raw fish;
- Regular examination by a treating specialist;
- Complete heat treatment of food;
- Washing hands with soap before and after cooking;
- Complete processing of boards and knives after cutting food;
- Purchase of fish only in proven places.
Last updated on January 21, 2018 at 02:58 PMReading time: 5 minOpisthorchiasis is a disease caused by parasitic flatworms that are infected by eating raw, undercooked or slightly salted river fish.Once in the human body, the larvae of the biohelminth metagonimus begin to parasitize in the gallbladder, the ducts of the liver and pancreas, causing opisthorchiasis that affects these organs
How to treat ureaplasmosis: description of the disease, symptoms and signs of pathology, diagnosis of the parasite. Special instructions for pregnant women in the treatment of ureaplasmosis, prevention of the disease
Manifestations of chronic opisthorchiasisChronic opisthorchiasis is a disease provoked by the penetration of flatworms - opisthorchias into the human body. In this case, the hepatobiliary system is affected, and therefore in the clinic of helminthiasis, signs of hepatitis, cholecystitis, duodenitis, gastritis, etc
What is chronic giardiasis: how is infection and methods of treatmentGiardiasis is a type of intestinal infection. The disease in a chronic form manifests itself in a mass of symptoms that cannot be eliminated without special treatment. Parasites that live in the human small intestine interfere with the absorption of nutrients
Chronic toxoplasmosis during pregnancy: consequences and treatmentChronic toxoplasmosis during pregnancy is fraught with danger for a woman and an unborn child, since the infection is transmitted through the placenta to the fetus. About 25% of people are carriers of such a disease and are unaware of it, because the pathogen is activated under favorable conditions