Table of contents:
- Assistant in the fight against parasites Bithionol
- Indications for use
- Composition and mechanism of action
- Side effects and contraindications
- Drug analogues
- Treatment of children
Video: BITIONOL - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews And Analogues
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Assistant in the fight against parasites Bithionol
- 1 Indications for use
- 2 Composition and mechanism of action
- 3 Treatment
- 4 Side effects and contraindications
- 5 Drug analogues
- 6 Treatment of children
- 7 Reviews
Bithionol is a drug with a powerful antiparasitic effect. It is able to effectively deal with many types of pathogenic organisms. Most often, this remedy is used to combat large tapeworms and all types of flukes.
Indications for use
Indications for use
Bithionol is an antiparasitic agent with a fairly high efficiency. This medicine can quickly relieve a person of the following types of infections:
- Pulmonary fluke - here it must be borne in mind that the drug will be absolutely ineffective in chronic infection;
- Fascioliasis - a disease in which the fluke affects the liver and its ducts;
- Diphyllobothriasis is a state of the body when wide ribbons are present in its intestines;
- Teniarinhoz is a lesion in which bovine tapeworm parasitizes in the body.
The main advantage of Bitionol is its high efficiency. He can easily cope with complex types of infections, including against tapeworms. Despite this, it causes serious side effects in many cases.
Composition and mechanism of action
Bithionol is a white or white-gray powder, which is easily divided into crystals. It has a phenol odor. Bithionol quickly dissolves in alcohol, while in water it immediately precipitates. The active ingredient in this medicine is tetrachloridiphenyl sulfide. It has a synthetic nature, quickly kills all pathogenic microorganisms and removes them from the body.
Tetrachlorodiphenyl sulfide is a protoplasmic poisonous substance. In Bitionol it contains a small amount, absolutely safe for the human body. This component quickly spreads throughout the human body, begins to destroy the cell membranes of the worms. Because of this, metabolic processes in them stop, because of this, the parasites completely die.
It is important that treatment with Bithionol is prescribed by the attending physician. When choosing the duration of treatment and the dosage of the active substance, the specialist needs to assess the age, weight, type of parasites, as well as the stage of the disease. The most common treatment regimens are:
- Therapy of trematodes - flukes and tapeworms. In this case, it is necessary to take the drug at the rate of 30-50 mg of powder per 1 kg of human weight. the solution must be used after meals in the morning, afternoon and evening. Usually the duration of treatment is 3-5 days. At the end of therapy, it is very important to undergo an extended diagnostic examination, if necessary, the treatment is repeated after a few days of break.
- Therapy of teniarinchiasis and diphyllobothriasis. In order to get rid of such diseases, it is necessary to take Bitionol powder at the rate of 60 mg per 1 kg of the patient's weight. You need to take the medicine 2 times a day, morning and evening, dividing the daily dose into two doses. It is best to do this after a meal with plenty of water. The full therapeutic effect appears six months later. An x-ray scan of the lungs must be done to confirm the success of the treatment.
Bithionol is also used to treat helminth infections in children over 8 years old. Keep in mind that this is a rather aggressive drug, it is prescribed only if long-term anthelmintic therapy has not brought any result. It is not uncommon for children to have serious side effects that can seriously endanger the child's life. When the first negative manifestations appear, therapy must be stopped immediately.
Side effects and contraindications
The antihelminthic agent Bithionol often causes side effects, which is why its implementation is limited. The first negative effects appear within a few days after the start of application. To get rid of them, you just need to stop using. In rare cases, patients have a serious deterioration in their health condition, and medical intervention may be required. Among the most popular side effects are:
- Severe diarrhea;
- Abdominal pain, pain in the stomach;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Headache and dizziness;
- Disorientation in space;
- The appearance of protein in the urine;
- Increased body temperature;
- Lack of appetite, sleep disturbance;
- The appearance of an allergic reaction;
- The appearance of papules and urticules on the skin;
- Development of anorexia;
- Reducing the concentration of all chemical elements in the blood.
Remember that treatment with Bithionol is not shown in all cases. It is strictly forbidden to use it for children under 7 years old. Also, it is not recommended for admission to patients who suffer from cardiovascular disease, pregnant and lactating women. Doctors do not prescribe Bithionol for people suffering from cerebral parahominosis. They may need additional steroid therapy.
To date, Bitionol is not sold in Russia and some other CIS countries. This is due to the fact that the drug often causes serious side effects. Modern counterparts are safer, they are less likely to cause negative consequences from use.
Togalol is a complete structural analogue of the drug - however, its implementation is also limited. You can always replace Bithionol with other medicines in which praziquantel is also the active ingredient. It has a better effect on the state of the body when compared with tetrachloride phenyl sulfide. The most popular analogues of Bitionol are:
Treatment of children
Treatment of children
Bithionol for the treatment of worms can also be used in children over 8 years old. Please note that it can only be used as directed by a doctor and after extended diagnostics. Most often, Bithionol is prescribed in the event that drug therapy against worms has not brought any therapeutic effect for a long time.
Keep in mind that Bithionol is a serious drug that can easily cause side effects. Children are prescribed this medicine only if the worms seriously threaten their health.
Bactefort will relieve papillomas and parasites in a short time. The treatment is safe and does not cause side reactions, since all components are of natural origin
Modern drug for parasites Notoxin: composition of the drug, useful properties, cost on the official website, customer reviews
Citrine seed from parasites: effect on the body, correct intake schedule, contraindications for use, cost, reviews of doctors and patients
Page contentWhat is ELISAAdvantages and disadvantagesWhere to check in and how much does it costVarieties of enzyme immunoassayDelivery processDecoding the resultsReviewsYou can defeat parasites!High-quality and accurate diagnosis of parasitic diseases is one of the main conditions for choosing an adequate therapeutic tactics
Analysis Of Feces For Lamblia And Their Cysts: How To Donate And Where, The PCR Method And Ichg, Price
Page contentWhy take a stool test for lambliaThe process of passing the analysis of feces for lamblia in a child and an adultTrainingMaterial collection processDecoding analysisHow much does it cost and where can I take itAlternative analyzesYou can defeat parasites