Table of contents:
- McMiror Bacteria and Worm Control Agent
- Composition and dosage form of McMirora
- How does
- When use is prohibited
- How to apply correctly
- Possible unwanted outcome
- Application features
- Macmiror drug price
Video: MAKMIROR - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews And Analogues
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
McMiror Bacteria and Worm Control Agent
1 Composition and dosage form of Makmirora
- 1.1 Tablets
- 1.2 Vaginal capsules (suppositories)
- 1.3 Cream
- 2 How it works
- 3 Indications
- 4 When use is prohibited
5 How to apply correctly
- 5.1 Tablet form
- 5.2 Vaginal capsules (suppositories)
- 5.3 Cream
- 5.4 Tablet medicine
- 5.5 Vaginal capsules
- 6 Possible unwanted outcome
- 7 Overdose
- 8 Application features
- 9 The price of the McMiror drug
- 10 Analogs
- 11 Reviews
Macmiror is a medication belonging to the group of nitrofurans. Macmiror is an antibacterial and antifungal drug that has a high therapeutic effect, while not having a strong toxic effect.
Composition and dosage form of McMirora
The tablet form is realized in the form of pills, covered with a white shell. The main component is nifuratel, in one tablet its amount is 200 mg. It also contains additional substances.
Vaginal capsules (suppositories)
Vaginal capsules and Macmiror cream
The drug is a mustard-colored soft gelatin capsule that has an oval appearance. In the middle is an oily light yellow liquid. The active ingredients are nifuratel and nystatin. One capsule contains 500 mg of nifuratel and 200,000 IU of nystatin, as well as an additional component of dimethicone.
Nystatin is a naturally occurring polyene antibiotic that has antifungal effects.
Due to its low toxicity and, conversely, high selective antimicrobial activity, therapy with vaginal capsules does not cause the development of vaginal dysbiosis.
The composition contains the same active ingredients that are contained in the capsules. One g of vaginal cream contains 100 mg of nifuratel and 40,000 IU of nystatin.
Let's take a closer look at the effect of this antimicrobial drug on the human body. Macmiror has antibacterial, antiprotozoal and antifungal effects, as it has a wide range of therapeutic effects. It gives high efficiency and low toxicity, therefore, clinical use covers a large number of diseases.
The main recommendations for using the drug are the following diseases:
- Vulvovaginal infections that are triggered by drug-sensitive pathogens;
- Inflammatory ailments of the gastrointestinal tract of a chronic nature (inflammation of the gastric mucosa, gastric and duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease);
- Intestinal amebiasis and giardiasis;
- Inflammation of the kidneys, bladder, urethritis, pyelitis and other diseases of the urinary system.
When use is prohibited
Although the drug has low toxicity, it also has a number of prohibitions on its use:
Individual immunity of the component of the drug (active or additional);
- Deficiency in the body of sucrose / isomaltose, fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Renal dysfunction, neuropathy, deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Since the medicine contains sucrose, this should be taken into account by those who are diagnosed with diabetes mellitus;
- Cannot be used in children under six years of age;
- The tablet preparation should not be used during gestation at any time, as well as during breastfeeding.
How to apply correctly
- With infectious lesions that are provoked by Helicobacter pylori, adult patients are prescribed Macmiror two pills 2 to 3 times throughout the day. For children, the dosage should be determined per 1 kg of body weight - 15 mg, applied twice a day. The duration of therapy is a week.
- With intestinal amebiasis, adults are prescribed two tablets twice to three times a day, the duration of treatment is 10 days. As for children, the recommended dose is 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight 3 times a day.
- With giardiasis, adult patients take 2 pills 2 to 3 times a day, and children - twice a day, 15 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The course of treatment is a week.
- For urinary tract infections, adults take 3 to 6 tablets for a week or two (it all depends on the severity of the disease). Children are recommended to take from 30 to 60 mg per 1 kg, dividing the received dose into two doses. The doctor may prescribe a second course or prolong the drug intake.
- For vaginal infections, adults are prescribed 1 tablet three times a day. The course of treatment is a week, and both a man and a woman who are in a sexual relationship must undergo therapy. Children are prescribed 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day in 2 divided doses for 10 days.
Vaginal capsules (suppositories)
The drug must be placed deep enough in the vagina. Apply 1 suppository per day (it is best to carry out this procedure before bedtime) for 8 days.
The treating doctor can prescribe an individual dosage and duration of treatment for a specific patient.
This dosage form of the drug McMiror is used 1 - 2 times a day (mainly in the morning and evening hours), two and a half grams. The duration of therapy is 8 days. It should be noted that both sexual partners should be treated at the same time in order to prevent re-infection. Sexual contact is prohibited during therapy.
The medication is administered using a graduated applicator. It is necessary to carry out this procedure correctly. To do this, attach the applicator to the tube with the cream, after which, by pressing on the tube, dial the required dose of the drug. In this case, you should be guided by the scale that denotes grams. Then detach the applicator from the tube, insert it into the vaginal area and, pressing on the rod, squeeze out the cream.
You need to know that a special nozzle makes it possible to use this drug without violating the integrity of the hymen. To do this, remove the cannula from the upper part of the rod, attach it to the syringe head from the opposite side, and then only inject the drug into the vagina. How to use during pregnancy and lactation.
Due to the fact that the components of the drug penetrate freely through the placenta, during pregnancy it can be used exclusively for strict medical reasons if the intended benefit to the woman outweighs the potential risk to the unborn baby.
If there is a need to treat the mother during breastfeeding, then it should be interrupted during therapy. This is due to the fact that the constituents of the drug are excreted in breast milk.
Suppositories are allowed to be used for therapy during pregnancy, but strictly as prescribed by a specialist and only if the intended benefit to the expectant mother is higher than the possible risk to the fetus.
As for the treatment of women while breastfeeding the baby, then the drug McMiror should be used under the strict supervision of a doctor, since there is no data on the penetration of its active substances into human milk.
Possible unwanted outcome
Let us consider in detail what side effects can develop during treatment with the McMiror drug:
- On the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bitterness in the mouth, heartburn rarely occur (these phenomena are of a short-term nature);
- From the nervous system - peripheral neuropathy;
- From the side of the immune system - due to the individual immunity of the components of the drug, allergic manifestations are possible in the form of itching and rashes on the skin, urticaria (it is quite rare).
In medical practice, cases of overdose of the drug McMiror have not been described.
No matter how good the drug is, it is necessary to use it correctly and know the peculiarities of use in order to prevent undesirable consequences for health in time. Let's consider the main points.
- If Macmiror is used for a long time, then the body may react with an allergic reaction.
- If signs of allergy develop at any time period of therapy, then taking the drug should be stopped and seek help from a specialist.
- In order not to provoke nausea and the development of severe fatigue, alcoholic beverages should not be consumed during treatment with the drug. If this nevertheless happened and side effects developed, then it is best to rinse the stomach, however, as a rule, after a while the negative consequences disappear on their own.
- During the entire period of treatment, sexual contact must be stopped. And in order to avoid re-infection, sexual partners should be treated at the same time.
- During treatment with other drugs related to nitrofuran compounds, negative manifestations such as thrombocytopenic purpura, hepatotoxicity, pathological changes in the blood and pulmonary reactions were recorded. It is worth noting that the connection between the named reactions and the Macmiror tablet drug has not been proven. But the development of such consequences cannot be completely ruled out.
Macmiror drug price
Let's get acquainted with the average prices offered by pharmacy chains in different cities of Russia. For example, a tablet form can be purchased at this price:
- In Moscow - from 657 rubles;
- In St. Petersburg - from 702 rubles;
- In Nizhny Novgorod - from 735 rubles;
- In Novosibirsk - from 785 rubles.
The average cost of vaginal suppositories is from 380 rubles, cream - from 654 rubles. The main price range for different dosage forms ranges from 697 to 1329 rubles.
The drug has a number of analogs that you can turn to if McMiror for some reason does not fit. However, it should be remembered that the replacement of the drug can only be carried out by a specialist, and not by the patient himself. Let's get acquainted with the most frequently assigned analogs:
Evkolek and others.
Due to its low toxicity and wide range of applications, the drug has many positive reviews, but there are also negative ones.
Bactefort will relieve papillomas and parasites in a short time. The treatment is safe and does not cause side reactions, since all components are of natural origin
Modern drug for parasites Notoxin: composition of the drug, useful properties, cost on the official website, customer reviews
Citrine seed from parasites: effect on the body, correct intake schedule, contraindications for use, cost, reviews of doctors and patients
Page contentWhat is ELISAAdvantages and disadvantagesWhere to check in and how much does it costVarieties of enzyme immunoassayDelivery processDecoding the resultsReviewsYou can defeat parasites!High-quality and accurate diagnosis of parasitic diseases is one of the main conditions for choosing an adequate therapeutic tactics
Analysis Of Feces For Lamblia And Their Cysts: How To Donate And Where, The PCR Method And Ichg, Price
Page contentWhy take a stool test for lambliaThe process of passing the analysis of feces for lamblia in a child and an adultTrainingMaterial collection processDecoding analysisHow much does it cost and where can I take itAlternative analyzesYou can defeat parasites