Table of contents:
- Remedy for the simplest microorganisms Tiberal
- The mechanism of action of the drug
- Tiberal: what are the indications for use
- What are the contraindications to taking Tiberal
- What side effects does Tiberal have?
- How is the treatment carried out
- Taking the drug in children
- Treatment for trichomoniasis and gardnerellosis
- Tiberalum treatment of amebiasis
- Is it possible to prescribe the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Drinking alcohol during treatment
- How Tiberal interacts with other drugs
- What are the analogues of Tiberal
- What are the reviews about Tiberal
Remedy for the simplest microorganisms Tiberal
- 1 Mechanism of drug action
- 2 Tiberal: what are the indications for use
- 3 What are the contraindications to taking Tiberal
- 4 What side effects does Tiberal have
- 5 How is the treatment carried out
6 Taking the drug in children
6.1 Reception with giardiasis
- 7 Treatment for trichomoniasis and gardnerellosis
- 8 Treatment with Tiberalum amebiasis
- 9 Is it possible to prescribe the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- 10 Drinking alcohol during treatment
- 11 How Tiberal interacts with other drugs
- 12 What are the analogues of Tiberal
- 13 What are the reviews about Tiberal
Tiberal is an antiprotozoal and antimicrobial agent that is actively used in the treatment of diseases caused by protozoan microorganisms. The main active ingredient is ornidazole. It has a detrimental effect on anaerobic microbes that develop in the absence of oxygen.
The mechanism of action of the drug
Tiberal acts directly on the DNA of microorganisms, which causes a violation of the chain of their reproduction. Also, the active substance has a toxic effect on microbes and disrupts their cellular respiration. Thus, the bacteriostatic effect of the drug is manifested (reproduction is excluded) and the bactericidal (destruction of pathogenic organisms).
The body absorbs the active substance of the drug by 90%. The maximum possible accumulation in the circulatory system occurs a couple of hours after taking. Quickly penetrates the placenta, fluids, cerebrospinal fluid, breast milk. If the drug was taken once, then about 80% is excreted after 5 days.
Tiberal: what are the indications for use
- Amoebiasis and other intestinal infectious diseases caused by protozoa;
- Purulent inflammation of the liver and brain caused by amoeba;
- Trichomoniasis (infections of the genital and urinary tract caused by Trichomonas);
- Gardnerella (an increase in the number of gardnerella bacteria, which causes vaginal dysbiosis);
- In the form of a prophylactic agent after surgical procedures on the large intestine or after operations performed in the field of gynecology.
What are the contraindications to taking Tiberal
Personal intolerance to the drug or its components, as well as derivatives of the active substance;
- Use with caution during pregnancy, and in the first trimester it is absolutely contraindicated;
- The form of the produced drug excludes the division of the tablet, which means that children weighing less than 12 kg cannot use it;
- Serious diseases of the central nervous system - epilepsy, tumors of various origins, multiple sclerosis, any pathology of the blood circulation in the brain, etc.;
- Severe liver disease, impairment of its function;
- Children under 3 years old.
What side effects does Tiberal have?
Central nervous system;
- Migraines and frequent dizziness;
- Constant sleepiness;
- Non-inflammatory processes in nerve cells, neuropathy (pain in the arms and legs);
- Trembling hands and feet;
- Excessive muscle tissue tension;
- Convulsive and weak states, fatigue;
- Loss of consciousness for a short time;
- Changes in coordination of movements;
Nausea, rarely vomiting;
- Change in taste;
- Circulatory system;
- Pathological abnormalities in liver samples;
- Neutropenia (decrease in the number of neutrophils).
An overdose of the drug is also possible. In this case, it is necessary to pay attention to side effects, which are only aggravated, neuritis (inflammation of peripheral nerves), depression, seizures that resemble epileptic seizures, allergic manifestations on the skin may appear.
The medicine has no antidote. Treatment is carried out according to symptoms, that is, for convulsions, diazepam should be administered, for skin manifestations - antihistamines. Also, doctors recommend taking sedatives (tablets, drops, herbs, syrups, tinctures).
How is the treatment carried out
Instructions for the use of Tiberal are as follows: the drug must be taken after meals with a sufficient amount of liquid, preferably water. Do not chew the pill, it is better to swallow it whole.
The medicine can cause drowsiness, fatigue and seizures, therefore, it is contraindicated for persons who operate technical means. Also, you should not assign it to people who are alcohol addicted, or who have liver pathologies. The drug is not prescribed to persons whose work requires increased attention and quick reactions.
The dosage and duration of drug use is directly dependent on the established diagnosis and is determined by the attending physician, in order to avoid the manifestation or intensification of side effects, as well as the appearance of drug-resistant superinfections.
As a preventive measure for the occurrence of anaerobic infectious diseases, the drug is prescribed in a dose: 500 mg -1 g (1-2 tablets) before surgery, 500 mg twice a day for 3 (in some situations 5) days after surgical procedures.
Taking the drug in children
Tiberal is used in children with the same indications as in adult patients. A child weighing less than 12 kg is not prescribed a drug in any case, since it is impossible to obtain the required dose when separating a tablet. The duration of therapy and the dose depends on the diagnosis and the weight category of the child.
The calculation is done as follows:
- If the weight is less than 35 kg, then the dose is calculated at 0.25 g for each kg;
- If the weight is more than 35 kg, then - 0.4 g per 1 kg.
Reception with giardiasis
The dosage of the medicine depends on the age category and body weight of the person. For babies weighing less than 35 kg, it is necessary to calculate the dosage in this way - 0.4 g per kg of weight, taken once a day.
Adults and children weighing more than 35 kg consume 1.5 g at a time at night. In this case, he is appointed in a short course - within 1-2 days.
Treatment for trichomoniasis and gardnerellosis
Trichomoniasis therapy in sexually active adults involves treating both partners at once, regardless of whether the second partner has symptoms of the disease or not. The treatment is carried out for 5 days, while the tablets are used twice a day. The dose for children is considered as follows: 25 mg per 1 kg of the child's weight - once.
With gardnerellosis, treatment is carried out according to the same scheme and the same duration. However, in the chronic course of the disease, the dose should be increased - up to 5 tablets per day (no more than 2.5 g), but breaking it into 2 or 3 doses.
In addition to the tablet form, women are advised to use vaginal suppositories in treatment, as well as to increase immunity.
Tiberalum treatment of amebiasis
Amebic dysentery is treated for 3 days according to the following scheme:
- For children weighing less than 35 kg, the medicine is prescribed in a dosage of 0.4 g per kg - once a day;
- Adults and children, weighing from 35 to 60 kg, are prescribed 3 tablets at a time at night;
- People weighing more than 60 kg should take one tablet 4 times a day.
Other types of infectious amebiasis are treated for 5-10 days:
- Individuals weighing more than 35 kg are prescribed a daily dosage of 1 g;
- If the child's weight is below 35 kg, then the dose is calculated based on 0.25 g per 1 kg of weight, and is used in two steps.
Is it possible to prescribe the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The data obtained from studies on animals show that Tiberal does not have a toxic effect on the fetus and does not cause anomalies in its development. But due to the lack of a comprehensive analysis and study of the effect of the active substance on a woman and her fetus, it is recommended to take the medicine only when absolutely necessary.
In this case, the use of the drug in the 1st three months of pregnancy and during breastfeeding is excluded. According to absolute indications, breastfeeding can be suspended for the period of therapy.
Drinking alcohol during treatment
Tiberal is compatible with alcohol because it does not inhibit aldehyde dehydrogenase. But a thorough study has not been carried out, therefore, the use of alcoholic beverages during the treatment period should be excluded.
How Tiberal interacts with other drugs
With the simultaneous appointment of Tiberal and anticoagulants (anti-thrombotic agents), the effect of the latter is enhanced, therefore regular dosage adjustment is required.
Also, the drug increases the duration of exposure to vecuronium bromide, which is used to relax skeletal muscles during surgery.
What are the analogues of Tiberal
There are many analogues of this drug in modern pharmacology. They all have one active ingredient - ornidazole. But if you decide to replace the prescribed drug on your own, then you will need to consult your doctor so as not to get an overdose of the drug, or, conversely, because of an incorrectly calculated dose, not to start the course of the infectious process, because the amount of the main substance in them may be different.
Similar drugs for the main substance:
- Gayro (India);
- Ornisid (Turkey);
- Quinisol (India);
- Ornidazole (Russia);
- Meratin (India);
- Orgil (India);
Orzol (India / UK);
- Ornigil (Ukraine);
- Ornisol (Ukraine);
- Lornisol (Russia);
There are also group analogs of this drug, which differ in the main substance, but are similar in their antiprotozoal and antimicrobial action: metronidazole, furazolidone, albendazole, tinidazole, nifuratel, tenonitrazole, tetracycline, doxycycline.
What are the reviews about Tiberal
According to the reviews of people who took Tiberal with giardiasis, we can say that the drug is highly effective against lamblia and does not require an additional course of therapy. Many women who have taken the drug note the rapid achievement of a therapeutic effect for genital infections. Also in favor of Tiberal is the fact that, with absolute indications, it can be prescribed in the II-III trimester of pregnancy without the risk of causing toxic harm to the unborn child, there are also positive reviews about this.
Many people complain about the ineffectiveness of Tiberal during the treatment of sexually transmitted chlamydia. Treatment of chlamydia with this drug is considered incorrect and incorrect, since chlamydia is an intracellular microorganism, and the antiprotozoal effect of the drug does not apply to it.
It is quite justified to use Tiberal with demodicosis, because it has an antiparasitic effect, is active against the demodex mite, which lives on the skin and hair, causing itching and flaking of the skin.
The price of Tiberal depends on the manufacturing company, mainly Turkey and Switzerland, and starts at 590 rubles. It is necessary to store the drug at room temperature, out of the reach of small children.
A medicinal product is produced in 10 tablets in a blister weighing 5 g. Shelf life - 5 years. It can be dispensed from pharmacies with a doctor's prescription.