Table of contents:
- The use of antibiotics for infection with chlamydia
- Why are chlamydia dangerous?
- Onset of the disease
- How to treat
- What antibiotics for chlamydia are prescribed most often
- What other antibiotics are needed to treat chlamydia
- How is the treatment regimen selected?
- How to treat chronic chlamydia
- Prescribing probiotics
Video: Antibiotics For Chlamydia In Women And Men
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
The use of antibiotics for infection with chlamydia
- 1 Why are chlamydia dangerous?
- 2 Onset of the disease
- 3 How to carry out treatment
- 4 What antibiotics for chlamydia are prescribed most often
- 5 What other antibiotics are needed to treat chlamydia
- 6 How is the treatment regimen selected
- 7 How to treat chronic chlamydia
- 8 Prescribing probiotics
Chlamydia - this term refers to a wide range of diseases that affect different systems of the human body. The development of such health problems is provoked by chlamydia - microorganisms that can parasitize in healthy cells of the body and cause pathological changes. Treatment can be effective if it is started early, when the disease is just beginning to form. During this period, bacteria are particularly sensitive to the active substances of drugs.
Why are chlamydia dangerous?
Why are chlamydia dangerous?
Since the disease can be with implicit manifestations, it may not be noticed until it goes into the chronic stage. More often it is formed in patients with severely reduced immunity. For women, chlamydia is dangerous due to the likelihood of getting adhesions in the fallopian tubes - this can lead to infertility in a short time. The disease is accompanied by discomfort during sexual intercourse, difficulties in everyday life. When the genitourinary system is infected, there is a gradual development of inflammatory processes in the fallopian tubes and uterus, and other organs of the small pelvis.
When carrying a child after infection, there is a high risk of complications for the development of the fetus; in some cases, the lesion can cause intrauterine death or the risk of miscarriage.
The consequences of infection in men are also unpleasant - they may develop infertility, the functions of the genitourinary system are disrupted, and there is frequent discomfort. With the development of inflammation, it affects the epididymis - the scrotum swells, painful sensations are constantly present, the temperature rises.
Inflammation in the disease affects the prostate, negatively affects the sex life. The generative function is impaired, organs of different systems can be affected simultaneously. Often, urethritis appears initially - this disease affects the functioning of the genitals, causing severe soy. Then the inflammation spreads to the joints and organs of vision. Often, with this course of the disease, disability becomes the consequences of chlamydia.
Onset of the disease
At the very beginning of the disease, there are almost no symptoms. However, for a sexual partner, an infected person becomes immediately infectious - the incubation period can be from two days. The first symptoms may appear after a couple of weeks from the onset of the disease.
Against the background of inflammation in women, the following signs can be distinguished:
- Temperature increase;
- Pain in the abdomen;
- Itching of the genitals;
- Discharge from the vagina with impurities of pus, mucus, their color is yellowish, foul smell;
- Frequent, painful urination;
- Painful intercourse, bleeding at the end of the process.
Chlamydia in men is characterized by inflammation in the vas deferens, prostate, discharge with an unpleasant odor, difficulty urinating, pain radiating into the perineum are possible. Erectile dysfunction is not uncommon. Chlamydia is dangerous not only because of the adverse consequences for the body. The body does not develop immunity to the disease - barely healed, a person can become infected again if he has sexual contact with an infected partner.
How to treat
Antibiotic treatment for chlamydia is carried out using complex therapy, which includes taking antibiotic drugs and drugs that have a local effect. The selection of funds for use in treatment is based on the following factors:
- It is necessary first to determine the strain of microbes that caused the disease. Some of the types of chlamydia are resistant to any drugs, including antibiotics.
- The duration of the course of therapy is selected in accordance with the life cycle of the detected parasites. It lasts at least 12 days.
- The method of treatment and antibiotics that will be used in therapy are selected depending on the type of chlamydia, which can be in the initial or chronic stage.
If concomitant diseases with a similar ethology are diagnosed, it is necessary to select drugs with a large spectrum of action. When chlamydia is established, antibiotics can be prescribed in conjunction with medications that help restore immunity and the beneficial microflora of the digestive organs.
What antibiotics for chlamydia are prescribed most often
In the practical medical field, antibiotics for chlamydia in men and women can be used differently. Doxycycline is considered one of the most effective. Its active substances have a detrimental effect on most of the known strains of the microorganism. In terms of beneficial effects on the body, it is significantly superior to other options.
Unfortunately, the mass of side effects does not allow the use of Doxycycline for a wide range of patients. On the part of the body, a variety of negative reactions can be noted, for example, disorders of the digestive tract, manifestations of candidiasis, that is, thrush.
Another effective antibiotic for chlamydia is Azithromycin. Its use can also cause side effects such as nausea and vomiting, and various troubles from the digestive system.
Azithromycin and Doxycycline are the most effective drugs for fighting chlamydia. To reduce the likelihood of adverse reactions, it is necessary to take probiotics and immunomodulatory drugs together.
What other antibiotics are needed to treat chlamydia
Antibiotics for chlamydia are recognized for their effectiveness. Its action is capable of destroying most of the known types of microbes. Medicines should only be taken as directed by doctors. It is necessary to select a medicine so that the individual characteristics of the organism, the presence of cumulative diseases, the results of research on biomaterials, and other aspects are taken into account.
The most effective and safe antibiotic drugs include the following varieties:
- Hemomycin is a medicine with a powerful antibacterial effect;
- Erythromycin is an antibiotic against chlamydia, which is also used in the treatment of urogenital infectious diseases of various origins;
- Clarithromycin is an antibacterial drug of medicinal action, often used in therapy for sexual infection;
Amoxicillin is a medicine capable of providing a therapeutic effect of high efficiency, a wide spectrum (it is rarely used for the treatment of chlamydia - the effect of the active substance does not apply to some strains);
- Josamycin is a new drug that has almost no adverse effects when used for treatment;
- Sumamed is one of the most effective antibiotics with little risk of side effects;
- Macropen is a safe drug that is also suitable for pregnancy;
Klacid is a highly effective remedy that is used for chlamydia and for some other viral diseases.
The course of antibiotics for chlamydia should be taken only as prescribed by the attending physician. Despite the fact that antibiotics for the treatment of chlamydia exist in considerable quantities, any drug can be used only after it is prescribed by the attending physician.
How is the treatment regimen selected?
Chlamydiae, which are found in the body of women and men, can be at different stages. If the patient has already started taking medications and there has been a break, the concentration of the active substance in the blood decreases. Chlamydia, which began to develop actively, will not have time to be affected. As a result, a defense response is developed, after which microorganisms can become insensitive to the active antibiotic. The disease often becomes chronic.
This feature of harmful microorganisms has become the reason for doctors to prescribe drugs when chronic chlamydia is detected in patients of both sexes for a period of two to four weeks. The first part of the pills for administration is prescribed a large one - this is the so-called "loading" dose.
Approximate treatment regimen
The selection of a regimen for the treatment of chlamydia is based on the category of the virus that caused the disease. The degree to which the disease has developed is taken into account.
When choosing an antibiotic regimen for chlamydia in men or women, it must be borne in mind that they must be different. It is important to take into account other individual characteristics of the patient, the possibility of developing allergies, and other factors that can lead to the need to refuse to take the drug.
The regimen for taking antibiotics against chlamydia can be as follows:
- The most effective means against microorganisms of chlamydia can be called macrolides. Their application is as follows. Klacid is prescribed in an amount of 250 g of active substance per day. The course of treatment lasts 2 weeks. Josamycin - in the first of the receptions 1 g of the substance is used, then the dose is halved. In one day, the reception is made twice, it should be treated for 10 days. Erythromycin in the amount of 0.5 g. Take once every six hours. Be treated with the drug for two weeks.
- To cope with chlamydia, drugs of the fluoroquinolone group can be prescribed for use. Their effectiveness is low, therefore, they are rarely prescribed for admission. The drug Pefloxacin is taken 600 mg once a day. Lomefloxacin is prescribed one tablet per day. The course of treatment with drugs is no more than 10 days.
- When trying to get rid of a chlamydial infection, broad spectrum antibiotic drugs can be used. It could be Clindamycin. In order for the result to be positive, the drug is taken four times a day in the dosage indicated by the attending physician. The duration of the course is a week.
Taking antibiotics is often accompanied by the use of probiotics and immune-boosting agents. They somewhat neutralize the aggression from the action of antibiotics, thanks to this, the condition of the digestive organs is noticeably improved.
How to treat chronic chlamydia
It is possible to get rid of chlamydia by taking drugs in a course only in cases of primary illness. If the disease has become chronic, complex treatment is necessary. Otherwise, there is a great risk that the disease will begin a recurrent course.
In chronic forms, treatment is carried out as follows:
- Use of Neovir, Cycloferon by injection (course lasts 2 weeks);
- Rovamycin is taken within 14 days (it must be used in strict accordance with the instructions of the attending physician, after several injections of the antibiotic);
- In addition, vitamins, physiotherapy procedures can be prescribed.
When treated with antibiotics, the condition of the gastrointestinal tract can significantly deteriorate. To reduce the negative effects of drugs, patients should take probiotics. They will help to avoid negativity in the form of dysbiosis, digestive disorders, and so on. The most commonly prescribed probiotics are:
Any of the drugs indicated as a way to get rid of chlamydia should be taken only after the clear instructions of the doctor and the selection of a treatment regimen. Otherwise, the consequences may not be particularly good. Patients are advised to take, in addition to antibiotic medicines, immunomodulators and probiotics in order to smooth out the aggressive effect of medicines on the organs of the body.
If we are talking about an infection of urogenital origin, both partners need to be treated. If it is not given proper attention, after the end of the course, re-infection is inevitable.
Chlamydia strains are mainly among the infections that spread quickly. It is recommended to start treatment only after the diagnosis has been made. With insufficient attention to the prescriptions of doctors or the independent choice of medications for treatment, the health consequences can be quite severe. The result can be very serious health problems.
Last updated 23 August 2017 at 15:36Reading time: 5 minTo fight diseases, you have to use a lot of drugs, including potent ones.So, when parasites are found in the body, strong drugs are prescribed that negatively affect all organs, but it is impossible to recover without them
Last updated 13 November 2019 at 14:46Reading time: 4 minutesChlamydia trachomatis (otherwise - chlamydia) today is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.Chlamydia is provoked by a pathogenic coccoid bacterium, which resembles a virus in its structure and contains RNA and DNA
Chlamydia smear: diagnosis of the disease, features of taking a smear for parasites in women and men. Conducting smear tests for chlamydia, decoding the results
About antibiotics for chlamydia. What is the danger of the disease and how to choose drugs. There are two groups of antibacterial agents. How to use them correctly, and are probiotics needed?
Antibiotics For Chlamydia In Women And Men: Dosage Regimen, How To Take, A List Of The Most Effective
Page contentTreatment scheme and featuresEssential antibioticsAdmission rulesSide effectsYou can defeat parasites!Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections; more than one hundred million people are infected with it annually