Table of contents:
- Use of the drug Zentel against parasites in the body
- Features of the composition
- Operating principle
- Application rules
- Adverse reactions
- Interaction features
Use of the drug Zentel against parasites in the body
- 1 Features of the composition
- 2 Principle of operation
- 3 Indications
- 4 Application rules
- 5 Adverse reactions
- 6 Contraindications
- 7 Overdose
- 8 Features of interaction
- 9 Analogs
- 10 Reviews
Zentel is an effective antihelminthic and antiprozoal medicine. With its help, you can cope with parasites and significantly improve your health. To achieve this effect, it is very important to strictly adhere to the instructions and follow medical recommendations.
Features of the composition
Features of the composition
The drug is produced in tablet form and in the form of a suspension for oral use. The active ingredient in the drug is albendazole. Also included are many additional components.
Zentel's price depends on many factors. On average, the cost of a substance in the form of tablets is 60 rubles. The suspension will cost a little more. This dosage form costs from 80 rubles.
Zentel is active against intestinal and tissue parasites. It helps to remove eggs, larvae and adult worms from the body.
The use of the substance provides a violation of glucose transport and functional damage to the helminth. This leads to the death of the parasite and ensures its removal from the human body.
Zentel is poorly absorbed after oral use. In order to increase the absorption of the substance, it must be combined with fatty foods. The breakdown of the active ingredient takes place in the liver. The maximum level of the drug in the blood is observed 2-5 hours after consumption.
The half-life of the drug takes 8.5 hours. The substance leaves the body through the intestines with bile masses. In a small volume, the drug is excreted using urine.
Zentel is recommended for use in such situations:
- Enterobiasis - is a parasitic pathology that is triggered by the activity of pinworms;
- Teniosis is a pathology in which the small intestine is damaged by the pork tapeworm;
- Hymenolepiasis - consists in disruption of the functioning of the nervous system and changes in the digestive process, which is associated with the activity of tapeworms;
- Ankylostomiasis - the provoking factors of this pathology are nekator or hookworm;
- Ascariasis - pathology is provoked by roundworms, as a result, diseases of the intestines and lungs develop;
- Clonorchiasis - is a chronic helminthiasis that affects the gallbladder (in addition, the pancreas suffers);
- Trichocephalosis - consists in poisoning the body and intestinal damage associated with the activity of the whipworm helminth;
- Opisthorchiasis - this pathology is provoked by flat worms (this process affects the liver and pancreas);
- Cutaneous lesion Larva Migrans - is an inflammation of the dermis of a convoluted nature, which is associated with the activity of nematode larvae;
- Giardiasis - the provoking factors are lamblia, which belong to the family of protozoa;
- Cystic echinococcus - implies the appearance in the lungs, liver and other organs of cysts and individual formations (these anomalies are due to the activity of tapeworm larvae);
- Neurocysticercosis - is a dysfunction of the nervous system associated with cestodes;
- Gnatostomosis - is a helminthiasis, accompanied by dermatitis, edema, subcutaneous nodes are often formed, and there is also a risk of pathologies of the nervous system, eyes and lungs;
- Hepaticolesis is a parasitic infection that manifests itself in the occurrence of hepatitis and its negative consequences;
- Toxocariasis - the disease is provoked by nematodes (it is characterized by the development of bronchitis, pneumonia, fever, eosinophilia);
- Trichinosis is a parasitic pathology that is accompanied by pain in muscle tissue, fever, swelling of the face, and there is also a risk of skin rashes, an increase in eosinophils in the blood.
The product must be taken with food. If it returns to normal after 3 weeks, a second course of therapy is recommended. Some people have difficulty swallowing pills. Most often this applies to children. In such a situation, the drug must be crushed or chewed. Then the product should be mixed with water. The suspension must be shaken before use.
To choose the right dosage and regimen of use, you need to take into account the diagnosis:
- With the development of ankylostomosis, ascariasis, the agent is used 1 time. You need to drink 400 mg of the substance per day, which is equivalent to 1 tablet. The same treatment regimen is shown for trichocephalosis and enterobiasis.
- In the case of hymenolepiasis, 400 mg of the drug per day is indicated. You need to be treated for 3 days. The same dosage is required for strongyloidosis and teniasis. With hymenolepiasis, another course of therapy is performed. It must be done between 10 and 21 days after the previous cycle.
- With the development of skin pathology Larva Migrans shows 400 mg of the drug per day. The therapy lasts 3 days.
- With clonorchiasis and opisthorchiasis, 400 mg of the drug is used twice a day. It should be treated in this way for 3 days.
- With giardiasis in children, therapy lasts 5 days. Doctors usually prescribe 400 mg of the medication.
Children 2-3 years old show the use of Zentel in the form of a suspension. Medication is not recommended for younger children. If there is noncatorosis, ascariasis or trichocephalosis, 10 ml of suspension is used once. The same must be done for hookworm and enterobiasis. Babies under 2 years old are given 5 ml of the substance 1 time.
With the development of hymenolepiasis, 10 ml of suspension is shown. The same dosage is required with the appearance of teniasis, strongyloidosis. This amount is taken for 3 days. If a child is diagnosed with hymenolepiasis, another course should be given. This is done between 10 and 21 days after the previous treatment.
With the development of opisthorchiasis and clonorchiasis, 10 ml of the substance is shown. You need to drink the product twice. It should be treated in this way for 3 days. Skin pathology Larva Migrans requires taking 10 ml of suspension. This therapy lasts 3 days. With the development of giardiasis, treatment lasts 5 days. You need to drink 10 ml of the product per day.
If a person has liver damage, the drug should be prescribed with great care. But there is no need to change the dosage. If the patient has kidney failure, there is no need to change the volume of the substance, since albendazole is produced in small quantities.
With systemic invasions, long-term therapy with an increased amount of medication must be combined with food intake. Large volumes of Zentel should not be prescribed to children under 6 years of age.
The volume is selected individually. The specific amount depends on the person's weight, the severity of the disease and the age category. People who weigh less than 60 kg are shown 400 mg of the drug. This corresponds to 10 ml of suspension. The substance is taken 2 times a day. If the weight exceeds 60 kg, 15 mg of the drug per 1 kg of body weight per day is indicated. This amount is divided by 2 times.
With the development of cystic echinococcosis, therapy lasts 28 days. The cycle can be re-scheduled after completion of the course of therapy after 2 weeks. If a person has multiple cysts in the liver or lungs, you need to spend 3 courses of therapy lasting 28 days.
If the cysts have a different location - in bone or marrow tissue - longer therapy is indicated. Before the intervention, you need to carry out 2 cycles with a duration of 28 days. If the intervention needs to be performed before the end of the cycle, the drug is taken before the intervention itself.
After the completion of surgery and drainage of cysts, 2 cycles of therapy are performed. Between them you need to break for 2 weeks. If active cysts are detected or worms multiply, treatment is carried out in 2 courses.
In the case of alveolar echinococcosis, therapy lasts 28 days. After a couple of weeks, a second course begins, the duration of which is 28 days. Zentel's instructions for use recommend, if necessary, to carry out therapy for several months or even years.
If a person develops neurocysticercosis, the duration of use of the substance is 7-30 days. The specific timing of therapy depends on the body's response to taking the drug. After a couple of weeks, you can repeat the course. When cysts appear in the parenchyma and granulomas, therapy should last 7-28 days.
If a person has racemic cysts, therapy lasts at least 28 days. The duration of treatment is determined by X-ray and the body's response to the use of Zentel.
When capillariasis appears, 400 mg of the substance is shown for 10 days. Usually 1 course of therapy is enough. However, if parasitological studies show a positive effect, it may be necessary to take another course.
With gnatostomosis, 400 mg of the drug is prescribed for 10-20 days. If a patient is diagnosed with toxocariasis or trichinosis, it is recommended to use 400 mg of the substance for 5 days.
In the treatment of neurocysticercosis, anticonvulsants and glucocorticosteroids are prescribed. The second category of drugs allows you to prevent the appearance of cerebral hypertension at the initial stage of therapy.
Patients who have liver failure should be examined in detail before therapy. Albendazole in the liver is converted to an active metabolite. Therefore, the presence of such pathologies leads to a noticeable change in the pharmacokinetics of albendazole. If during the period of therapy the amount of transaminases increases significantly or blood counts are disturbed, you will have to refuse to take the drug.
In some situations, the drug provokes unwanted body reactions:
- On the part of the immune system, an increase in sensitivity may be observed. This condition manifests itself in the form of skin rashes, itching sensations, urticaria.
- When the nervous system is damaged, dizziness and headaches occur.
- If the digestive system is affected, there is a risk of nausea and vomiting. Also, many patients complain of diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- If the hepatobiliary system suffers, an increase in the content of liver enzymes is observed. In rare situations, hepatitis develops.
- With damage to the dermis and subcutaneous tissues, there is a threat of the appearance of Stevens-Johnson syndrome. There is also the possibility of polymorphic erythema. Sometimes alopecia develops.
- With damage to the lymphatic and circulatory systems, leukopenia occurs. In more rare situations, aplastic anemia is observed. In addition, there is a risk of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia.
Common side effects include fever. If you experience negative reactions, you should immediately consult a doctor.
The substance is prohibited for use in such situations:
- Pregnancy planning;
- Carrying a child;
- Albendazole intolerance;
- Children less than 1 year old - for suspension;
- Age up to 3 years - for the tablet form of the medication.
Zentel is strictly prohibited while carrying a child. Patients of reproductive age should use effective non-hormonal contraceptives during therapy. The same should be done 1 month after the end of therapy.
With excessive use of the medication, there is a possibility of the appearance of such signs:
- Blurred vision;
- Speech disorders;
- Increased liver size;
- Visual hallucinations;
- Limb tremor;
- General weakness;
- Digestive disorders;
- Change in the color of the dermis, urine, sweat, saliva, stool to reddish or orange.
When an overdose occurs, you must immediately stop using the medicine, rinse the stomach and pick up symptomatic drugs.
The use of the drug with dexamethasone, cimetidine leads to an increase in the amount of albendazole metabolites. The same effect is observed when combined with praziquantel. All this provokes an overdose of the substance.
The systemic effect of Zentel can be increased by combining the drug with fatty foods. It is this kind of food that improves the absorption of the drug. Do not combine the substance with alcohol.
In case of substance intolerance, Zentel analogs are selected:
Numerous reviews of Zentel confirm the high effectiveness of the drug:
Zentel is an effective drug that helps to cope with helminthic invasion. This remedy in a short time improves well-being and helps to achieve good results. To get the desired result, you should strictly follow the instructions.