Table of contents:
- Antihelminthic prevention measures for children
- What is helminthiasis
- How to choose tablets for the prevention of worms for children
- Medicines for the prevention of worms in children
- How is the prevention of worms in children 3 years old
- What to give a child for the prevention of worms after 3 years
- Side effects, intolerance and its signs
- Traditional medicine
Video: Prevention Of Worms In Children - What Drugs To Use
Antihelminthic prevention measures for children
- 1 What is helminthiasis
- 2 How to choose tablets for the prevention of worms for children
- 3 Medicines for the prevention of worms in children
- 4 How is the prevention of worms in children 3 years old
- 5 What to give a child for the prevention of worms after 3 years
- 6 Side effects, intolerance and its signs
- 7 Traditional medicine
Helminthiasis in adults and children is not uncommon. The disease begins when parasites enter the human body. The products of the vital activity of the worms have a toxic effect on the carrier, other problems are not excluded due to the presence of worms. To get rid of them, both medications and homemade remedies can be used.
Helminthiasis seriously harms the general condition of the body. Especially severe, neglected cases are fatal. Therefore, infectious disease doctors advise to closely monitor the health of all family members and take regular prophylaxis of helminth infections.
What is helminthiasis
What is helminthiasis
Helminthiasis is a common disease from which not a single person in the world is immune. It can arise regardless of the age and gender of a person, his social status and nationality. Everyone has a risk of getting sick. According to experts, for one touch to an object, the patient is able to leave several dozen helminth eggs on it. Therefore, in general, prevention of worms in children and adults consists in thorough hand washing, especially after visiting crowded places. Additionally, you can treat them with a disinfectant liquid.
Helminthiasis is dangerous for both adults and children. Tablets for worms for children for prophylaxis can be prescribed depending on what are the individual characteristics of the body. If for adults the disease can do without significant complications, in childhood the danger from the influence of helminths can be more serious. In advanced cases, the parasites affect the body in an extremely negative way and can lead to death.
More than 100 types of worms have been identified that can parasitize in the human body. In preschool children, mainly such types of worms as pinworms or roundworms are found.
Ascaris worms differ markedly in appearance from other helminths. You can list the following differences between them:
- White color;
- Pointed ends of the body;
- The shape of the parasite is round;
- The length of the worm can be from 2 mm to 16 cm.
Ascaris activity is carried out exclusively within the small intestine. They do not stick to its walls, and it is not so easy to notice them in the feces of an infected person. Periodically, eggs are contained in the feces, since their life cycle is several years, it is possible that they become infected during this entire period.
Pinworms cause a disease called enterobiasis. The worm is small - generally no more than a couple of centimeters. They are located in the lower intestine and have a life cycle of only a few months.
At night, female pinworms leave the body of an infected person and crawl out. They lay many eggs on the skin folds around the anus. To accurately establish the presence of parasites in the body, you will need to take tests to identify the eggs of the worm. For this purpose, a scraping is performed in the laboratory - it is recommended to do it regularly.
If the prevention of helminthiasis in children is carried out in a timely manner, infection is unlikely. In patients with helminthiasis, symptoms may be as follows:
- Severe headaches;
- Problems with the digestive tract, vomiting and nausea;
- Feeling of weakness, loss of strength;
- The skin is pale;
- Itching in the anus, worse in the evening.
How to choose tablets for the prevention of worms for children
If preventive measures are needed against worms in children, the medicines offered in the pharmacy raise many different questions. It is better to consult a doctor for their correct selection. Especially carefully it is necessary to select options in order to carry out the prevention of worms in children under 2 years of age. You should not choose them yourself - many pills for the prevention of worms in children have an excessive toxic effect on the body, which not only expels the parasite from the body, but also makes the drugs harmful to the child. Improper use of medications will not provide the desired effect and may worsen the situation.
For prophylaxis, worm tablets are recommended for children to be given twice a year. It is worth remembering that research results are not always 100% reliable. Therefore, you should carefully monitor the behavior of babies - noticing weakness, bruises under the eyes, problems with sleep or stomach work, parents should contact a pediatrician. Perhaps it will cost everything that a specialist will advise a medicine for the prevention of worms in children - in studies, worms are found in one out of ten children.
But even if there are worms in the body, it can be difficult to detect them, especially if there are very few of them. Therefore, it is worth taking care of this in advance and submitting a remedy for the prevention of worms in children.
Medicines for the prevention of worms in children
For prevention, a child from worms can be prescribed the following drugs:
- Colon cleansing tablets;
- Medicines for the destruction of helminths;
- Medicines, the action of which helps to increase peristalsis, that is, the contraction of the intestinal walls.
How to proglist a child for prevention can only be decided by a doctor. You should contact a pediatrician for a preliminary consultation - he will decide on the appointment of research or refer to an infectious disease specialist.
Particular attention should be paid to the selection of drugs for the prevention of worms in children under one year old.
How is the prevention of worms in children 3 years old
For the prevention of worms in children under the age of three, it is necessary to select funds that are slightly toxic and safe for general health. For preschoolers, many medicines are prohibited due to their high toxicity. Allergies and other health problems can complicate their intake. Prevention against worms in children should be accompanied by the indispensable supervision of the attending physician.
Medicines can be prescribed as follows:
- Pirantel - it is often included in the prevention of worms in a child. This remedy has a low toxic effect on the human body - it can also be taken by very young patients. Prevention of helminths in children with its help can be carried out from six months of age, it is also suitable for pregnant and lactating women. The effectiveness of Pirantel is high even with a single use. This dose is also sufficient for taking for the purpose of treatment. The release of Pirantel is produced in the form of tablets and syrup. Children under three years old are prescribed a suspension in an amount of up to 3 ml. Pills are rarely prescribed for babies. If, as a result of the study, helminthiasis is detected, a medicine is prescribed for use within two or three days. Discomfort does not happen with such preventive measures, the taste of the product is sweet, and for most children it does not cause disgust.
- Another common remedy for the preventive measures against worms for children is Mebendazole. You can buy it at any pharmacy. But in this way it is impossible to carry out the prevention of worms in children under 2 years of age. However, Mebendazole is often prescribed. Many similar drugs are known, for example, Vermox. But it is necessary to take those of the medicines that are prescribed by the doctor - analogues can be toxic. Patients at the age of 2-3 years are recommended to use 25-30 mg every day - this is a sufficient dose for prophylaxis.
- Prevention of helminthic invasions in children should be carried out using drugs suitable for age. Aldenbazol is considered an effective medicine, but it should only be used for children over 2-3 years old. Only in special cases and with the permission of a doctor, it can be given to young patients. It is perfect if a variety of helminthiases are being treated and prevented in children.
What to give a child for the prevention of worms after 3 years
Many parents, who first encountered such a disease, do not know with the help of which antihelminthic drugs for children prevention is more effective. Starting from the age of three, it is possible to use pharmaceuticals with a stronger effect for the treatment and prevention of worms. But you still cannot choose them independently or with the help of a pharmacist. In order not to get serious complications of the disease, visit the pediatrician to assess the condition of the child. An effective and safe remedy will be selected for you, the choice of which will take into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
For the prevention of helminthiasis in children, it is worth a little preparation. Prescribe medications for this Allohol, Enterosgel. Reception is indicated a few days before the prophylaxis against worms for children begins. Using such medications, it is possible to completely cleanse the body of the poisonous traces of the worms' vital activity.
Prevention of worms in children and adults can be carried out by daily consumption of flaxseed or sunflower oil - a tablespoon per day is enough. This affordable remedy helps to improve bowel function, reduce the risk of constipation, which is often manifested in the case of taking the drug to prevent worms in children.
Preparations for worms for preschool children, with the help of which prevention is carried out:
After the course of prevention from worms in children has been completed, it is worth taking up restorative measures. To do this, they organize the use of drugs in the form of a course that includes vitamins and minerals that can help the body with recovery.
Side effects, intolerance and its signs
It should be noted that sometimes patients may develop intolerance to drugs or their components. This usually happens when the parents choose the medication for their treatment.
If the characteristics of the child's body do not allow taking the medicine, the symptoms of this may manifest as follows:
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- Headache, dizziness, blurred eyes;
- Convulsions, loss of strength;
- Temperature jumps;
- Allergic reactions.
Having noted the above symptoms in a child, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Traditional medicine recipes are often used to prevent infections. If it is necessary to conduct therapy for a child, they often try to use these particular drugs - it is believed that they are safer, less likely to cause allergies and undesirable effects. For the preparation of funds, herbs, vegetables and fruits are used.
Freshly squeezed carrot juice helps a lot in the prevention of helminth disease. It will be effective to use it in the morning, on an empty stomach. Reception is recommended for about a month. You can use carrot juice or puree for this purpose. If the child is over three years old, it is useful to add a few drops of garlic to carrot juices - this helps to improve immunity and protect the body from infections.
Pumpkin seeds also have an excellent protective effect against parasites. 100 g of product will be enough per day.
The prophylaxis course should last one month. But not every child can be persuaded to eat some pumpkin seeds.
To prevent helminthiasis, it is good to use a milk and garlic cocktail. Insist half a head of garlic in a glass of milk for 8 hours, then strain. Take on an empty stomach, twice a day. The amount per appointment is 75 ml. But you should know that such a drink is not suitable for everyone - consult with a specialist before you are going to use it.
Prevention of helminthiasis is recommended to be carried out several times annually. The method for this must be chosen under the guidance of a pediatrician.