Table of contents:
- How to treat toxocariasis with folk remedies
- The concept of toxocariasis and the causes of the appearance
- Types and symptoms of toxocariasis
- Treatment with folk methods
- Prevention of helminthiasis
Video: Toxocariasis - Treatment With Folk Remedies At Home
How to treat toxocariasis with folk remedies
- 1 The concept of toxocariasis and the causes of
- 2 Types and symptoms of toxocariasis
3 Treatment with alternative methods
- 3.1 Garlic from toxocar
- 3.2 Tansy
- 3.3 Pumpkin seeds
- 3.4 Elecampane
- 3.5 Ash
- 3.6 Bow
- 3.7 Wormwood
- 3.8 Pine cones
- 3.9 Walnuts
- 3.10 Oxalis
- 3.11 Herbal collection
- 3.12 Diet for toxocariasis
- 4 Prevention of helminthiasis
Toxocars are one of the varieties of parasitic worms that can inhabit the human body. Helminth larvae spread throughout the body, including vital organs and the brain, therefore the disease is considered life-threatening. To get rid of parasites completely, doctors prescribe powerful medications. However, if toxocariasis is diagnosed, treatment with folk remedies is considered as an effective addition to the drug course or as the main therapy at the initial stage of the disease.
The concept of toxocariasis and the causes of the appearance
Toxocariasis is an infection with toxocara roundworms that spread throughout the human body, causing complications. Adults of the parasite reach up to 20 cm in length and live for about 4 months. The infestation is typical for canids, but other animals can also become infected with helminths. People are no exception, toxocara larvae get to humans in the following ways:
- From an infected pet;
- Through soil and food in which parasite eggs are present.
Eggs enter the soil and other surfaces with the feces of dogs, maintaining their viability for a long time. The risk of infection in young children is especially high, since they often play in the sandbox, tinker in the ground, and stroke animals with the inherent spontaneity of babies. Naturally, before the procedure for elementary hand washing, the child may touch the face or mucous membranes. Dog owners and people whose professional activities are related to animals and land are also susceptible to infection. This category includes veterinarians, farmers, hobby gardeners, etc.
The development mechanism looks like this:
- Worm eggs enter the body after accidental ingestion;
- In the small intestine, Toxocar eggs pass into the larval stage (the small size of the larvae allows them to move to the liver and heart through the bloodstream);
- From the heart, helminth larvae are carried through the circulatory system throughout the body (parasites can remain in the vessel, developing further in it, or migrate to nearby organs).
The movement of worms leads to tissue destruction, blockage or rupture of blood vessels. Toxocars can be located in any organ, under the skin, in the brain, causing disruption of basic functions. Individuals that died inside their own capsules are reborn into cystic formations, pseudotumors, and become the cause of constant intoxication.
Types and symptoms of toxocariasis
The main danger of the disease is development without specific symptoms. If toxocariasis manifests itself, it usually looks like a symptom of the pathology of an organ: liver, heart, lungs, etc. Depending on the localization of the larvae, the following forms of invasion are distinguished:
- Ocular. In this case, toxocars penetrate into the eyeballs. Symptoms of the ocular form are inflammation of the choroid or cornea, vitreous suppuration, the presence of nodules, and decreased visual acuity. Prolonged presence of helminths in the eyes is fraught with loss of visual function.
- Visceral. Worms are introduced into internal organs, several systems can suffer at the same time. Symptoms differ in localization: pain and discomfort in the abdominal cavity, recurrent nausea and vomiting indicate gastrointestinal damage, and a prolonged cough indicates toxocars in the lung tissue. The invasion is often accompanied by loss of appetite, loss of strength and profuse salivation, possibly an increase in body temperature and allergies.
- Dermal. With the subcutaneous location of helminths, specific nodes and rashes are formed, the patient is worried about itching.
- Neuralgic. It is characterized by the localization of parasites in the brain. It manifests itself in the form of absent-mindedness, dizziness, sudden mood swings, hyperactivity, forgetfulness, seizures and other disorders of the brain.
Since the symptoms of invasion are similar to the signs of the pathology of the corresponding organs, toxocariasis is often mistaken for a completely different disease. In this case, the prescribed treatment does not normalize the condition. If you are faced with a problem when your health worsens and medications do not help, take a blood test for the presence of helminths.
Treatment with folk methods
Along with the conservative method of eliminating helminths, folk practice is successfully used. Home therapy based on herbal ingredients is not aggressive towards the body, but is effective only with prolonged use. Next, we will look at how to cure toxocariasis with folk remedies and describe in detail the recipes.
Garlic from toxocar
Cloves of garlic
To prepare the product, you will need an average head of garlic and a glass of milk with a volume of 200 ml. It is necessary to darken the garlic in milk for 5-10 minutes, cool, grind the vegetable into gruel. When the mixture reaches room temperature, strain the broth.
The liquid is used for enemas or for oral administration. Enemas are placed once a day for a week, after diluting the milk-garlic mixture with boiled water 3: 1. It is necessary to consume liquid inside twice a day in the volume of 1 tablespoon, it is important to drink the broth on an empty stomach.
If a person has a healthy stomach, you can try this method: every day you need to consume 1-2 heads of fresh garlic raw, washed down with a few sips of warm milk. After a burning breakfast for 2-3 hours, you cannot eat other food, after this time it is recommended to take a laxative.
Such an infusion is considered a strong remedy: 200 g of peeled garlic cloves should be poured with 500 ml of high-quality cognac. Insist for 10 days in a dark place, use only glass containers for the preparation of the drug. Drink 15 ml every day at night as an adjunct to the main therapy.
To prepare a decoction from the plant, pour boiling water over 1-2 tbsp. raw materials, you can wrap it up, insist for about an hour. The liquid is ready for reception after filtering. It is necessary to drink the broth up to 4 times a day in a tablespoon, such treatment is carried out in a course of 7 days, followed by a weekly break.
Enemas are also done with a decoction of tansy. For the procedure, either dilute the concentrated broth with boiled water 1: 1, or make a weaker remedy (1 tablespoon of inflorescences per glass of water). An enema is put on at night, a continuous course also lasts 1 week.
To combat helminths, peeled and crushed pumpkin seeds (300 g) are mixed with natural honey (70 g). The gruel should be eaten in one go, and after a couple of hours, drink a remedy with a laxative effect. Pumpkin seeds are considered effective not only in the treatment of toxocariasis, but also in the fight against any kind of helminths.
This remedy is also suitable for children, the difference is in the number of seeds: up to 9 years, the dosage is reduced by 2 times, adolescents under 15 years old will have to eat 250 g of the product.
For infusion from parasites, the roots of the plant are used. For one glass of boiling water, 1-1.5 tbsp is enough. chopped rhizomes. To get a full-fledged infusion, you should darken boiling water with raw materials in a water bath for 20 minutes, then pour into a thermos or wrap the container with a towel, leave for 12 hours. Ready filtered liquid is taken every 2 hours, 1 tablespoon, repeat the procedure every other day.
Ash leaves and flowers
The roots, branches and bark of the tree are used as raw materials. To prepare the drug, a full teaspoon of chopped wood is poured into a glass of boiling water. Leave the container over low heat for 10 minutes, then insist in wrapped form for 1 hour. The resulting liquid should be filtered and drunk in the morning on an empty stomach, the portion is designed for one meal. In the evening, you need to do the remedy again and take it before bedtime or half an hour before the last snack.
The recipe is simple: peel a large onion, chop it and fill it with boiling water, all you need is a glass of water. The onion remedy is infused overnight, in the morning it must be filtered. Drink 4 times a day, a tablespoon at a time, the course lasts a week. As with garlic, a second course is possible after a seven-day period.
The product is prepared daily, as longer storage reduces its effectiveness.
A miraculous gruel is prepared from the seeds of wormwood and honey. To get it, mix 500 g of honey and 5 tablespoons. ground or crushed seeds. The ingredients must be mixed, transferred to a glass container and stored in the refrigerator. Take twice a day: in the morning on an empty stomach and before bedtime, a single dosage - 1 tbsp. The tool has a significant advantage - it can be used by children in the absence of individual contraindications.
A tincture is also prepared on the basis of wormwood, for which you will need 1 tbsp. seeds per 100 g of medical alcohol. To obtain the medicine, it is necessary to insist the mixture in a glass container for 2 weeks away from light. The consumption rate is three times a day, 30 drops.
Infusion of pine cones
An antihelminthic agent requires green bumps. The recipe looks like this: pour 10 cones with water, put on fire, before boiling, reduce the gas to the minimum mark and boil for several hours. After removing from the stove, wrap the dishes with the broth and leave for a day, then strain the liquid. Take 2 tablespoons before each meal. broth.
The infusion based on green walnut peel takes a long time to prepare, so you will have to use other recipes while waiting for this remedy. The process of preparing the infusion looks like this:
- Green nuts must be cut and put in a glass container;
- Pour alcohol at the rate of 500 ml for 15-20 fruits;
- Insist away from heat and light for 30-40 days.
Reception is carried out strictly according to the scheme. First comes the preparation. For the first time, 1 drop of infusion is added to 100 ml of water, on the following days, an additional drop of the agent is added daily to the same volume. So, on day 7, you will have to pour 7 drops of alcohol tincture of nuts into 100 ml of water. From the 8th day onwards, the dosage will be 1 tsp. drugs in 30 ml of pure water. The course is only 30 days.
Pour 1 tbsp with a glass of boiling water. sour, you do not need to boil, just leave it to brew for 2 hours. Drink for seven days before meals 3-4 times a day, 30 ml (2 tablespoons) In addition to fighting parasites, oxalis has a beneficial effect on the functions of the liver and gallbladder, reducing the harmful effects of toxocar on the body.
For the extermination of worms, such a multi-component decoction is successfully used. For a liter of boiling water, take a tablespoon of buckthorn and oak bark, flowers and plants of chamomile, yarrow, St. John's wort, tansy and wormwood. Do not put on fire, just wrap the dishes with a towel and leave for 6 hours. The course is 10 days, during this period, take 100 ml of the drink before meals daily.
St. John's wort
Litere of water
A prefabricated recipe can be in this version: take cumin seeds, calendula and calamus roots in a volume of 15:30:15 grams and grind into powder. Take dry daily in the morning for 14 days before meals.
To cleanse the intestines and liver from toxocar larvae and the resulting granules, it is recommended to take vegetable oils. The most useful for helminthiasis are castor, flaxseed, olive, sunflower and pumpkin seed oil. The intake of olive oil can be combined with the use of lemon juice (15 and 150 ml of the product, respectively). The interval between doses is 10 minutes, after which place a warm heating pad in the liver area. The procedure will speed up the removal of parasites from the organ.
Pumpkin seed oil
Remember that only a competent doctor should draw up a complete course of treatment, depending on the degree of damage to the body by the larvae of worms.
Diet for toxocariasis
Age-old recipes have a common feature: the treatment of toxocariasis with folk remedies is based on plants with a bitter taste and a pungent odor. Antihelminthic therapy involves introducing restrictions on the daily diet. Nutritional advice during treatment looks like this:
- Include hot and bitter natural products and spices in the menu: ground and hot peppers, ginger, radish, cloves, coriander, garlic, etc. This will turn on natural protection against the worms that these tastes hate.
- Switch to vegetarian food, strive to eliminate meat products altogether. Digestion will be faster and parasites will not receive nourishment, making them easier to clear.
- Avoid sweet and rich baked goods.
- Eat vegetables, roots, herbs and fruits, as they contain natural vitamins that have bactericidal, wound healing and other properties. Do not forget about pre-treatment with boiling water.
Treatment of helminthic infestations involves drinking plenty of water - from 1.5 liters of clean water daily.
Prevention of helminthiasis
Since the main cause of toxocariasis is contact with an infected animal or accidental ingestion of parasite eggs with food, the following rules should be followed:
- Conduct regular prophylaxis of helminths in pets;
- Do not touch someone else's or yard animals, or immediately after contact wash your hands with soap;
- Work in the garden and vegetable garden with gloves or practice good hand hygiene;
- Make sure that children do not touch their face and mucous membranes with dirty hands;
- Wash and process foods with boiling water before further use;
- Boil drinking water.
Toxocariasis is a disease that is not transmitted from one person to another. Everyone has a risk of getting infected, so an annual blood test for the presence of antibodies to parasites will not be superfluous.
Compliance with hygiene standards and a timely response to changes in health will help avoid serious health problems.