Table of contents:
- The drug for getting rid of worms: Vormil
- Composition of the medicinal product
- Release form
- Suspension preparation
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Possible contraindications
- Instructions for use
- The cost of the drug
- Vormil's analogs
- Feedback on application
Video: VORMIL - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews And Analogues
The drug for getting rid of worms: Vormil
- 1 Composition of the medicinal product
- 2 Release form
- 3 Preparation of suspension
- 4 Pharmacological properties
- 5 Indications for use
- 6 Possible contraindications
7 Instructions for use
- 7.1 Nursed during pregnancy
- 7.2 Drug interactions
- 7.3 Side effects
- 8 Cost of the drug
- 9 Analogs of Vormil
- 10 Feedback on application
A popular and effective drug for helminthic invasion of various origins is Vormil. It has a complex effect, affecting parasites in organs and tissues, and is also used as a prophylactic agent. Features of taking Vormil, dosage and possible contraindications are discussed in the information provided.
Composition of the medicinal product
The main active ingredient that determines the effectiveness of the drug is albendazole. Excipients: corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, sodium methylparaben (E 219), sodium starch (type A), sodium propylparaben (E 217), talc, aspartame (E 951), sodium lauryl sulfate, dry essence mixed fruits.
This drug is manufactured by Mili Healthcare, a UK registered company. The drug itself is manufactured in India. The product is dispensed without a prescription, but requires prior agreement with a doctor to determine the dosage and duration of treatment. The shelf life of the drug is three years.
Vormil is intended for the treatment of adults and children, therefore, there are two types of this medication. In pediatric practice, the use of a suspension in a vial or a powder for preparing a suspension is recommended. For children over six years of age and adults, it is advisable to use tablets.
The concentration of albendazole tablets is 400 mg / tab. The dosage of the finished suspension is also 400 mg / 10 ml or 200 mg / 5 ml if a smaller portion is needed.
The use of the suspension is possible for the treatment and prevention of parasitic infection in children from one year old. To do this, dilute the contents of the sachet in 50 ml of boiled and chilled water. When using the product in a bottle, water is added to the middle of the desired mark, the bottle is shaken well until the drug is completely dissolved, then the water is added to the mark.
You can store the finished suspension in the refrigerator in a sealed container for no more than five days. You can not use the product after this period, so as not to provoke poisoning or possible side effects.
Albendazole and its derivatives are known for antiprotozoal and anthelmintic effects. The agent is effective against intestinal and tissue parasites of various types. In addition, Vormil is used not only for hatching adults, but also for the destruction of eggs and larvae.
The mechanism of action of this drug is the inhibition of tubulin polymerization, which leads to disturbances in the vital activity of parasites and their further death.
The active active ingredient destroys the following groups of parasites:
- Nematodes of the species Ascaris lumbricoides, Ancylostoma duodenale, Trichuris trichiura, Necator americanus, Enterobius vermicularis, Cutaneus Larva Migrans, Strongyloides stercoralis;
- Cestodes Hymenolepsis nana, Taenia saginata, Taenia solium;
- Trematodes of the class Opisthorchis viverrini and Clonorchis sinensis;
- Protozoa Giardia lamblia;
- Tissue parasites: cystic and alveolar echinococcosis (these diseases are caused by infections with Echinococcosus granulosus and Echinococcosus multilocularis, respectively);
- Vormil can be used to treat neurocysticercosis (the disease is provoked by the invasion of Taenia solium larvae);
- It is also used for the treatment of capillariasis caused by infections with parasites of the Capillaria philippinensis groups;
- Therapy of gnatostomosis caused by the activity of Gnathostoma spinigerum.
The half-life of the drug components averages 8.5 hours. The drug is poorly absorbed in the digestive tract, and the concentration in plasma increases sharply with the simultaneous intake of fatty foods. It is excreted mainly in the bile, in small quantities in the urine.
Indications for use
Treatment of parasitic diseases requires contacting a specialist and preliminary passing of special tests. Without an accurate determination of the level of threat, treatment may be ineffective, because different dosages and dosage regimens are used.
Main indications for admission:
In the treatment of cystic and alveolar echinococcosis, therapy with Worml is possible before or after surgery. Albendazole destroys or significantly reduces the size of cysts (up to 80%) in patients with diagnosed granular echinococcosis. After a course of treatment with albendazole, the volume of non-viable cysts increases to 90%.
Vormil also has some contraindications that must be considered before taking. The agent goes through the process of metabolism in the liver, and is also excreted only two to three weeks after ingestion, therefore it is not recommended to use it when planning a pregnancy.
Women should have a pregnancy test before starting treatment. In case of a positive result, Vormil cannot be used. In addition, individual sensitivity to the main active ingredient, albendazole, is often observed. You can not use the remedy for diseases of the retina, as well as phenylketonuria. This is a hereditary pathology associated with an insufficient degree of amino acid metabolism in the liver.
Instructions for use
The dosage of the drug must be determined individually, depending on the type and severity of the disease. The usual daily dose for an adult and a child over six years old is 1 tablet (400 mg) or 10 ml of suspension. The duration of treatment is determined by the type of disease.
Approximate treatment regimen:
- Ascariasis, noncatorosis, trichinosis, giardiasis, hookworm infection and enterobiasis are treated by taking Vormil for five days.
- To successfully get rid of strongyloidosis, teniasis and hymenolepiasis, the drug must be used for at least three days.
- For three days of taking Vormil in the recommended dosages (400 mg), you can get rid of subcutaneous migratory larvae.
- A more serious approach requires capillariasis, in which treatment occurs within 10 days of taking the drug.
- With gnatostomosis, Vormil is taken in several courses of 10 to 20 days. Between the admission, it is necessary to undergo examinations that will confirm or deny the need for further admission of Vormil.
- Cystic and alveolar echinococcosis is treated according to the following scheme. Patients weighing over 60 kg take 2 Vormila tablets (800 mg) per day for 28 days. After that, it is necessary to take a break of two weeks, then the course is repeated, but under the supervision of a doctor and control of the basic vital signs. Treatment can take several months or even years, and it is not always complete without surgery.
To effectively get rid of parasites, Vormil must be used in a repeated course after about 14 - 21 days.
In the prevention of helminthic invasions, the drug is used in a dosage of 400 mg (1 tablet) for three days. This corresponds to the volume of one package, and for children over six years old, the dosage is prescribed on an equal basis with adults. Young children use 5 ml of suspension (200 mg) once a day for three days.
Fed during pregnancy
The drug has a toxic effect on the fetus, which can lead to the development of serious pathologies. Cannot be used during pregnancy. To prevent early admission, a pregnancy test is required before treatment. The components of the drug easily penetrate into breast milk, therefore, if necessary, use should stop lactation.
The drug has its own characteristics that must be found out before taking. The tablets or suspension are taken immediately after meals, preferably at the same time. During the treatment period, you can use bifidobacteria to normalize the level of intestinal microflora. Fermented milk natural products are also suitable in this capacity.
Do not mix Vormil with alcohol (enhances the toxic effect on the liver), as well as Praziquantel, Dexamethasone and Cimetidine. They are also used in the treatment of parasitic infections, therefore they are able to greatly increase the action of each other.
Vormil has few contraindications and is usually very well tolerated by patients of various ages. However, negative reactions may occur to the components of the drug.
Side effects of the drug include:
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Stomatitis, dry mouth;
- Abdominal pain;
- Diarrhea or constipation;
- Headache and dizziness;
Drowsiness or insomnia;
- Disorientation and confusion;
- Decreased visual acuity;
If any negative reactions of the body occur, it is worth consulting with a doctor about the advisability of further using Vormil or replacing it with a similar drug. The risk of adverse reactions increases for elderly patients.
The cost of the drug
The product is sold in a pack of three 400 mg tablets. This is enough to carry out a preventive course for one adult. The cost of the drug is about 220 rubles. In the treatment and prevention of helminthiasis in children, Vormil is used in the form of a suspension. The product in a bottle will cost about 135 rubles (200 mg / 5 ml).
According to the active substance - albendazole, there are several similar drugs. They differ in dosage and form of release, have a different degree of effect on the body, therefore the decision to use Vormil analogues must be agreed with the doctor.
In addition, there are separate groups of antiparasitic agents, the action of which is based on the pharmacological properties of benzimidazole derivatives (mebendazole, for example).
Vormil is an effective antiparasitic agent used in the treatment and prevention of helminthic infestations. The active substance has a negative effect on parasites of different groups, paralyzing and destroying larvae, eggs and adults. For the most effective treatment, it is worth initially undergoing examinations to determine the type of parasites, and also weigh the pros and cons of the preventive use of the agent. The features of treatment with this drug, the recommended dosage and important nuances of admission are highlighted in the information of our article.