Table of contents:
- Ways of using tansy and recipes for decoctions from parasites
- Medicinal plants - an alternative or auxiliary means in the treatment of parasitic diseases?
- Useful properties of tansy
- What does tansy look like?
- How to prepare tansy
- What invasions are tansy effective against
- Precautions for Tansy Treatment
- How to brew worms tansy, recipes for oral administration
- How to brew worms tansy for enemas
- How to prepare and how to consume tansy seed powder
- Tansy for worms for children
Video: Tansy From Parasites - How To Take, Decoction Recipe And Reviews
Ways of using tansy and recipes for decoctions from parasites
- 1 Medicinal plants - an alternative or auxiliary means in the treatment of parasitic diseases?
- 2 Useful properties of tansy
- 3 What does tansy look like
- 4 How to prepare tansy
- 5 What invasions are tansy effective against
- 6 Precautions for Tansy Treatment
- 7 How to brew tansy from worms, recipes for oral administration
- 8 How to brew tansy from worms for enemas
- 9 How to prepare and how to consume tansy seed powder
- 10 Tansy from worms for children
There are many effective synthetic drugs for worms. In addition to the main pharmacological action, these drugs have a large list of contraindications, side effects and warnings. Medicinal plants have a gentle therapeutic effect, such herbs include tansy.
This perennial herb with beautiful flowers gathered in baskets has long been used by healers for worms. Modern medicine tansy is included in the list of medicinal raw materials used for the production of medicines. No one is immune from infection with worms, so everyone should know how to take tansy from parasites.
Medicinal plants - an alternative or auxiliary means in the treatment of parasitic diseases?
Infection with helminths is common throughout the world. In developed countries, about 25% of the population is infected with invasions, in low-developed countries - more than 90% of the population. Powerful targeted drugs help to rid the body of helminths. I act on worms, these drugs affect the functioning of the liver, kidneys, and other organs.
Due to their high toxicity, they cannot be taken by pregnant women; there are restrictions for children and people with various diseases.
Medicinal plants are milder and not as effective as pharmaceuticals. If the effect of drugs comes quickly, then infusions and decoctions of herbs must be taken for a long time.
If for some reason it is impossible to take antiparasitic synthetic drugs, they can be replaced with decoctions of medicinal plants with an anthelmintic effect. Medicinal plants can also be a good addition to the main therapy.
Useful properties of tansy
The main property of a perennial plant is a negative effect on parasites and insects
The chemical composition of the plant:
- Essential oils - 0.8%;
- Ascorbic acid (about 8 mg%);
- Carotenoids (about 3 mg%);
The substance tanacetin, terpenes such as camphor, terpene alcohol, thujone, as well as tannins and alkaloids have a choleretic, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory and astringent effect.
Decoctions of tansy are effective for hepatitis, gastrointestinal diseases, diseases of the cardiovascular system. When treating tansy, it is necessary to take into account: decoctions and infusions of tansy raise blood pressure. Compresses for gout have a good healing effect.
Tansy can be taken as a pain reliever for menstruation, rheumatic pain.
In the food and chemical industry, the pharmaceutical industry, tansy inflorescences are used for the production of insecticidal preparations, means for extermination with insects, for the manufacture of medicines.
The intense smell of the grass repels insects, if you need to get rid of cockroaches and moths, use the flowers of this fragrant plant. This raw material is used in cosmetology and is widely used in folk medicine.
What does tansy look like?
The most common type of tansy, which is used to treat intestinal worms - tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) Tansy and balsamic.
Compositae plant has a bright bitter-camphor smell, the stem height is from 50 cm to 2 m. One rhizome can give several stems. The lower leaves, alternate in shape, form a basal rosette, which dries up in summer. The upper leaves are short-petiolate, dark green above, grayish-green below.
Densely stuffed “pill” flowers look like small chrysanthemum inflorescences up to 8 mm in size, have an orange-yellow color. In one inflorescence, there are up to hundreds of small flowers. The inflorescence itself at the stem is "wrapped" in green leaves.
The grass blooms all summer, starting in June, the peak of flowering occurs in July. In the first year, the plant does not form flowers, in the second year, bright odorous inflorescences appear on the stem. In September-October, small-sized elongated achenes appear.
How to prepare tansy
For medicinal purposes, inflorescences without stalks are collected during the beginning of flowering. Leaves and rhizomes are rarely used. Only beautiful healthy flowers are harvested, damaged and overdried plants are not suitable for harvesting. Also, it is impossible to collect medicinal plants along highways, industrial zones, since in such places the plants absorb all toxic substances.
Tansy flowers are dried under a canopy in ventilated places (preferably in the air). If you have a herbal dryer, you can dry the flowers in the device, the main thing is that the drying temperature does not exceed 40 degrees.
Tansy flowers can be prepared by yourself or bought at the pharmacy. Tansy flowers are stored in a ventilated container, you can use a cardboard box, a paper bag or a canvas bag. The container must be stored in a dry place, the shelf life is up to 2 years.
What invasions are tansy effective against
Compared with pharmacological preparations, tansy for worms is not so effective, but it will help to remove some worms. It:
- Ascaris. The roundworm parasitizes in the lumen of the small intestine and is in constant motion. An adult female reaches a length of up to 40 cm, a male - up to 25 cm. Infection with roundworms occurs through dirty hands, unwashed food, the eggs of this parasite can be carried by flies. After being swallowed by a person, the larvae first enter the intestine, and then begin to migrate through all organs and, for reproduction by adults, they again enter the intestine. This cycle can take an entire year. The first clutch of eggs is carried out by the helminth after 75 - 100 days. Ascaris causes severe pain in the gastrointestinal tract, digestion is disturbed, appetite decreases, nausea, vomiting, and weakness are noted.
- Pinworms. Mostly children are infected with these helminths. Infection occurs through dirty hands, unwashed food, water. In the intestine, individuals live for about 3 - 4 weeks, then die. Ascaris females lay eggs in the perianal folds, at this time a person may be bothered by itching in the anus.
- Giardia. Flagellate cysts parasitize in humans, cats, dogs, mice, rats. Their habitat is the small intestine, less often the gallbladder. If lamblia gets into the gallbladder, the disease develops giardiasis. Helminth has a strong toxic effect on the body.
Opisthorchis. It is a type of flatworm that infects humans and carnivores. You can become infected with helminths by eating raw or poorly processed fish. Opisthorchias affect the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. When infected with a parasite, fever, hives, fever, diarrhea, and vomiting occur. The outflow of bile is disrupted, which can provoke the development of hepatitis.
The number of helminths that can settle in the human body is numerous. According to statistics, up to thirty different types of parasites can settle in the body. Some "behave" imperceptibly, asymptomatic, others cause serious illness.
It is very difficult to independently identify the type of helminth in oneself. It is necessary to follow the rules of hygiene, if you suspect it is necessary to undergo examinations for the presence of parasites. The effectiveness of treatment with tansy for helminths with different pathogens is different.
With pinworms, giardiasis, ascariasis, tansy can be taken separately, in the presence of opisthorchia, tansy is part of complex infusions and decoctions.
Precautions for Tansy Treatment
Infusions and medicinal decoctions for parasites, in which tansy is present, should be prepared strictly according to the recipe and taken in a strict dosage, especially for the treatment of children, people with weakened health. This plant is highly toxic.
You can not prepare decoctions from spoiled raw materials, overdried, rotten or darkened. You can also not drink infusions for a long time, as this can cause mental disorders and hallucinations.
The duration of treatment is 7 days, in some cases, the course can be increased to 14 - 21 days. For preventive purposes, tansy is taken in courses of 7 days, twice a year
In what cases it is impossible to use products containing tansy:
- Pregnancy, lactation period;
- Children under 3 years old;
- High blood pressure;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Increased acidity of the stomach;
- Diseases of the liver, kidneys;
- Allergic reactions.
The substance thujone in tansy in limited quantities cannot harm the human body. But with an overdose or prolonged use of infusions, it can cause disturbances in brain activity, including seizures.
Taking medications containing tansy can cause nausea, vomiting, and heart palpitations.
How to brew worms tansy, recipes for oral administration
To get rid of invasions, plant flowers and seeds are collected; recipes from leaves are rarely found. They are used to prepare water infusions, herbal decoctions for ingestion and for enemas.
An aqueous infusion of tansy is effective for removing pinworms and for ascariasis. You will need 2 tablespoons of dried flowers and a liter of water.
- Pour 20 grams of tansy inflorescences into the container;
- The flowers are poured with 1 liter of boiling water;
- The container is covered with a lid, the solution is infused for 1 hour;
Strain the infusion before use.
From roundworms and pinworms, they drink ½ cup infusion 3 times a day on an empty stomach.
From ascaris, the infusion can be made in other proportions. Take 1 tablespoon of tansy per glass of boiling water. It is also infused and filtered. The remedy is taken 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach before meals, about 15 - 20 minutes, three times a day.
Collection of medicinal plants is effective against helminths: tansy, buckthorn, pumpkin seeds.
- Recipe made from tansy flowers with the addition of buckthorn bark. Dried flowers of tansy and buckthorn bark are taken in equal proportions, 1 tablespoon each, pour the mixture with a glass of boiling water, cover with a lid and insist. Drink a tablespoon before meals. Course 3 - 5 days.
Recipe from tansy herb, buckthorn bark with the addition of pumpkin seeds. Mix all ingredients in equal proportions. 1 tablespoon of the dry mixture is poured with boiling water, "simmer" over low heat for 10 minutes, insisted until completely cooled and filtered. The broth is drunk in a spoon three times a day.
How to brew worms tansy for enemas
This recipe is effective for pinworms. Prepare in advance: ½ liter of milk, peel and chop 2 heads of garlic, 1 tbsp. spoon of tansy inflorescences. Cooking method:
- Put garlic in boiling milk and cook for 8 - 10 minutes;
- Add tansy;
Remove milk from heat, leave for 1 hour and strain through three layers of gauze.
The solution is cooled to body temperature and injected with an enema. It is advisable to hold the infusion as long as possible. The procedure is carried out after emptying once a day for 7 days.
Another recipe is an aqueous decoction of wormwood, chamomile, tansy with garlic. All herbs are taken 1 tablespoon and 1 clove of garlic. Grind the ingredients into powder, chop the garlic. Pour the mixture with boiling water, let it boil and turn off, cover with a towel and leave to infuse for 3 hours. The solution is intended for microclysters, the procedure is carried out at night.
How to prepare and how to consume tansy seed powder
In folk medicine, you can find recipes for preparing tansy powder. According to traditional healers, the use of dry powder is much more effective than infusions and decoctions. Adults are recommended to use a teaspoon at a time, children half a spoon.
According to the healer and herbalist Gennady Malakhov, powder from tansy seeds settles on the intestinal walls, creating unfavorable conditions for tapeworms. You can take the powder in two ways: drink it with water or eat it in a bread crumb. This recipe is effective for giardia and other parasites. The course of treatment is one month, tansy powder is taken twice a day on an empty stomach.
Antihelminthic enemas made from tansy seed powder are effective. Ingredients for preparation of the solution: 1 tablespoon of powdered tansy grains, 2 peeled garlic cloves, ½ liter of milk.
How to prepare an enema solution:
- Boil the milk;
- Add a spoonful of tansy powder and garlic to boiling milk;
- Simmer with the lid closed for 8 - 10 minutes;
Let cool, strain through three layers of cheesecloth.
Introduce the broth into the rectum, hold for the maximum time. Such a solution has a paralyzed effect on pinworms.
To make the treatment more effective, herbalists recommend making decoctions and infusions from different plants. Bitter plants are tapeworm antagonists. American physician Hilda Clark suggests using a triad, which includes walnut shells, dry cloves and wormwood.
Valery Ivanchenko, Doctor of Medical Sciences, offers the following version of the triad - tansy flowers, wormwood and carnation flowers.
Powdered ingredients are taken in proportions: tansy - 1 gram, wormwood - 30 milligrams, cloves 50 milligrams. The dry mixture can be put into capsules or covered with bread crumb. Such medicines should be taken without chewing, swallowed with water.
The treatment regimen is as follows:
- The first day - before breakfast on an empty stomach;
- The second day - before breakfast and before lunch;
- The third day is added to the evening powder intake.
In the future, the triad powder is taken three times a day for another 4 days, the total course of treatment is 1 week. For preventive purposes, such a fee is taken once a week.
Tansy for worms for children
We repeat that tansy contains toxic substances, for this reason, it is necessary to treat children with worms with this remedy extremely carefully. Most doctors do not recommend giving infusions and decoctions of tansy to children under 18.
In order for the treatment to be effective and not harm the health of the child, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the dosage both when preparing broths and when using them. Children are given tansy flowers from parasites only after boiling. Decoctions are prepared according to traditional recipes, only a single dosage is reduced.
How to prepare a decoction of tansy for children:
- 600 ml of boiling water is poured over 1 tablespoon of dry grass, simmer for 5 minutes over low heat;
The broth is infused for 5-6 hours, after which it is filtered through several layers of gauze.
The amount of broth is determined by the age of the child and is given only from the age of three:
- Up to 7 years old - 1 tablespoon;
- 7 to 10 years old - 40 to 50 milliliters;
- Up to 14 years old - 70 milliliters;
- Children over 14 - up to 100 milliliters.
Before giving this remedy to a child, it is necessary to consult a doctor, you should not treat a child for worms during a period of various diseases and in the presence of contraindications (kidney, liver disease, brain problems, the presence of cardiovascular diseases).