Table of contents:
Video: Nifuratel - Instructions For The Use Of Suppositories And Tablets
- 1 Composition and description
- 2 Instructions for use of the drug
- 3 Contraindications
- 4 Side effects
- 5 Analogs
In the treatment of some parasitic diseases caused by protozoa, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. These include Nifuratel. This drug is used to treat ailments caused by parasites such as giardiasis and amebiasis. In addition, the drug is used in the treatment of many non-parasitic diseases caused by pathogenic bacteria and fungi. On sale you can find Nifuratel candles and tablets.
Composition and description
This drug is a nitrofuran derivative. It belongs to the group of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. The main active ingredient of the medication has a detrimental effect on some pathogenic microorganisms that cause genitourinary and intestinal diseases.
The instruction to Nifuratel says that it is a drug of antifungal, antiprotozoal and antibacterial action. The spectrum of activity of the drug is quite wide. It affects many gram-positive and gram-negative microbes, protozoa, giardia, fungi of the genus Candida and Trichomonas. The medication is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases caused by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori, which are resistant to the effects of metronidazole.
After the drug enters the digestive system, it is almost completely absorbed by the body. The drug crosses the blood-brain and placental barrier. In addition, the active substance passes into breast milk. The metabolism of the drug is carried out in muscle tissue and liver. Excretion occurs through the kidneys. About 30-50 percent of the drug is excreted from the human body unchanged.
One tablet contains 200 mg of the active substance - nifuratel. Used as auxiliary ingredients:
Pinworm candles and rules for their use
- titanium dioxide;
- corn and rice starch;
- polyethylene glycol 6000;
- magnesium stearate;
- gum arabic;
- magnesium carbonate;
Instructions for using the drug
The sphere of use of Nifuratel is quite extensive. It is used to treat the following diseases:
- genital infections;
- fungal diseases;
- giardiasis, amebiasis;
- enterocolitis, gastroduodenitis, cholecystopancreatitis;
- urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, pyelitis and other pathologies of the urinary system;
- chronic pathological processes of the upper gastrointestinal tract, which are provoked by Helicobacter pylori.
Instructions for the use of Nifuratel tablets are as follows:
- In genitourinary pathologies caused by pathogenic microorganisms, the daily dosage for the adult population is 1200 mg. The dose for children is determined based on weight (60 mg / kg). The received daily dose must be divided into 2 doses. The duration of therapy is 14-21 days. After that, the tests are repeated, and if necessary, the treatment can be continued.
- Vulvovaginal infectious diseases are treated by taking the drug three times a day, 200 milligrams each. The duration of treatment is about a week.
- To combat intestinal amebiasis in adults, 400 milligrams of the drug are taken 2-3 times a day for eight to 10 days. For the treatment of amebiasis in children, the dose is calculated as follows: 10 mg / kg.
- In the treatment of giardiasis in adults, they adhere to the same dosage and treatment regimen as in the treatment of intestinal amebiasis. As for children, the dose is calculated taking into account that for each kg of weight you need to take 15 mg of the drug. The course of therapy lasts from five days to a week.
- Therapy of gastrointestinal pathologies provoked by Helicobacter pylori is carried out according to the same scheme and with the same dosage as the treatment of giardiasis.
This suppository drug is commonly used to fight vaginal infections. In each case, the doctor individually determines the duration of treatment. As a rule, the course of treatment should last at least a week. Suppositories are inserted into the vagina before going to bed. At the time of menstruation, treatment is stopped and continued after the end of menstruation.
There are such contraindications to taking this drug:
Candles for worms for children and adults
- hypersensitivity to certain components;
- the medicine is not prescribed for pregnant women;
- contraindication is the period of breastfeeding;
- exacerbation of some chronic pathologies is also a reason to abandon the appointment of Nifuratel;
- the medication is not prescribed during hard drinking and alcoholism.
It should be borne in mind that in the case of simultaneous administration of Nystatin and Nifuratel, the antimicrobial effect of the drug is enhanced. If Nifuratel is taken together with Tenonitrozole, then we can expect an increase in the antitrichomonous effect of both drugs.
Among the side effects from the use of Nifuratel are the following:
- a feeling of bitterness in the mouth;
- allergic reactions: itching of the skin, rashes.
Not all analogues are cheaper than the medication we describe. An alternative to this drug can be drugs based on nifuratel. To date, there is only one drug with a similar composition and effect. This is the McMiror drug. It is certified by the European Union and comes in the form of candles, tablets and cream.
If we talk about cheaper analogues of Nifuratel, then these are drugs with a similar effect, but with a slightly different composition, for example, Furazolidone. Despite the attractive price of this medication, its effectiveness is much lower than that of the medication we are describing.