Table of contents:
Video: Intetrix For Giardiasis: Composition And Description Of The Drug
- 1 Composition and description
- 2 Instructions for use of the drug
- 3 Contraindications
- 4 Side effects
- 5 Analogs
For the treatment of diseases such as amebiasis and giardiasis, special antiprotozoal agents are used. One of these medications is Intetrix. It is used to treat amoebiasis. However, due to the wide spectrum of antiprotozoal, antimycotic and antibacterial action, the scope of this drug is not limited to only amoebiases. Often, experts prescribe Intetrix for giardiasis. Our article will discuss the features of using this drug.
Composition and description
The dosage form of the described medication is capsules. One pill contains 50 milligrams of the active ingredient - tiliquinol, the same amount of tiliquinol-N-dodecyl sulfate and 200 mg of tilbroquinol. Corn starch and lactose are used as auxiliary ingredients. The capsule shell has the following composition:
- titanium dioxide;
These are gelatin hard capsules with a white body and a red lid. The capsule contains a microcrystalline grayish-yellow powder. In some capsules, it can be compacted.
Intetrix refers to antiprotozoal drugs. This amoebicidal agent has a detrimental effect on the luminal forms of Entamaeba histolytica and cysts. When taken orally, the drug is slightly absorbed by the mucous membrane, which provides a sufficient therapeutic concentration of the drug in the intestinal lumen. Also, the effectiveness of the effect of this drug on giardia has been proven, therefore it is sometimes used in the treatment of giardiasis.
The main purpose for the use of Intetrix is the treatment of intestinal amebiasis in the adult population. There are also the following indications for the use of the medicine:
Pinworm candles and rules for their use
- Intetrix can be used as an additional agent in therapy with drugs that are tissue amoebicides.
- Monotherapy for patients with asymptomatic carriage of amebiasis.
- Treatment of giardiasis in adults.
- The drug can be used in the complex therapy of intestinal dysbiosis.
- Prevention of various intestinal infectious diseases.
- Infectious diarrhea.
Instructions for using the drug
The capsules should be taken at the beginning of a meal. The pills can be taken with water, but not chewed. Adults are prescribed two capsules twice a day (usually morning and evening). The maximum daily allowance is four capsules. The duration of treatment cannot exceed ten days.
If too large a dose of the drug was taken, it is necessary to control the amount of prothrombin and the concentration of hepatic transaminases in the blood serum.
The main contraindication to the use of the medication we are describing is hypersensitivity. Also, the medicine is not prescribed in childhood. With extreme caution, you should use Intetrix for problems with liver activity.
There is no reliable clinical data on the use of this medicinal drug during pregnancy and at the stage of breastfeeding, therefore, at this time, the use of Intetrix should be abandoned. The drug is allowed to be used to treat women of reproductive age, but on condition that they use reliable methods of contraception.
Candles for worms for children and adults
There have not been any studies on the effect of a medication on a person's ability to drive cars and complex mechanisms. Also, there are no restrictions and recommendations on the use of a medication in a population group over 65 years of age.
Also, the list of contraindications includes the following:
- If, against the background of treatment with Intetrix, there is an increase in the amount of transaminases and the development of jaundice, then the use of the drug should be abandoned.
- Long-term treatment with Intetrix is not recommended due to the possible risk of peripheral or optic neuropathy.
- The simultaneous use of this medication with other drugs based on hydroxyquinolines is contraindicated.
- Not prescribed for allergy to dye E 122 (azorubin).
- Due to the lactose content, the use of Intetrix is contraindicated in lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance and glucose-galactose malabsorption.
When treating with this medication, such undesirable reactions may appear:
- Very rarely, an increase in the concentration of hepatic transaminases was observed in patients. Usually this phenomenon was not accompanied by any symptoms and ended without treatment after stopping the use of Intetrix.
- Sometimes patients developed cytological hepatitis during therapy.
- Allergic reactions: in some patients, Quincke's edema or urticaria, less often a rash of the bullous type.
- With prolonged treatment (more than ten days), peripheral neuropathy developed. Also, against the background of long-term therapy, damage to the optic nerve is possible.
Intetrix has no analogues in terms of active ingredients. As for structural analogs (drugs with the same principle of action), the following can be called:
It should be added that monotherapy with Intetrix is effective only in the treatment of asymptomatic amebiasis. In all other cases, to increase the effectiveness of therapy, a low-carbohydrate lactose-free diet, the use of choleretic drugs, probiotics, sorbents and prebiotics are indicated.
Popular by topic
Sarcoptic mange. What is the causative agent of the problem. How to determine the presence of an ailment. How to treat sarcoptic mange. What treatment options are offered. Prevention
The first thing worth noting: with the diagnosis "Vegeto-vascular dystonia" (despite the fact that in the International Classification of Diseases, disorders attributable to VSD are defined by the diagnosis "somatoform autonomic dysfunction of the nervous system" (code F45
Coronavirus. Disease distribution map. Human coronavirus symptoms. Means of protection, preventive measures. Medical masks and dez. solutions
Wormwood tincture. A recipe for a healing wormwood tincture. Antihelminthic properties of wormwood. Treatment of opisthorchiasis with wormwood. Treatment of ascariasis and enterobiasis with wormwood
Cleaning of blood vessels. Recipes for cleansing blood vessels. Methods for cleansing blood vessels. Cleaning of blood vessels. Causes of the disease. Contraindications for cleansing blood vessels