Table of contents:
Video: With Giardiasis, Diet For Adults And Children: Nutritional Therapy
1 Features of nutrition with giardiasis
- 1.1 What can you eat with giardiasis?
- 1.2 What can not be eaten with giardiasis?
- 2 Baby food
Giardiasis refers to parasitic diseases, the causative agent is unicellular lamblia, which affects the small intestine. Wellness nutrition is part of the therapy, which means limiting certain foods. With giardiasis, the diet helps to speed up the patient's recovery process, relieves the clinic of digestive problems - inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, loose stools, pain in the abdomen. Consider what you can eat with giardiasis, and what is strictly prohibited.
Features of nutrition with giardiasis
The therapy of giardiasis, along with the use of drugs, requires a change in diet in order to create an unfavorable environment for the further reproduction of parasites. The diet helps to reduce the inflammatory process in the gastrointestinal tract, regulates stool, corrects the intestinal microflora.
The principles of nutritional therapy:
- Exclude from the menu foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates, since their consumption creates a favorable environment for the activity and reproduction of helminths;
- Include in the menu food that provides an acidic environment - lamblia "do not like" acidic foods;
- Since lamblia irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa, mechanically damage it, food should be gentle, easy to digest;
- The menu is based on products enriched with vegetable fiber. As an example - any vegetables, fruits, but not sweet;
- Be sure to limit the use of fatty components. It is also recommended to eat up to 1 g of protein per kilogram of body weight every day;
- Limit, but it is better to exclude any food based on whole milk;
- The main methods of cooking are boiling, baking without oil. You can't fry. It is permissible to cook food in a double boiler, multicooker;
- Forced acidification of the digestive tract. Before each meal, drink 250 ml of sour juice or cranberry-based fruit drink;
- Compliance with the drinking regime. Drink up to 2000 ml of pure water a day. It is also advisable to drink compotes based on dried fruits, homemade fruit drinks without adding granulated sugar.
To get rid of parasites, you need fractional nutrition - three full meals + 2-3 snacks. All products that contain granulated sugar are removed from the menu - jam, jam, chocolates, confectionery, marmalade, etc.
The menu for giardiasis is constantly being adjusted, since it depends on the degree of disturbance of the digestive processes, absorption and other physiological characteristics of the body. If a patient is diagnosed with intestinal biocenosis - in every second patient with giardiasis, then the diet is enriched with fermented milk products of a low percentage of fat.
If the parasitic disease proceeds against the background of severe allergic manifestations, then hypoallergenic nutrition is required. Ideally, for patients with giardiasis, the diet should be prescribed by the attending doctor, taking into account the severity of the pathology and other aspects.
What can you eat with giardiasis?
Children's preparations for enterobiasis
The diet for giardiasis in adults practically does not differ from baby feeding. You can eat red meat, but only low-fat varieties. It is permissible to include poultry breast - turkey, chicken in the diet. The first courses are prepared only vegetarian - based on carrots, potatoes, with the addition of other vegetables and cereals. Season with herbs - parsley, dill, cilantro.
Bakery products can only be prepared without yeast. Almost everything is allowed, with the exception of rice and wheat porridge.
Food for giardiasis in adults and children allows the following products:
- Vegetables - onions, radishes, radishes, celery, tomatoes, garlic, sorrel, spinach, carrots, sauerkraut, broccoli, zucchini.
- From fruits, the consumption of pineapples, limes, sour apples is allowed. You can have tangerines, oranges, lemons.
- Berries - the menu includes lingonberries, blackberries, and bunches. On their basis, you can prepare homemade fruit drinks and fruit drinks.
- Nuts are only almonds.
- Spices - cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, thyme.
- From dairy products - curdled milk, kefir, yoghurts - low fat.
- Unsalted butter.
- Mineral water, green tea.
Dietary treatment for an adult is calculated for 4 months. The diet for lamblia in adults does not tolerate errors, since this postpones recovery for an indefinite period of time.
What can not be eaten with giardiasis?
So, what can you not eat with giardiasis? Any concentrated broths with the addition of meat and mushrooms are strictly prohibited. Do not eat fatty foods, smoked meats, pickled dishes, pickles. Forget about the cooking method like frying.
Exclude foods rich in easily digestible carbohydrates - granulated sugar, yeast baked goods, jam, rolls and cakes. You can not eat sweet fruits, dried fruits. Coffee, kvass, carbonated and energy drinks, alcohol are removed from drinks.
When treating giardiasis, the diet excludes foods:
What causes a person to have worms?
- Canned vegetables, pickles, pickled tomatoes are removed from the menu;
- You need to give up bananas, avocados, watermelon, melon, figs;
- Banned grapes and strawberries;
- Exclude dried fruits - dried apricots, apricots (apricot with pits), dates;
- Millet and rice porridge;
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, any sauces;
- High fat milk and cream;
- Fatty meat, dried fish.
If a hepatobiliary form of a parasitic disease is diagnosed with the development of inflammation in the gallbladder - cholecystitis, then a pancreatic table of five or its varieties is recommended.
The diet for giardiasis in children should not be difficult, since the list of permitted foods is quite large. In a child, giardiasis is often accompanied by severe allergic reactions in the form of urticaria, atopic form of dermatitis.
Therefore, the menu must be corrected taking into account the clinic - hypoallergenic conditions are added to the previously described requirements.
If the child is breastfed or artificially fed, then the amount of food must be reduced by 1/3 - milk or an adapted formula. Feeding should be dosed, carried out strictly according to the schedule. If the infection with parasites came from the mother, then the baby should be transferred to artificial nutrition. Then both mother and child are treated simultaneously.
The diet for the treatment of giardiasis in children lasts as long as the doctor recommended. A sample menu for one day looks like this:
- For breakfast - porridge based on corn flour with pineapple or orange slices.
- For the second breakfast - a cottage cheese casserole without sugar, fruit drink with cranberries.
- For lunch - a tomato salad with a small amount of vegetable oil, a vegetarian soup with buckwheat, low-fat steamed fish.
- As a snack - two baked apples.
- For dinner - boiled turkey breast, vegetable stew.
- Just before bedtime - 250 ml of low-fat kefir or homemade yogurt.
All permitted products help to create a balanced menu for children. The diet promotes the rapid cure of the parasitic disease, normalizes the functioning of the digestive system and gastrointestinal tract.
In medicine, there have been cases when patients managed to get rid of lamblia only with dietary nutrition, but this is rare. Doctors try to combine antiparasitic drugs and diet to achieve a 100% cure. During therapy, it is recommended not to forget about sanitary and hygienic measures.