Table of contents:
Video: Tinidazole - Instructions For The Use Of Tablets And What It Treats
- 1 Composition and description
- 2 Instructions for use
- 3 Contraindications
- 4 Side effects
- 5 Analogs
The drug Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal agent with antibacterial action. Acting on parasites, the drug inhibits synthesis and damages the DNA structure, which makes Tinidazole tablets especially effective in the treatment of Trichomonas, amebiasis and giardiasis. Today you can buy Tinidazole vaginal suppositories - an alternative solution in therapy for women.
Composition and description
The antiprotozoal drug Tinidazole comes in film-coated tablets. The composition includes the following components:
- tinidazole - the main component of 500 mg;
- corn starch;
- magnesium stearate.
The shell contains: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polysorbate 80, titanium dioxide. A blister with 4 tablets is packed in a cardboard box with instructions for use. Description of the medicine: tablets are biconvex oval shapes of a light shade, separated by a line.
The characteristic and principle of action of the drug: inhibition of parasitic forms of any degree of maturity. The bioavailability of the drug is almost 100%, the level of absorption is high. The main metabolic process takes place in the liver. It is excreted 50% with bile, 25% with kidneys (unchanged), 12% metabolites.
Instructions for use
Pinworm candles and rules for their use
How to take tinidazole? These are oral tablets that must be taken with water. The instructions for use describe what the standard dosage should be:
- adult patients 1.5-2 g once a day;
- children 50-75 mg / kg once a day.
The duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician and can be 1-10 days. The use of the drug for the prevention of anaerobic infections in patients under 12 years of age has not been established. Special instructions:
- if trichimonas and giardiasis are detected, both partners should be treated;
- Tinidazole suppositories for men are not prescribed, you should use the tablet form or replace the drug with an analogue;
- the drug may cause a change in the tone of urine.
If therapy is maintained for more than 6 days, it is necessary to observe the peripheral blood picture on a regular basis. Despite the fact that Tinidazole is mainly prescribed for giardiasis, Trichomonas, the medicine can be used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- amoebiasis, including hepatic type;
- acute form of ulcerative gingivitis;
- vaginitis of a non-specific type;
- cutaneous lichen maniasis;
- diseases of an infectious nature of various localizations: peritonitis, purulent lung tissue, sepsis.
In the presence of mixed types of diseases caused by parasites, tinidazole should be combined with a course of antibiotics.
Knowing what Tinidazole is treating for, it is necessary to remember about contraindications and caution in use. Absolute contraindications for taking the medicine:
Candles for worms for children and adults
- organic diseases of the central nervous system;
- blood diseases (impaired blood formation);
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- 1st trimester of pregnancy.
The use of pregnant women is allowed only in the 2-3 trimester if the health benefits of the mother exceed the indicators of the potential risk to the fetus. Breastfeeding for the period of drug treatment should be discontinued: the drug remains in breast milk for another 72 hours after administration.
The appearance of adverse reactions depends on the massiveness of the invasion and the course of the disease. In some cases, the following phenomena are noted:
- From the digestive system: dry mouth, metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, a sharp decrease in weight, problems with food digestion;
- From the side of the central nervous system: temporary headaches, dizziness, high fatigue, poor coordination, rarely - convulsions;
- Allergic skin reactions can develop: itching, rash, urticaria, peeling of the dermis, in especially severe cases - angioedema;
- From the circulatory system: changes in quality indicators, leukopenia.
With prolonged continuation of negative symptoms, an appeal to a doctor is required.
If the pharmacy does not have a prescribed medication, you can watch Tinidazole Acri, the instructions for use are the same, as are the indications, contraindications. Knowing what the pills are from and how to drink Tinidazole, with the consent of the doctor, you can replace the drug:
- Tiniba (also available as an ointment)
Regardless of the dosage of the drug, while taking the medicine, you should refrain from strong physical activity and alcoholic beverages. It is also good to avoid activities that require a high speed of psychomotor reactions.