Table of contents:
- Pinworm infestation routes
- Symptoms of enterobiasis
- Complications of pinworm damage
- Folk remedies against pinworms in children
- Folk remedies for pinworms in adults
- Prevention of pinworm infestation
Video: Folk Remedies For Pinworms For The Treatment Of Adults And Children
- 1 Ways of pinworm infection
- 2 Symptoms of enterobiasis
- 3 Complications of pinworms
- 4 Folk remedies against pinworms in children
- 5 Folk remedies for pinworms in adults
- 6 Prevention of pinworm infestation
When the human body is infected with pinworm eggs, a disease called enterobiasis develops. Most often, this ailment occurs in childhood, but infection of adults from children is possible. Enterobiasis must be treated, since there is a high likelihood of self-infection (reinvasion) and a chronic course of the disease, as a result of which this can lead to dangerous complications. Treatment can be carried out not only with the help of medications. Folk remedies for pinworms are no less effective and safer than toxic medicines.
Pinworm infestation routes
The main route of infection is fecal-oral. Since pinworms crawl out of the rectum and lay eggs near the anus, namely in the perianal folds, the patient, while combing this area with unwashed hands, transfers invasive eggs to:
- various household items;
- hygiene items;
With dust, eggs can settle on furniture, floors and be carried through the air to surrounding objects. Flies play a significant role in the spread of eggs. Water can also be infected.
As soon as the eggs of the parasite enter the human body, larvae emerge from them, which migrate and, on the 14th day, reach the state of sexually mature individuals, that is, they begin to reproduce. Self-infection occurs when combing the perianal folds. Then the eggs fall under the nails and with dirty hands during the meal again enter the body.
Troicatka Evolar herb: reviews of parasitologists about the medicine
Symptoms of enterobiasis
Treatment of pinworms with folk remedies is carried out in the presence of characteristic clinical symptoms of the disease:
- after going to bed or immediately after falling asleep, itching appears in the anal area (at this time, the sphincter relaxes, and pinworms crawl out to lay eggs);
- pain in the abdomen appears;
- dry mouth is felt;
- appetite worsens;
- flatulence is also present;
- the process of defecation is accompanied by pain;
- sometimes there is nausea;
- sleep suffers;
- pinworms and blood can be seen in the feces.
Complications of pinworm damage
If you do not fight pinworms, then the likelihood of such complications is high:
- a bacterial infection can join the scratching in the anal area, then proctitis and paraproctitis develop;
- problems in the work of the central nervous system.
Folk remedies against pinworms in children
If these parasites live in a child's body, folk remedies for pinworms for children will help to quickly get rid of them:
Drugs for the treatment of tapeworms in humans
- Treat pinworms with salt water enemas. To do this, dissolve 15 g of sea salt in 250 ml of water. After dissolving it, you can do an enema. The procedure is carried out four times a day for two days. The destroyed parasites are excreted in the faeces.
- Ordinary warm water will help with pinworms in children (babies). For the procedure, the baby needs to be seated in a basin with warm water. Since these parasites love warmth, and the sphincter in a basin of warm water relaxes, they crawl out unhindered. If after 20 minutes the child gets up, worms creep out at the bottom of the pelvis. After this, the child should be washed well with soap. The procedure is carried out daily for a week.
- Milk and carrots will get rid of pinworms. To do this, one large-sized root crop must be grated and filled with milk (1 liter). After that, the mixture is brought to a boil and covered with a lid for half an hour. After cooling, the medicine is given to drink on an empty stomach. Duration of treatment is 4 days.
- Often, treatment with folk remedies is carried out using garlic. To do this, peel one clove of garlic and cut a little on one side. It is gently inserted into the anus. The procedure is repeated daily for a week.
- The easiest and safest way to get rid of pinworms is to wash the anus with tar soap. However, the duration of treatment is the longest - 40 days. Washing should be done in the morning and evening. In this case, it is necessary to change underwear every day. To prevent self-infection, you need to make sure that the child does not scratch the anus. It is also important to cut your toddler's nails short and teach him to wash his hands.
Folk remedies for pinworms in adults
Treatment for pinworms in adults is carried out according to the following recipes of traditional medicine:
Pumpkin seeds have always been considered an effective remedy for any worms. It is useful to eat 100-300 g of seeds on an empty stomach, and after half an hour take any laxative or do a salt enema. The procedure is repeated after seven days
- You can get rid of worms using folk methods with the help of milk and garlic. To do this, chop two peeled garlic cloves well and fill them with warm milk (0.12 liters). We stir everything and drink on an empty stomach. This drink is repeated four more times during the day. At the end of the day, a laxative is taken in the evening. This treatment is repeated every other day. This will ensure that you get rid of all parasites.
- For the treatment of a parasitic ailment, it is useful to use pumpkin seeds with milk. To do this, cook in milk (250 ml) for 10 minutes. twenty pumpkin seeds. The prepared medicine is drunk in the morning on an empty stomach. Such treatment is carried out within 14 days.
- It is known that cabbage brine has a detrimental effect on pinworms. To do this, twice a day after meals, you need to drink a glass of brine, which is no more than a month old. The duration of treatment is five days. This remedy is suitable for children over seven years of age, but for them the dose of brine is 120 ml.
- Enterobiasis is successfully treated with folk remedies based on sea salt and lemons. To do this, you need to squeeze the juice from one citrus fruit and pour it into water (250 ml). Then 15 g of sea salt is added to this drink. The medicine is taken on an empty stomach for three days.
- Onions are no less effective against pinworms. To prepare the product, 100 grams of onion gruel are mixed with 10 g of sea salt and olive oil (50 ml). The mixture is drunk before bedtime with a glass of water. This treatment continues for five days. It is also advisable to do cleansing enemas if constipation is observed.
- Pinworms can be fought with regular good vodka. To do this, in the morning before meals, drink vodka (0.1 l) and wash it down with scans of strong and sweet tea. Castor oil is taken after 1/3 hour. As a result, after an hour, all pinworms leave the body with feces. Such treatment should be done on the weekend, since the laxative effect of castor oil is quite long.
- Salt and cloves have a detrimental effect on pinworms. To prepare the medicine, a pinch of clove powder and 15 g of table salt are dissolved in warm water (0.25 l). The remedy is drunk on an empty stomach, and after 15 minutes you can eat. Treatment is carried out daily for three days.
Prevention of pinworm infestation
If we get rid of worms, we should not forget about prevention in order to avoid re-infection. It is important to adhere to these simple rules:
- wash their hands before eating (the same applies to the cooking process);
- underwear is changed every day, and the used one is washed and ironed with a hot iron;
- before eating any greens and fruits are well washed;
- you need to drink boiled water;
- children's fingernails should always be cut short;
- make sure that a small child does not pull toys into his mouth;
- teach your child to be hygienic.
If one of the family members is infected with pinworms, it is possible that the eggs will enter the organisms of other household members. That is why when treating one person, other family members are recommended to undergo a preventive course of therapy. For prevention, you can use recipes based on natural ingredients.