Table of contents:
- Infection routes
- Giardiasis symptoms
- Treatment of giardiasis in children
- Drug treatment
- Folk remedies
Video: Giardiasis In Children And Its Signs: Symptoms And Treatment
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
- 1 Ways of infection
- 2 Symptoms of giardiasis
- 3 Treatment of giardiasis in children
- 4 Drug treatment
- 5 Folk remedies
Giardiasis in children is a parasitic invasion caused by unicellular protozoa microorganisms. Pathology is accompanied by dyspeptic, painful, astheno-neurotic, intoxication and allergic syndromes. Treatment for giardiasis in children has its own characteristics, diagnostic measures include studies of feces, duodenal contents, blood ELISA. To completely remove lamblia in children, you need to undergo preparatory, anti-lambliasis and restorative therapy, as well as change the nutrition menu.
In the human body, parasites can exist in the form:
- vegetative formations, localized in the upper parts of the small intestine and the beginning of the jejunum;
- spore (cysts), settling in the large intestine, coming out along with feces.
The vegetative form of parasites in the external environment dies quickly enough, lamblia cysts remain viable for up to 2 months in a dry and 3-4 months in a humid environment. The carriers of parasites are cats, dogs, rodents, but the pathogenicity of microorganisms for humans has not been scientifically proven, therefore the main route of infection is a person with giardiasis.
Thus, giardia in a child can appear in several ways:
- fecal-oral: licking dirty fingers;
- household - the use of toys, household items on which there are colonies of parasites;
- in newborns during childbirth with eruption of the head.
If there is a human carrier in the house, then the infection of children is a matter of time, the percentage of probability is 100%. Giardiasis in infants can appear in the process of sucking on the breast of a mother infected with parasites. In the process of taking milk, symptoms of pathology begin to appear, which will lead to disorders in the gastrointestinal tract. The incubation period of the disease is up to 14 days.
Signs of giardiasis in children begin to appear 10-15 days after infection with cysts. Giardiasis symptoms:
Children's preparations for enterobiasis
- The abdominal syndrome, expressed by abdominal pain in the form of attacks, has nothing to do with food intake.
- Dyspeptic syndrome is characterized by a decrease in appetite, manifested by belching, nausea, heartburn, bitterness in the mouth.
- Hypotrophy, weight loss, alternating constipation and loose stools.
- Allergic syndrome is a skin rash with giardiasis in the form of a small-point pink rash, itching.
- Astheno-neurotic syndrome is a consequence of the toxic release of the waste products of parasites, which have a depressing effect on the central nervous system. The syndrome of increased fatigue, emotional lability, headaches, dizziness, tics is manifested.
- Intoxication is characterized by symptoms of enlargement of tonsils, adenoids, body temperature can rise to 38C.
Symptoms of pathology in infants under 1 year old:
- A slight increase in body temperature, indicating a hidden course of inflammatory processes;
- Stool instability: diarrhea, constipation;
- Spasmodic creaking of the gums during sleep;
- Increased moodiness of the baby, constant crying;
- Insufficient weight gain with a normal diet;
- Disorders of appetite: the need for food can both decrease and increase;
- Sleep disturbance: restlessness, intermittency;
- A reddish punctate rash appears with giardiasis;
- Signs of intoxication: nausea, vomiting, belching.
Diagnostic measures are complicated by the implicit and unexpressed signs. Often, children without specific symptoms undergo long-term and ineffective therapy with an allergist, dermatologist. The destruction of the gastrointestinal tract, the presence of manifestations of a neurotic, vegetative nature, eosinophilia according to hemogram data helps to determine the presence of parasites. Taking analyzes and determining the presence of cysts and their metabolic products in the blood, feces is the most informative way to obtain an accurate diagnosis.
Treatment of giardiasis in children
Are lamblia dangerous and should they be treated? Parasitic microorganisms are dangerous in any form: spore and vegetative. Poisoning the body with toxins, lamblia in infants and older patients, cause severe toxic damage to internal organs. In addition, by attaching to the walls of the intestinal mucosa, microorganisms violate the integrity of the lining.
Treatment for giardiasis in children is aimed at the complete eradication of parasites and the elimination of clinical manifestations. The diagnosis requires therapy for all family members and pets. Therapeutic measures are carried out in three stages:
- Preparation: cleansing the body, diet therapy, elimination of cholestasis;
- Taking medications to remove parasites from the body;
- Rehabilitation therapy.
Endogenous intoxication is cured by intake of enterosorbents, enzymes based on pancreatin. Blind tyubage according to Demyanov, which helps in cleansing the biliary tract, has proven itself well. With signs of dysbiosis, an appropriate correction of the intestinal microbial flora is indicated.
Carrying out etiotropic therapy requires the use of anti-lambliasis drugs. Treatment for giardiasis in children is carried out with groups of nitromylazoles and nitrofuran derivatives. The choice of medicines, treatment regimen, duration of therapy is determined only by the attending doctor, self-medication in the presence of pathology is strictly prohibited!
What causes a person to have worms?
- Metronidazole. The drug inhibits the DNA of microorganisms, is available in tablet form. The taste is unpleasant, bitter, children should not chew tablets. The agent is completely absorbed by the tissues of the small intestine and excreted within 10 hours.
- Tinidazole. Causes the death of parasites, requires adherence to the accuracy of the dosage. Side effects are possible in the form of a rash, stool instability.
- McMiror. It has a powerful antibacterial, protozoal effect. Possessing low toxicity, the agent is not absorbed into the bloodstream of the life support system and is completely excreted in the urine. Today McMiror is considered the most effective and safe drug for treating parasite infestations in children.
How to treat giardiasis in children with medication, dietary requirements, drinking regimen, therapy regimen and its cyclicity are determined by the doctor. It is necessary to carefully follow the recommendations, change the diet and undergo the necessary post-treatment examinations.
Is it possible to treat parasitic pathology in children with folk remedies? Perhaps, but only after a preliminary consultation with a doctor. The specialist determines the dynamics of the course of the disease, the development and danger of pathology. As a rule, folk methods help in preparation for the drug stage, during the rehabilitation period and in the prevention of giardiasis. Decoctions and infusions of herbs and roots at the initial stages of infection are very helpful.
How to get rid of lamblia at home:
- The grated pulp of fresh coconut is taken one hour before meals. The acidic environment destroys microorganisms. The duration of therapy is 7 days, cyclicity with a break of 14 days.
- Cucumber water is prepared from 0.5 kg of overripe cucumbers infused in 1 liter. boiling water. Drink during the day instead of water. The course of treatment is 14 days. Repeat after 7 days.
- How to cure lamblia in a child in a chronic form? Garlic milk is considered a good remedy. In 1 st. Squeeze 2 large cloves of garlic with a press of boiled milk. Can be used by children from 6 years of age 4 times a day up to 0.4 cups an hour before meals. The course continues until complete recovery.
- Tubage with peeled oats is carried out to eliminate giardiasis and cleanse the bile ducts. 100 g brew oats 1 liter. boiling water, stand overnight in a thermos and in the morning give the child a drink on an empty stomach. Volume up to 0.5 liters. Lay the baby on his left side on a warm heating pad and let him lie down for at least 15 minutes. After 2-3 hours, loose stools will appear, which should not be stopped with medication. The course of treatment is 14 days.
The most delicious home treatments are sour berries and fruits. The acid negatively affects microorganisms, preventing them from developing. Snacks can be arranged at any time of the day. You should refuse baking, sweet dishes, an abundance of sugar, milk, however, fermented milk products, cereals with complex carbohydrates in water are allowed.
What is Giardia? These are microorganisms that infect the intestines, spread to the liver, but die in the gallbladder. Non-treatment leads to toxic damage to the body, which negatively affects the functionality of internal organs. However, even knowing how to remove lamblia, it is not recommended to start self-medication without first consulting a specialist - the risk of a violation of the treatment regimen is too great.
Is it possible to attend kindergarten while treatment is underway? It is better to avoid contact with healthy peers, however, doctors do not prohibit going to kindergarten, not classifying giardiasis as contact diseases. If the baby is accustomed to maintaining personal hygiene, washes his hands and does not pull dirty fingers into his mouth, the risk of infection is minimal.
Nematodes are understood as a group of diseases provoked by various types of helminths. These include nematodes - these are roundworms
Symptoms of the dwarf tapeworm, the structure of the parasite, the ways and mechanism of infection. Tapeworm life cycle and its development, impact on the human body
How to recognize the presence of metagonimosis in a person. Ways of infection, symptoms and methods of diagnosing the disease. Treatment with medicines and folk remedies
Learn about non-korosis - what it is, and how to get rid of this infection. Learn about the symptoms of the disease and its diagnosis, as well as a comprehensive approach to treatment
Solitaire in humans is a rather rare, but no less dangerous phenomenon. If a parasite is found in the body, urgent measures should be taken to eliminate it