Table of contents:
- Types of worms in children
- Folk remedies for worms
- Effective antihelminthic drugs
- Prevention of helminthiasis in children
Video: A Child Has Worms - What To Do And How To Get Rid Of: Treatment
1 Types of worms in children
- 1.1 Nematodes
- 1.2 Enterobiasis
- 1.3 Ascariasis
- 1.4 Cestodosis
- 1.5 Trematodes
- 2 Folk remedies for worms
- 3 Effective antihelminthic drugs
- 4 Prevention of helminthiasis in children
Parasitic diseases in childhood are not uncommon. Infection is often associated with non-observance of hygiene rules, peculiarities of games and being in a children's team. Treatment of helminthiasis depends on the type of pathogen that caused the disease. It is often possible to diagnose and classify an ailment based on clinical symptoms. Our article will describe drug treatments and folk remedies for worms in children.
Types of worms in children
To understand what worms look like in children, you need to understand the types of helminthiasis. Depending on the type of parasite, different organs can be affected: intestines, liver, pancreas, gallbladder. If the larvae of the helminth with the bloodstream penetrate into other organs, but they can settle in the lungs, heart, brain, eyes, etc.
The doctor should decide how to cure the child of worms based on the type of helminth. A person is affected by parasites from the following groups:
Most often, the following parasites are found in the feces of a child, belonging to the order of nematodes:
Infection occurs when the eggs of the worms enter the digestive tract. The high frequency of infestations in children is due to the fact that their digestive system is not yet fully developed, therefore, digestive enzymes and juices are not able to neutralize parasites.
Children's preparations for enterobiasis
This disease is caused by pinworms. If the child begins to complain of severe itching in the anus, which intensifies in the evenings and at night, then pinworms should be poisoned. With this ailment, it is important to exclude reinfection (that is, re-infection), and it can go away on its own in a month.
The main problem lies in the fact that the eggs of this parasite can settle on furniture, toys, linens, towels and household items, so others can easily become infected with them. And then you will need not only treatment for worms in children, but also therapy for adult family members.
Ascaris can settle not only in the intestines, but also in the lungs, heart and liver. Signs of the disease can be:
- temperature increase;
- sputum with pus and blood;
- body aches and general weakness;
- allergic rash;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, nausea.
To get rid of a child from cestodosis, you need to know the type of parasite worm. They can be:
- pork tapeworm;
- bovine tapeworm;
- wide tape;
- dog tapeworm;
This group of parasites includes schistosome, Siberian fluke, hepatic fluke, and paragonim. These parasites can infect any organ, as their eggs are carried through the bloodstream throughout the body.
These worms are also called flukes, since they are attached to the host's body by means of suckers. Infection occurs through water, meat or fish that have not undergone sufficient heat treatment.
Folk remedies for worms
What causes a person to have worms?
If a child has worms, what to do is the first question that arises from his parents. When the invasion has occurred quite recently and when a small number of parasites are affected, you can try to treat worms in a child using folk methods.
How to get rid of worms for children, folk medicine will tell you. So, for the therapy of babies, you can use the following recipes:
- With pinworms, a clove of peeled garlic can be injected into the anus at night. It does not need to be cut, so as not to burn the mucous membrane. It is enough just to make a cut on one side with a knife. In the morning, the garlic will come out by itself during a bowel movement.
- You can make a garlic decoction for enemas. For this, a couple of chopped garlic cloves are brewed in a glass of boiling water. The therapeutic enema is done warm before bedtime and only after the cleansing enema has been performed. Usually 3-5 days of treatment are enough to eliminate parasites.
- It is useful for babies to drink carrot juice on an empty stomach. You can add honey to improve the taste. Usually, children are given 30 g of juice twice a day. It is also useful to eat grated carrots with the addition of a clove of minced garlic.
- In a glass of milk, you can boil 45 g of grated carrots. This remedy is given to children 15 g three times a day. Treatment continues for a week.
- Hemp oil is used for worms for children. It is taken in 5 ml with a slice of bread twice a day for a week.
Answering the question of what to do if worms appear, it is worth mentioning recipes based on medicinal herbs with antiparasitic action:
- You can prepare an infusion of bitter wormwood - 15 g of herbs per glass of boiling water. Then, 5 ml of the product is dissolved in a small amount of milk and the child is allowed to drink twice a day. The dose can be adjusted according to age. The duration of treatment is 10 days.
- To get rid of small parasites, mix celandine and elecampane in equal parts, steam the mixture (15 g) in a glass of boiling water for half an hour. For taste, add honey or sugar and give the child 15 ml to drink three times a day for five days.
- Want to know how to get rid of worms quickly? It is necessary to boil alum, mint and peach leaves in vinegar. For 15 g of vinegar, take water (0.2 l) and 15 grams of a mixture of herbs. Take 5 ml three times a day for a couple of days.
Effective antihelminthic drugs
How to remove worms from a child with the help of medications, the doctor should say. He will choose the right drug depending on the type of helminthiasis. In addition, the pediatrician may recommend a diet and restorative treatment. In general, the complex therapy of helminthiasis in children consists of the following stages:
Preparing the body. Usually, before starting treatment for 2-3 days, the child should adhere to a diet with the exception of meat, fish, all fatty, spicy, spicy, sweet and slagging organism. Shown to eat vegetables, fruits, vegetarian soups, cereals, drink chamomile decoction, compotes. Also, the doctor may prescribe:
- sorbents (Smecta, Entegnin);
- antihistamines (Diazolin or Suprastin).
Now you can start deworming with one of the following drugs:
- Pirantel is effective against adults but does not affect larvae;
- Mebendazole, Levamisole and Albendazole. They are available in tablets and suspensions. Usually, two courses of treatment are carried out to eliminate larvae and sexually mature individuals;
- Helmintox can also be prescribed to treat children. This is a French highly effective remedy;
- Piperazine in the form of a suspension is suitable for the treatment of the smallest, the drug does not have a toxic effect on the body;
- Niggelasativa, HelmaVitol are special anthelmintic suppositories with extracts of medicinal plants, they have a mild effect and do not irritate the intestines;
- Various homeopathic remedies can also be used - Viola Odorata, Sulfur, Sabadilla, Calcarea, etc.
Cleansing the body from dead helminths and products of their metabolism. Sometimes after taking medications for this purpose, patients are prescribed enemas or laxatives. Choleretic drugs and sorbents may also be prescribed
Prevention of helminthiasis in children
So that you do not have to think about how to get rid of worms in children, adhere to the following preventive measures:
- Hygiene is the most important thing;
- The child's nails need to be cut short enough;
- Wash toys periodically with soap and disinfect the room;
- Wash fruits and herbs thoroughly before eating;
- It is advisable to iron the linen after washing;
- Install mosquito nets on the windows, as flies carry pinworm eggs;
- Meat and fish should be boiled or fried well;
- You can not drink water that has not been disinfected or boiled;
- If you have pets, periodically deworm them.
Many drugs that are used to treat parasitic diseases can be given to your child to prevent this disease. It is important to take into account the age dosage and contraindications, so in any case, consult your doctor.