Table of contents:
- Identifying worms in the vagina
- What harm do parasites do in the external genital organs?
- Symptoms of worms entering the genital tract
- Treatment of the genitals from helminthic invasion
Video: Worms In The Vagina: Worms And Parasites In A Child
- 1 Identification of worms in the vagina
- 2 What harm do parasites do in the external genital organs?
- 3 Symptoms of worms entering the genital tract
- 4 Treatment of genitals from helminthic invasion
Helminthic invasion affects not only the intestines, but also moves to various internal organs of a person. Can there be worms in the vagina? They can. Moreover, regardless of the thoroughness of personal hygiene. Some types of parasites are transmitted through insect bites and get inside a person when swimming in open water. The result is worms in the vagina. What is the threat of invasion, how to identify and recover from helminthiasis - we will consider the questions in more detail.
Identifying worms in the vagina
Once in the body, the worms may not disturb the host for a long time. The invasion spreads through the bloodstream through the organs, poisons tissues with the products of its vital activity and disrupts metabolic processes.
Signs of worms in the vagina resemble poisoning:
- loss of appetite;
- weight loss;
- sharp and rapid fatigue;
- digestive problems;
- sleep disorders.
Doctors are often faced with the identification of helminths in a child (girls). Worms in the vagina crawl out of the anus during sleep. Being small white worms up to 1.5 cm in length, helminths move freely and cause a lot of inconvenience to kids and adults. The question: can parasites live in the vagina, interests many parents. Yes, they can, but not all the time. Therefore, it is so important at the first symptoms to consult a specialist for diagnostics and elimination of the invasion.
Diagnostic measures are as follows:
- Applying duct tape to the girl's crotch and sending the tape to the laboratory for microscopic analysis. If a child has small bloody marks, the probability of an invasion is 99%. In this case, inflammation of the genitals is observed.
- A positive test result requires anthelmintic therapy. Treatment is prescribed twice. The goal is to prevent relapses and help restore the child's immunity.
- Helminths in adults are determined during a gynecological examination. If necessary, microscopy of a tape with fragments of secretions is also prescribed.
Vaginal worms, settling in the vagina, cause a strong infectious process that is difficult to cure. The mobility of worms is the risk of re-infection, therefore, therapy should be carried out until the worms are completely eliminated from the host's body.
Children's preparations for enterobiasis
What harm do parasites do in the external genital organs?
Regardless of the type of helminths, they cannot live in female organs for a long time. The fact is that parasites (including pinworms, roundworms, and other roundworms) do not tolerate the acidic environment of the vagina. In addition, they do not receive the necessary nutrition here, which leads to natural extinction or the transfer of parasites into the intestines. But even a short-term stay of worms in the vaginal area leads to toxic damage to the internal environment and infectious inflammation of the genital organs. The transfer of the anal-intestinal environment to the vaginal microflora causes rapid growth of microbes. In addition, parasites pull a blood clot, feces, and this is a "hotbed" of infection.
Infection causes vaginal dysbiosis, the nature of which is difficult to identify and cure. In addition, parasitic movements lead to the following negative consequences:
- Bacterial vaginosis. The reason is the constant mixing of intestinal and vaginal microflora. Symptoms: weak burning, itching, unpleasant nitrogenous odor of discharge (like a rotten fish), pain.
- Parasites can even end up in the uterus, crawl into the fallopian tubes and end up in the abdominal cavity. Along the entire path of movement, worms leave toxic waste products, provoking a violation of the stable processes of the body.
Pelvic inflammation, pelvioperitonitis, scarring and narrowing of tissues, infection of the fallopian tubes are the consequences of vaginal helminthiasis, leading to infertility.
Symptoms of worms entering the genital tract
Due to the implicit signs of invasion, it is difficult to suspect helminthiasis. Even with an exacerbation and development of the disease, there are no characteristic signs - the latent course of the disease leads to the detection of worms at a later date, when the negative consequences of the activity of worms develop.
Signs of vaginal helminthiasis:
The structure of human lice: types and symptoms of infection
- Obvious sensation of a foreign body in the vagina. Itching of varying degrees of intensity, menstrual irregularities for no apparent reason. There may be bleeding after the end of the cycle, and the lower abdomen may hurt.
- Morning vaginal examinations will help detect worms crawling out of the anus during sleep.
- General lethargy, a state of constant fatigue, loss of appetite - all these are implicit signs of helminthiasis.
- The penetration of worms through the tubes of the uterus into the abdominal cavity causes sudden changes in temperature, severe pain. Symptoms of an "acute abdomen" are found, an ambulance should be called immediately - the patient needs surgery.
- Parasitic invasion of the vagina is often accompanied by thrush. Helminths lay eggs in a moist environment, causing exacerbation of chronic and systemic pathologies.
Often, helminthiasis is hidden under other diseases, the symptoms of which are similar to body poisoning. If incomprehensible rashes appear on the skin, the face swells, lymph nodes, joints and muscles swell and hurt for no apparent reason - it's time to see a doctor to be examined, the patient may have vaginal worms.
Treatment of the genitals from helminthic invasion
Experiencing problems with the external genitals, each patient tries to get rid of irritating factors as soon as possible. Features of healing from vaginal worms in the short-term stay of parasites in the vaginal environment. Sometimes worms crawl into the genital tract due to a violation of the intestinal environment. This occurs due to the consumption of coarse, salty foods - increased peristalsis, which the parasites cannot cope with, forces them to leave the intestinal area. Also, the worms in the vagina move due to the strong physical exertion of the wearer.
Before starting treatment, tests are taken. Blood serology for parasites, calposcopy - examinations help to identify the type of invasion, development dynamics and prescribe effective treatment. If the parasites were in the vagina once, then you will have to donate feces and do a scraping for enterobiasis. The studies are the same for adults and children. If the results are positive, the following procedure is performed:
- Treatment of the genital tract with special means;
- Introduction of a tampon with petroleum jelly into the anal passage to block the path of helminths.
This simple method helps to quickly get rid of vaginal worms. However, in the case of ascaris, schistosomiasis, large worms, an infectious disease specialist or helminthologist prescribes a therapy regimen for the complete destruction of parasites in the host's body.
Depending on the symptoms, treatment is carried out once or repeatedly. For the period of therapy, it is recommended to put a vaseline swab during sleep, and also carefully monitor the hygiene of the genitals. It is extremely important to wash properly: only from front to back to prevent infection from the anal passage into the vagina.