Table of contents:
- Composition and description
- Instructions for using the drug
- Contraindications and side effects
- 1 Composition and description
- 2 Instructions for use of the drug
- 3 Contraindications and side effects
- 4 Analogs
For constipation and problems with defecation, drugs are prescribed that enhance and accelerate the motility of the gastrointestinal tract, which contributes to the natural emptying of the intestines. This is very important in the treatment of helminthic invasions. All means of such a plan are of synthetic and plant origin. The good drugs of the first group include Bisacodyl. How long does Bisacodyl last? The effect of the application is due to the dosage form of the drug - tablets / dragees or suppositories, the latter option acts much faster.
Composition and description
The medicinal product is of domestic and foreign production. Can be purchased in tablet form, in the form of pills or candles. The dosage of the active substance is 5-5-10 mg, respectively.
The main ingredient is the synthetic compound bisacodyl, by the name of which the drug was named. The pharmacy sells medicine with various commercial names, for example, Bisacodyl Hemofarm suppositories, Bisacodyl Acri tablets, Bisacodyl FPO, etc. In fact, these are similar medicines that have different manufacturers.
The drug is characterized by the property of enhancing and accelerating the peristalsis of the large intestine, which ensures rapid excretion of feces to the anus. Another remedy enhances the production of mucus that covers the feces, which can greatly facilitate the process of bowel movement. It is because of this property that a pronounced laxative effect of the drug is observed.
The synthetic substance bisacodyl is a prodrug, since when it enters the gastrointestinal tract, it is subject to metabolic processes, due to which the active component itself is formed. The compound formed from bisacodyl has an irritating effect on the mucous membrane of the colon, directly affecting the nerve endings.
Bisacodyl helps to increase the release of fluid into the intestine, blocks the reabsorption of water in it. The liquid helps to soften the faeces, respectively, their volume increases, which is another factor that stimulates the full activity of the intestines.
When does Bisacodyl take effect? The therapeutic effect depends on the form of release and the time of application:
- If you take pills or pills during the day, then the effect of the drug develops after six hours;
- When tablets or pills are taken immediately before bedtime, the effect occurs after 8-12 hours. The period of action varies depending on the patient's problem, the individual characteristics of the organism;
- Rectal suppositories act quickly, the result is revealed within 60 minutes.
The drug Bisacodyl is practically not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. A small concentration of the absorbed component is excreted by the kidneys in the form of glucuronide, most of it by the intestines.
Instructions for using the drug
For all dosage forms of the drug, the indications for use are the same. Therefore, the form is chosen that is optimal in a particular situation. The remedy is recommended against the background of prolonged constipation, which are associated with hypotension of the colon - they are called "habitual constipation", for example, after surgery, labor, etc.
Pinworm candles and rules for their use
It is advisable to prescribe a drug to regulate the stool in pathologies of the large intestine - hemorrhoidal disease, the formation of anal fissures, proctitis. Often, they take medicine to cleanse the intestines, which is necessary for preparation before surgery, some studies (colonoscopy).
Other indications for use include constipation, the etiology of which is due to dietary nutrition; emptying of patients with a history of diseases associated with the cardiovascular system.
Features of the use of candles:
- Method of use - rectal administration of suppositories.
- The dosage is 10-20 mg per day, which is equal to 1-2 suppositories.
- The initial dose is 10 mg once a day, the suppository is injected into the rectum. If a weak therapeutic effect is observed or is completely absent, then the dose is increased - 20 mg per application.
- The use of Bisacodyl suppositories is permitted only once every 24 hours.
Features of taking tablets / dragees:
- For adolescents over 14 years of age and adults, a dosage of 5-15 mg of the active ingredient is recommended, which corresponds to 1-3 capsules;
- The initial dosage is 5 mg, taken in the evening before bedtime. If there is no effect, then take 2-3 tablets at a time;
- It is taken only once a day, the reception does not depend on the meal;
- If the "evening" pills did not give the desired result, then in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast you can drink one more piece.
The drug can be used at any time, with the expectation that the pill begins to act no earlier than six hours later. If the pill does not start to work, then the maximum dose is 4 tablets - more is strictly prohibited.
Continuous treatment with the drug for a week is allowed. Tablets / dragees are swallowed whole, do not chew - a chewed tablet leads to severe stomach irritation and pain.
The medication is not absorbed into the circulatory system, does not have systemic adverse reactions, therefore it is allowed for use during pregnancy. To minimize the possible negative impact, pregnant women exclusively use suppositories.
Method of application for children:
- From 2 to 7 years - 5 mg (one tablet) or ½ suppository.
- From 8 to 14 years old - 5-10 mg (1-2 tablets / pills) or a candle once a day.
- From 15 to 18 years old, up to three tablets and two suppositories are allowed per day.
Contraindications and side effects
Bisacodyl is a powerful enough drug to be used only for medical reasons. He has many contraindications, in the presence of which the use is strictly prohibited.
Candles for worms for children and adults
Cannot be used in the following cases:
- Children under 2 years old;
- Hypersensitivity or allergic reaction to bisacodyl;
- Spasmodic constipation;
- Bowel obstruction;
- Acute proctitis, hemorrhoidal disease;
- Colon carcinoma;
- Appendicitis and its complications;
- Painful sensations in the abdomen of unknown etiology;
- Bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Discharge of blood from the anus;
- Cystitis, etc.
In addition to absolute contraindications, the medication has relative ones, when its use is permitted, but carefully and under medical supervision. These include hepatic / renal failure, suspected gastrointestinal inflammation, lactation.
- Dyspeptic symptoms. Patients complain of belching, heartburn, pain in the stomach, and other symptoms, indicating a violation of the digestive process.
- Increased gas production, bloating.
- Abdominal pain.
- Painful sensations in the anus (only suppositories provoke a side effect).
- Problems with the musculoskeletal system, lability of blood pressure (especially in elderly patients).
- Prolonged diarrhea.
Bisacodyl has analogs synonyms - drugs that include the same active substance in their composition, differ in additional components, but give a similar therapeutic effect. These are Laxatin (tablet form), Dulcolax (tablets and suppositories), Stadalax (dragees), Apo-Bisacodyl (tablets).
Analogues for the laxative effect include drugs:
- Weak-cap (drops for oral administration);
- Senade (tablets);
- Agiolax (in the form of granules);
- Naturolax (powder for suspension preparation);
- Senadexin (tablets), etc.
Drops Slabikap include the main component of sodium picosulfate. In addition, they contain sorbitol, propylene glycol, sterile water. In appearance, the drug resembles a viscous transparent liquid. The remedy has an extensive list of contraindications: peritonitis, intestinal obstruction, cystitis, children under 4 years of age, spastic constipation. Take with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Senadexin tablets are recommended for constipation caused by intestinal hypotension or weak peristaltic contractions; for stool normalization against the background of proctitis, hemorrhoids; treat atonic and spastic constipation.
People leave positive reviews on the use of Bisacodyl, recommending starting with a minimum dosage. This is due to the fact that 95% of patients experience bowel movement with the introduction of one suppository - sometimes in several passes, and with a single administration of two suppositories - diarrhea most often occurs.
Popular life hacks for home and summer cottages on the portal https://build-experts.ru, construction tricks and recommendations of experienced foremen.