Table of contents:
Video: Signs Of Worms In Children 3 Years Old, Symptoms And Treatment
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Helminthiasis is a common disease caused by various types of parasitic worms. In the human body, pinworms, roundworms, whipworms and other helminths develop most often. A significant part of the population is affected by the infection. The disease especially often affects young children. The danger is that a child's weak body, due to age imperfection, cannot always effectively cope with the effects of worms. At the same time, the symptoms of worms in children of 3 years old can manifest themselves in different ways: from skin rashes to disruption of the work of various organs and systems.
In children, the most common:
Rarely, the child's body affects:
- pork, bovine and dwarf tapeworm;
- cat fluke;
- wide tape.
Mostly pathogens are localized in the intestines. Less commonly in the liver, spleen, myocardium.
- The main routes of infection
- Folk remedies
The manifestations of the disease differ in their symptoms, depending on the type of helminth that has struck the body. Common signs of the appearance of worms in young children:
- the presence of allergic reactions (rashes on the skin in the form of hives);
- nausea, vomiting;
- disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- decreased immunity;
- abdominal pain;
- increased or decreased appetite.
Violations of the nervous system can indicate the activity of worms: the baby becomes capricious, excitable or lethargic, sleepy.
Signs of the disease do not appear immediately. The disease may not manifest itself for quite a long time or its clinical picture will not be pronounced. The presence of worms can only be determined by laboratory diagnostics.
Parasites of this type are small, round helminths that inhabit the intestines. They enter the body through the mouth. They cause such a disease as enterobiasis. Its symptoms:
- Itching in the anus. The unpleasant sensations intensify at night. The child often wakes up, is naughty, screams;
- Weight gain or weight loss;
- Excessive excitability and increased fatigue;
- Nocturnal urinary incontinence in girls. When scratching, pinworms can be brought into the urethra, causing involuntary urination. Once in the vagina, parasites cause inflammation in it;
- White worms in the stool of a child;
- The presence of pinworms can provoke acute appendicitis;
- Abdominal pain in the navel area;
The appearance of pinworms causes intoxication. The longer this effect, the more the body is weakened.
Parasites deprive the child's body of nutrients, poisoning it with the products of their vital activity.
Once inside the body, helminths are carried by the blood stream to all systems and organs. In this case, there is:
- increased body temperature;
- drowsiness, weakness;
- frequent dry cough (sometimes with blood);
- the appearance of bronchitis or symptoms of pneumonia;
- enlarged lymph nodes, liver and spleen size;
- pallor of the face;
- hives (around the hands and feet);
- nausea, vomiting;
- pain in the abdomen;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- restless sleep
As a complication, acute appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, hepatitis, peritonitis may appear.
The main routes of infection
Helminths enter the body in different ways:
ingress of eggs on contact with soil, sand;
through poorly washed vegetables, berries and fruits;
through dirty toys;
non-compliance with hygiene rules (lack of hand washing after using the toilet).
through the soil;
violation of hygiene;
through unwashed vegetables and fruits;
with improper processing of food;
when swimming in a pond;
when eating poorly washed greens, fruits, vegetables.
The disease is transmitted from an infected child to a healthy one. The eggs of the worm fall under the nails and are carried inside the body when the child sucks his fingers, licks objects and toys, when in contact with animals, while in a country with a hot climate.
To diagnose the disease, laboratory tests are carried out:
- blood sampling to determine antibodies to pathogens of helminthiasis;
- scraping for enterobiasis;
- clinical analysis of feces (for a more accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to collect a feces analysis from a child three times);
- analysis of the intestinal microflora.
Therapy for helminthiasis is carried out with the help of medicines. During its implementation, it is necessary to observe hygiene standards and rules, adhere to the daily regimen.
The child's hands are washed with soap. After that, they are additionally wiped with antibacterial wipes.
During treatment, they exclude the presence of the baby in places where other children congregate (in sandpits, kindergarten), avoid contact with animals.
Antihelminthic drugs are prescribed:
- Dekaris (Levamisole) is an effective remedy for worms, used to treat children from 3 years old. It is used to get rid of round helminths (pinworms);
- Nemozole (Albendazole) is a broad-spectrum anthelmintic tablet preparation (treatment of pinworms, ascaris in children).
- Vormil (Mebendazole). The medicine helps with ascaris and pinworms and other roundworms.
- Piperazine. The drug paralyzes worms and allows you to quickly get rid of worms.
In addition to tablets, agents in the form of suspensions are used. For getting rid of ascariasis, the Pirantel Suspension is most effective.
Helminthiasis is often accompanied by constipation. To alleviate the baby's condition, a quick-acting baby laxative (Fitomucil) is prescribed.
Dying, helminths release toxins that poison the body. To reduce their negative impact, sorbents are prescribed:
- Polysorb (powder);
- Fenistil (drops).
Traditional medicine methods are used as an additional remedy to get rid of worms.
In this case, they use:
- pumpkin seeds;
- cloves of garlic (they can be finely chopped and added to a glass of milk, given an incomplete tablespoon several times a day);
- carrots (you can rub and add honey or make juice);
- weak chamomile decoction.
To save a child from the appearance of worms you need:
- Often carry out wet cleaning indoors;
- Wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap after walking, using the toilet and before feeding;
- Limit contact with pets;
- Do not allow the child to pull various objects into his mouth while walking;
- Cut your nails thoroughly;
- Keep clothes, shoes, toys and other items clean.
Watch the issue of Dr. Komarovsky about worms:
Worms are more dangerous in children of two years old. At this age, the child is only developing defenses and his body is not able to resist these parasites
Page contentSymptoms and signs of worms in a child 2 years oldMedicines in the form of tablets for worms for children 2 years oldPreparations in the form of syrup and suspensionFolk remediesPrevention of worms in children under 2 years of ageYou can defeat parasites
Anthelmintic Drugs For Children Under One Year Old, 2-3 And 7 Years Old: Reviews And Treatment Regimen
Page contentGeneral scheme of treatment with anthelmintic drugs for childrenAnthelmintic drugsSorbentsAntihistaminesThe best anthelmintic drugs for infants under one year oldModern broad-spectrum drugs for babies from one year to 2-3 yearsDrugs for the prevention of children aged 4 to 7 years and olderLatest generation herbal preparationsYou can defeat parasites
Page contentHow do worms appear in a one-year-old childSymptoms and manifestation of worms in babies from 2 to 5 years and olderAllergy from worms in childrenTemperature in a child with helminthiasisYou can defeat parasites!Most of us face infection with helminths, but children are especially at risk when meeting with worms - their body is not always able to resist parasites
Page contentThe first signs of worms in children 3 years oldSymptoms of worms in children 3 years old at the acute stage of invasionAllergies and skin rashes in a childAbdominal pain with worms in childrenYou can defeat parasites!Children of all ages are susceptible to helminthic invasion