Table of contents:
- Bacteria and its features
- How can you get infected
- Symptoms and diseases of Helicobacter
- Diagnostics of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori
- Treatment and disposal of harmful microorganisms
- Folk remedies against hilicobacter pylori
- How to eat properly with this disease
Video: Helico Bacterium - Antibiotic Treatment Of Helicobacter Pylori Bacteria
Last updated 30 January 2018 at 01:23
Reading time: 7 minutes
In the modern world, there are a lot of diseases that we do not even think about. For example, a lot of people are infected with the Helicobacter bacterium, because you can get it through water and dirty hands.
You need to know what this bacterium looks like and what symptoms it has. What is the hidden danger of bacteria. In order to prevent infection or to be in time, in time to cure the disease in the initial stages of infection.
- 1 Bacteria and its features
- 2 How can you get infected
- 3 Symptoms and diseases of Helicobacter
- 4 Diagnostics of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori
- 5 Treatment and disposal of harmful microorganisms
- 6 Folk remedies against hilicobacter pylori
7 How to eat properly with this disease
7.1 Similar articles
Bacteria and its features
Helicobacter pylori is a common pathogenic bacterium that can cause diseases such as Helicobacter pylori and many other inflammations.
It is located in our stomach (in the pyloric section), as a result of which its name came about.
Scientists have proven that it can live in the strongest acidic environment and not be destroyed. Therefore, she lives in the stomach. Like all flagellates, she has such a device with the help of it, she moves and can be fixed on the walls of internal organs.
This bacterium, while in the stomach, causes many different diseases of the digestive system. With repeated division, it negatively affects the walls of the stomach, inflamed and destroyed. It causes diseases such as gastritis, ulcers and a more dangerous disease - cancer.
If you detect this bacterium in time, you can protect yourself from negative consequences
- The bacterium has the property of not being destroyed in the acidic environments of the stomach. If you compare it with other pathological viruses and bacteria, it belongs to the more resistant. First, when Chylecobacter enters the human body, it wraps itself in protective mucus with the help of flagella, and chooses the “best” place for itself. In addition, it secretes a special secret that is able to neutralize acid-alkaline environments. With the help of this, she can be in the stomach completely safe for herself and without giving any symptoms about her presence.
- It resides in the stomach and causes terrible inflammation and cell death. Especially when the bacteria is releasing dangerous toxic substances. There is reason to say that in many cases this bacterium is one of the most important causes of stomach cancer.
You can get rid of Helicobacter pylori only if you undergo antibiotic treatment, which will restore a normal environment in the gastrointestinal tract. A narrow-profile specialist - a gastroenterologist should treat. To begin with, he will prescribe the necessary examinations, and then he will prescribe the necessary medications.
How can you get infected
This bacteria can enter your body in a variety of ways. It may be that the bacterium has long been in the stomach, but there were no symptoms.
Here are some ways through which you can get infected:
- Through mucous membranes, this means that hilicobacter is transmitted during sexual intercourse and through kissing;
- If you eat with a person infected with the disease from one plate or spoon. Young children can also become infected by giving someone else's pacifier;
- If the rules of personal hygiene are not followed. Even if you always wash your hands and take care of yourself (a regular trip to a public bath, sauna or pool can threaten you with disastrous consequences);
- Infection can pass through dirty medical equipment, with the help of which a person who is infected with the bacterium was examined.
Helicobacter cannot be transmitted by airborne droplets, as it refers to organisms that live in an oxygen-free environment, and quickly dies in the air.
When Helicobacter enters the human body, the following happens:
- Goes immediately to the stomach;
- It has already been said that it does not react to the acidic environment in the stomach, so it easily moves along the walls of the stomach. In case of movement, she has special flagella;
- Having settled in the stomach, it begins to destroy the mucous protective layer of the stomach, then begins to secrete a specific substance "urease";
- After this substance begins to destroy the next cells and tissues, all this leads to indigestion and disruption of its functions;
- At this time, bacteria begin to multiply and there are a lot of them;
- Destroyed cells and tissues are burned under the influence of their own acidic environment, and as a result, an ulcer is formed.
The longer this bacteria stays and multiplies in your stomach, the higher the development of more complex and incurable diseases (such as oncology of the digestive organs).
Symptoms and diseases of Helicobacter
After it enters the stomach and begins to destroy it and release harmful substances.
There are several forms of disease:
- The initial stage or latent form. In infected people, hilicobacter is located in the gastrointestinal tract, but no alarming or disturbing symptoms are felt, especially if the person has a sufficiently hardened and stable immune system. They live quietly and continue to multiply, destroying the gastric mucosa. Mild digestive problems (such as belching, constipation, or diarrhea) are felt, but these symptoms are rarely noticed by people. With this form of infection, a person can live for more than ten years without feeling any symptoms, but the consequences are very deplorable (oncology);
- Acute gastritis develops. The main symptoms are nausea, vomiting and severe pain in the stomach;
- If you live with acute gastritis for a long time, it can develop into a chronic form. More than half of the people on our planet have been diagnosed with this disease, but people do not even know about it. persistent pain in the stomach, especially after eating, nausea, vomiting. There is bloating, a feeling of bitterness in the mouth, belching and heartburn;
- Gastroduodenitis is an inflammatory process in the duodenum. The symptoms are very similar to chronic gastritis. Change in stool, not hungry, weakness, pain just below the stomach (where the pancreas is located);
- A stomach ulcer develops in conjunction with some factors: drinking alcohol, cigarettes and stressful situations. This disease develops for a very long time, since the stomach is damaged very deeply. Symptoms are various: stomach pain (tingling, burning), an attack begins after food enters the stomach, heartburn and belching, nausea, and in rare cases vomiting.
At the first symptoms, you need to urgently contact a specialist in order for you to be prescribed an examination.
Diagnostics of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori
Medicine does not stand still, so there are several studies that can confirm the presence of a microorganism in the stomach. The easiest way is endoscopy. The stomach tissue is pinched off, then they are examined.
There is also a check for the presence of a microorganism, a blood test or feces is taken and examined. But with symptoms of stomach pain, experts advise to undergo endoscopy, since this is a more accurate analysis. This test will identify and help your doctor make an accurate diagnosis for you.
After the study, the disease is identified and treatment is prescribed. After the therapy, the person again takes blood and feces tests in order to determine whether the treatment was successful.
Treatment and disposal of harmful microorganisms
If Helicobacter pylori is found in a person, treatment is performed in two ways: medications, which means antibiotics and a properly selected diet, plus alternative medicine.
This disease is very difficult to treat, full recovery of course occurs, but for this the doctor needs to prescribe a huge variety of drugs. This bacterium is very resistant to different environments. If a person has contracted a disease and has successfully undergone treatment, after he re-becomes infected, the drug is very difficult, since she develops immunity to this drug.
Another problem is that when getting rid of the microorganism, natural bacteria die and the beneficial microflora in the digestive tract is destroyed. This leads to food poisoning or allergies.
It should be noted that antibacterial drugs are selected by a specialist, for a start he looks at the tests and what diseases were before, what antibiotics have already been prescribed. Antibiotics are prescribed in order to balance and normalize the acidic environment in the gastrointestinal tract.
It is very important that a person, during the course of treatment, give up the use of alcoholic beverages and cigarettes, improper eating habits, try to be nervous and worried as little as possible. The doctor prescribes everything in complex therapy, using for this not only antibacterial agents, but also drugs that are able to restore the mucous membranes after irritation.
Diseases due to Helicobacter pylori are very difficult to cure. So a patient who has had any of these diseases at least once is obliged to visit a specialist constantly, follow a diet and examine his digestive system and take the simplest tests. The disease can worsen at any time.
The doctor must prescribe a treatment regimen consisting of three or more drugs. The scheme usually includes two antibacterial drugs and necessarily a drug that slows down chemical reactions in the body. The double scheme often does not lead to a good result.
Usually, treatment is carried out within a week. In the first days after the correct treatment regimen, the patient's condition improves.
In addition to antibiotic treatment, it is recommended to follow the correct diet (give up junk food and do not consume harmful drinks) and follow the rules of personal hygiene. Wash your hands as often as possible, not only before eating, you should not eat from unwashed dishes and use a stale and someone else's towel.
It is strictly forbidden to use other people's hygiene products, even a comb. If a member of your family has a disease associated with this bacterium, then in no case should you eat with him from the same dish.
Folk remedies against hilicobacter pylori
For a quick and positive result from this disease, in addition to medicines, traditional medicine is used, which normalize the acidity in the gastric tract, and follow a diet.
There are so many remedies that really help in the fight against this disease. But still, you should ask your doctor for advice, since the recipes are designed for the patient's different acidity.
- If the patient has high acidity, then flaxseed jelly can be used;
- Even with increased acidity, a very good remedy is a decoction of several herbs (chamomile, St. John's wort and celandine);
- With low acidity, an effective remedy is cabbage juice and calamus tincture;
How to eat properly with this disease
Of course, the most basic and important part of treatment is taking antibiotics, but it is very important to eat right.
In order to get rid of the disease as quickly as possible, the following rules should be observed:
- the main thing is not to starve (you cannot eat for too long);
- eat small portions, chew food thoroughly and take your time;
- eat little by little, but often 5-6 times a day;
- to everything, give up fried and fatty foods, canned and salted.
So, Helicobacter pylori is a harmful bacterium, as a result of which various dangerous diseases can arise. At the first symptoms of the emergence of this microorganism, you should go to the hospital. Treatment should be supervised by a physician.
Observing all the rules and advice of a specialist, you will be able to get rid of this harmful microorganism without developing dangerous consequences.