Table of contents:
- Candida: what is it
- Causes of oral candidiasis
- Symptoms of candidiasis in the mouth
- Diagnostics and tests for candidiasis
- Thrush: treatment in newborns in the mouth
- Diet for candidiasis
Video: Oral Candidiasis - Treatment Of Oral Candidiasis In Adults
Last updated 30 August 2017 at 15:51
Reading time: 8 min
Thrush, candidiasis is an infectious lesion.
A conditionally pathogenic microorganism does not manifest itself until the moment of weakening or depletion of the immune system. Coexists with other bacteria without causing any characteristic symptoms.
Obvious symptoms of oral candidiasis are observed with the activation and increase in the number of the fungus. Gradually, the protective processes in the body weaken, and intensive immediate treatment of oral candidiasis is required, which affects everyone without exception. Both babies and adults.
- 1 Candida: what is it
- 2 Causes of oral candidiasis
- 3 Symptoms of candidiasis in the mouth
- 4 Thrush in infants and children in the mouth
- 5 Diagnostics and tests for candidiasis
- 6 Treatment of candidiasis of the oral mucosa
- 7 Thrush: treatment in newborns in the mouth
- 8 Diet for candidiasis
9 Treatment of thrush with folk remedies
9.1 Related articles
Candida: what is it
Before considering candidiasis, let's determine its source. A small type of plant microorganism, like Candida albicans, is a type of yeast-like fungus. The adult is round or cylindrical. The length does not exceed 10 microns.
The acid-base balance of the pH should not exceed 6.5. But even periods that seem unfavorable for microorganisms, such as low temperatures or dry climate, do not prevent them from surviving and reproducing. This process occurs due to the formation of kidneys, since fungi do not have sexual characteristics.
They parasitize throughout the entire ecosystem. Candida lives on animals, in the environment, the human microflora: in the small intestine, genitourinary system, in the oral cavity.
Causes of oral candidiasis
People with strong immune systems and good health can be carriers of the Candida microorganism for more than one year. Fungi quickly adapt to the human microflora and become opportunistic, causing candidiasis.
What are the reasons that contribute to the appearance of oral candidiasis or thrush disease:
- foods high in sugar. Alcoholic drinks, wheat bread, pasta, chocolate;
- hormonal or steroid preparations;
- tight tight clothing;
- vaginal-anal intercourse;
- advanced age;
- period of pregnancy;
- lack of vitamins C, PP, group B.
Naturally, these are people with a low level of immunity and corresponding diseases:
- AIDS, HIV;
- defective work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- dysfunction of the genitourinary system;
- oncological diseases;
- bronchial asthma;
- predisposition to allergies;
When in contact with a sick person. Pets are also often carriers. Environmental pollution contributes to the spread of bacteria and fungi just as much as other factors.
Symptoms of candidiasis in the mouth
Among babies, infection caused by a fungus of the genus Candida is common. It affects about 60% of all children from birth to early preschool age.
Lesions of the oral mucosa in a child are called thrush or candidal stomatitis, the causes of which are varied:
- birth. If the mother had candidiasis in the birth canal, the likelihood of infection is quite high;
- dummy. Thermally untreated teat, long-term use;
- when breastfeeding from an unclean mother;
- allergic dermatitis;
- household dirty objects and toys;
Untimely detection of the problem, especially for infants, usually becomes the cause of complications and the transition of infection to internal organs.
Taking an antibiotic may not improve the condition of a child with a still weak immune system, but lead to poor health and long-term treatment. In the case of oral candidiasis in children, all necessary measures are taken only after consultation and under the strict supervision of a pediatrician.
Diagnostics and tests for candidiasis
To get rid of a fungal infection, many drugs and remedies have been developed for adults, both topical application to the affected areas and foci of inflammation, and drugs by ingestion. This is due to a more complex course of the disease at an older age.
How to treat candidiasis in adults, and what drugs to take.
- "Decamine". Antiseptic. Local application. With thrush, tablets are placed on the cheek until complete dissolution in a dosage of 1 piece - 0.15 or 2 pieces - 0.3 mg. The daily intake is 6-8 times.
- "Nystatin". Antifungal agent. Ingestion from 250 thousand to 500 thousand units. The daily intake is 6-8 times. In case of complications, the dosage of the drug is increased to 3 million units 3-4 times.
- Diflucan. The daily intake for oral candidiasis is 50-100 mg once a day. The duration of the course is 7 days. With reduced immunity, the intake is continued for up to 2 weeks.
- "Ketoconazole". The duration of treatment is 10 days. Daily intake from 250 mg to 450 mg as prescribed by a doctor.
- Treatment can be supplemented with adjuvants that will help relieve symptoms and strengthen the body, increase protective functions and restore body tone:
- Suprastin. Relieves puffiness, inflammation, eliminates itching, allergies. Daily intake - 2 tablets. It is recommended to take 3-4 times;
- Aktiferrin. It restores the level of iron deficient in the body, prevents bleeding of the affected gums and oral mucosa. Daily dose - 1 capsule 3 times;
- Methylene blue. Antiseptic for treating damaged mucous membranes. Assign 1% aqueous solution;
- Tantum Verde. Aerosol with dispenser, local rinsing agent, tablets. Daily use of tablets - 3 mg 4 times, aerosol - 4 doses, solution - 15 ml every 3 hours.
Thrush: treatment in newborns in the mouth
A painful sensation that a baby experiences during feeding and an unpleasant plaque requires urgent treatment. You should not treat the mucous membrane yourself. You can worsen existing symptoms and exacerbate the disease, like thrush.
The treatment of candidiasis of the cavity in a child and baby will take place according to the following principles:
- local impact. It is carried out with a solution of potassium permanganate, applied to the mucous membrane. Assigned to babies up to 6 months;
- treatment with a soda solution after six months of life. Dissolve baking soda - 1 teaspoon in 1 glass of warm boiled water. Apply the composition to the affected areas with a moistened cotton swab;
- babies are given a pacifier with linden honey.
The pediatrician, depending on age, prescribes drugs:
- "Candide". A viscous solution for treating the affected areas of the oral mucosa with a cotton swab. Daily intake - 10-20 drops 3-4 times;
- "Nystatin". Babies from 1 to 3 years old are prescribed 250 thousand units 3-4 times a day. From 3 years old - up to 500 thousand units 4 times a day.
Diet for candidiasis
Folk remedies for the treatment of candidiasis are widely used and prescribed even by medical workers. Tinctures and decoctions, as well as local compresses, are very helpful in treating fungal infections.
Juices. Daily preparation of fresh nectars from carrots, cranberries and viburnum for an intensive rinse. Hold in the mouth or flush out inflammation.
Honey. It is advisable to use natural lime. For babies - lubricate the pacifier and give it to the baby. Adults - a teaspoon. Eat 3-4 times.
Tincture of St. John's wort for gargling. Ingredients: a glass of water, a small spoonful of dry herbs. Stir and simmer over low heat for up to 10 minutes. Cool and use.
Oak bark. Boosts the immune system. Prepare a rinse solution from 200 ml of water and 20 grams of bark. Warm up in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. The procedure is carried out 6-8 times a day.