Table of contents:
- Parasites in the liver
- Worms in the liver: signs and symptoms
- Hepatic worms: tests and examination
- Treatment of parasites in the liver
- Folk remedies for worms in the liver
Video: Worms In The Liver - Symptoms And Treatment Of Worms In The Human Liver
Last updated 9 July 2017 at 07:37 PM
Reading time: 5 min
The presence of parasites in the body is a fairly common phenomenon. Many factors can provoke it. From non-observance of basic rules of personal hygiene to social reasons.
Worms in the liver and intestines absorb essential nutrients, affect healthy cells and often feed on blood, products of hormonal synthesis.
- 1 Parasites in the liver
- 2 Worms in the liver: signs and symptoms
- 3 Hepatic worms: tests and examination
- 4 Treatment of parasites in the liver
5 Folk remedies for worms in the liver
5.1 Similar articles
Parasites in the liver
Among the huge number of representatives that cause helminthic invasion, only tissue helminths are able to penetrate into human organs.
What are the helminths in the human liver:
- roundworm. From the intestinal mucosa through the portal vein it enters the bile duct, and then into the organ itself. Leads to jaundice, cholelithiasis, cholangitis, abscess;
- amoeba. Provokes protein and fatty degeneration of hepatitis, liver abscess;
- echinococcus alveolar and unicameral. Promote the formation of cysts in the liver, which show metastases in relation to other organs. Symptoms develop against their background: anemia, jaundice, tumors, pleurohepatic fistulas;
- lamblia. They develop inflammatory processes in the biliary system, exhibit dystrophy of the lobules of the organ, stagnation of bile, leukocytosis;
- schistosomes. The result of their vital activity are symptoms: enlargement of the liver, hepatomegaly, blockage of the portal vein of the organ, the development of appendicitis, tissue necrosis;
- hepatic fluke. The most dangerous parasite. The cause of hepatic colic, cholangitis, in which there is inflammation of the bile ducts. Contribute to cirrhosis, viral hepatitis.
Damaging the organ that performs the function of removing toxins in the body, accumulating vitamins B12, A and D, and also participating in the process of blood circulation and digestion, the synthesis of enzymes and hormones, parasites completely disrupt the body's ability to function. Lead to death.
Worms in the liver: signs and symptoms
People often do not attach much importance to the manifestations of diseases associated with the biliary tract. And in most cases, the cause of inflammatory processes in the liver is parasites. There is more than one sign that a person has parasites in the liver.
There are characteristic symptoms that define helminths:
- a sharp decrease in body weight, loss of appetite;
- hair loss, brittle nails. Lack of calcium;
- migraines, fatigue, lethargy;
- a sign of an inflammatory process, fever;
- dermatitis, rashes, rough skin;
- itching in the anal area;
- pigmentation, freckles;
- unpleasant smell, bitter taste in the mouth;
- pain in the right side of the body. Mostly under the ribs;
- increased sweating;
- discharge of dark urine.
Naturally, all these symptoms indicate that severe inflammatory processes and disorders occur in the human liver.
Hepatic worms: tests and examination
Each parasite has its own life cycle, which determines the growth, development and timing of the formation of an adult sexually mature individual. The stage of migration is equally important to determine the localization and further movement of the helminth. The correct conduct of the survey depends on this.
The main tests that are carried out to determine the parasites in the human liver:
- biochemical blood test;
- feces on the eggs of the worm. Some individuals, when breeding, excrete embryos along with the feces outward. Often identified visually. For reliability, this study is carried out several times;
- enzyme immunoassay. Isolation in human blood serum of antibodies produced by the body with a protective reaction - IgM, IgG;
- PCR. To pass this diagnostic method, any material can be taken, followed by isolation of the parasite's DNA and comparing it with previously studied samples;
- duodenal intubation. Sampling of bile samples from the duodenum, the composition of the extrahepatic bile ducts;
- endoscopy. Internal examination with the introduction of a special probe. The degree of liver damage is determined;
- ultrasound examination, radiography, CT. Used to find localization in the body of helminths. External hardware diagnostics.
Using these methods of examining the patient, specialists determine the type of the alleged parasite, the amount, duration of its life cycle and the damage that it caused.
Treatment of parasites in the liver
Getting rid of worms in the liver is a long process. Provides for complex intensive treatment consisting of several stages.
First, you should cleanse the body of toxic vital processes of parasites and restore liver function:
- " Lactofiltrum". Restores the intestinal microflora, is used for violations of the liver, allergic manifestations. The daily dosage is 2-3 tablets 3 times. Duration of admission - 2-3 weeks;
- "Smecta". Daily intake - 3 times 1 sachet;
- Diet. Limiting spicy, fatty, and fiber-rich foods. The use of fermented milk products, cereals, salads, natural juices is allowed.
They relieve allergic manifestations:
- Suprastin. Has antiemetic effect, reduces spasms and relieves pain. Application: 1-2 tablets 3 times a day;
- "Tavegil". The daily dose is 1 mg 2 times. Reduces itching and is used as a local anesthetic.
The next impact should be directed at the parasites themselves.
The specialist selects individually anthelmintic drugs, depending on the source of infection:
- "Furazolidone". It is very effective for giardiasis. Daily intake - 4 times 400 mg;
- Ornidazole. It is widely used for amoebic liver abscess. Daily intake - 2 times 0.5 grams;
- "Piperazine". With roundworms, the intake is 1.5 - 2 grams 2 times a day;
- Praziquantel. A single dose of 40 mg to 75 mg per 1 kg of patient weight will help get rid of hepatic flukes and schistosomas;
- "Vormin" will protect against echinococcus and other worms. Symptoms of mixed helminthiasis can also be treated. Single dose - 100 mg.
Folk remedies for worms in the liver
Many people prefer to get rid of parasites with the help of healing traditional medicine recipes. Such treatment will not bring harm to the body, but it is better to consult a specialist about the advisability of using additional effects on worms.
"Monastic antiparasitic syrup ". It can be purchased at any pharmacy. Contains only natural ingredients like yarrow, sage, oak bark, wormwood, chamomile. It has an antiparasitic effect and removes toxins from the body. Restores the work of the stomach, biliary tract. Daily intake - 3 times 1 tablespoon. The course of treatment is 21 days.
Grass and flowers of tansy. Anti-inflammatory, choleretic, antihelminthic agent. It is used for liver damage such as cholecystitis, hepatitis, jaundice caused by parasites. To prepare the tincture, you need to take 1 tablespoon of dry herbs, pour 1 cup of boiling water over it and let it brew for 15 minutes. Cool and add another 200 ml of warm boiled water. Take 1 tablespoon every hour.