Table of contents:
- Signs of chlamydia in men
- Chlamydia in men: drug treatment
- Treatment regimen for chronic chlamydia in men
- Consequences of chlamydia in men
Video: Chlamydia In Men - Symptoms And Effective Treatment Drugs
Last updated on January 21, 2018 at 04:54 PM
Reading time: 4 minutes
A common infectious disease that is transmitted mainly through sexual contact.
The causative agent of chlamydia is the microorganism Chlamydia trachomatis, also known as the chlamydia bacterium. It is often referred to as viruses and microbes, as it is an intracellular inhabitant of the human body.
Consider the causes of chlamydia in men and the process of infection itself:
- unprotected intercourse. This applies to both standard and anal sex;
- domestic. Through common items of use, dishes, personal items, in the presence of open wounds and damage to the integrity of the mucous membrane;
- non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene. Care of the genitals, hands, eyes is very important.
- 1 Signs of chlamydia in men
- 2 Chlamydia in men: drug treatment
- 3 Treatment regimen for chronic chlamydia in men
4 Consequences of chlamydia in men
4.1 Similar articles
Signs of chlamydia in men
It may take at least a week before the first symptoms of infection appear. In most cases, the microorganism takes time to enter the cell and begin the process of its reproduction, development and distribution.
Already after 3 weeks from the moment of infection, one can observe how chlamydia manifests itself in men:
- inflammation of the urethra. It is characterized by slight pain when using the restroom and a transparent discharge;
- discomfort in the testicles and scrotum;
- pulling pain in the lower back, coccyx;
- an increase in body temperature up to 37 ° C.
Untimely treatment of chlamydia in men leads to the spread of the infection, which turns into urogenital chronic chlamydia and already has more severe symptoms:
- clouding of urine and the appearance of impurities in it. Mostly purulent in nature;
- inflammation of the urethra;
- bloody discharge, itching, burning with ejaculation and urination;
- body temperature reaches 37 ° C and does not drop.
Chlamydia in men: drug treatment
Choosing a reliable, fast remedy for bacteria like chlamydia will not work. The process is lengthy and will take about a month.
Before you start treating chlamydia in men, you need to start preparing:
- exclude sex;
- the use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
Therapy will be required:
- training. Appointment of immunostimulants, vitamins to strengthen the body;
- treatment. The course of taking antibiotics and antifungal agents. Duration of admission is not less than 7 days;
- recovery. Probiotics, hepatoprotectors, antioxidants. Physiotherapy methods are sometimes used.
To cure acute chlamydia in men and to treat it effectively, the following drugs will be required:
- " Azithromycin ". Daily intake - 500 mg 1 time;
- " Doxycycline ". The dosage per day is 200 mg. Continue taking for at least a week at the discretion of the attending physician. With a sluggish long-term illness, the daily intake is 100 mg 2 times;
- " Ciprofloxacin ". Reception every 12 hours at 0.75 g. The course of treatment lasts from 7 to 28 days.
Together with antibacterial agents, it is recommended to additionally take antifungal drugs:
- " Fluconazole ". In order to prevent the occurrence of candidiasis, a daily intake of 50 to 400 mg is prescribed;
- " Pimafucin ". A dosage of 100 mg per day for the treatment and prevention of fungal infections.
Treatment regimen for chronic chlamydia in men
Complications caused by long-term presence of chlamydia in the body require intensive and complex treatment.
Do not forget that the microorganism is located inside the cell, and therefore the doctor should choose the most effective antibiotics:
- tetracycline. It is a bacteriostatic antibiotic that interferes with protein synthesis, is active in the fight against viruses, bacteria, most strains of fungi;
- macrolides. Less toxic drug among other antibiotics, safe for the body. Actively affects intracellular microorganisms. Formulated on the basis of erythromycin;
- fluoroquinolones. Broad-spectrum antimicrobial drugs. They prevent the spread of microorganisms and destroy the DNA of bacteria, leading to their destruction.
Also, when prescribing drugs, the state of the patient's immune system, the organs of the biliary system, the genitourinary system and the gastrointestinal tract are taken into account.
Complex treatment of chronic chlamydia and its consequences includes:
- antibiotics. "Spiramycin", "Azithromycin", "Ciprofloxacin", "Doxycycline", "Rifampicin";
- antioxidants. To remove toxins from the body. Vitamins A and E, sodium thiosulfate are usually used;
- hepatoprotectors. Used to protect and repair the liver. Essenseale Forte;
- means to increase immunity. Medicines: "Interferon", "Amiksin";
- antifungal medications. "Nystatin", "Fluconazole";
- probiotics. Restore normal intestinal microflora. "Linex", "Probifor", "Lactobacterin", "Bifiform".
The dosage of drugs and the choice of drugs depends on the stage of chlamydia, its duration, and the number of associated complications.
Consequences of chlamydia in men
If it is too late to detect the disease, at the stage of chronic chlamydia, serious complications in men are possible:
- prostatitis. Inflammatory process of the prostate gland. May lead to urinary tract infection, pyelonephritis, blood poisoning;
- urethritis. Bacterial damage to the urethra;
- epididymitis. Swelling and inflammation of the scrotum, testis. It causes death of testicular tissue, scarring, deterioration of sperm quality;
- Reiter's disease. The onset of concomitant diseases after recovery, such as conjunctivitis, urethritis;
- orchitis. Testicular inflammation;
- vesiculitis. The defeat of the seminal vesicles by chlamydia. Provoke sexual dysfunction, lack of erection;
- chlamydial arthritis. Autoimmune damage to joints, cartilage, tissues.