Table of contents:
- For what purposes is blood analyzed?
- Reading analysis results
- Detailed blood composition
- Required norms in the composition of the blood
- What is each granule responsible for?
- What does the deviation from the norm mean?
- Decoding analyzes on the Internet
- Control over your own body
Last updated 18 August 2017 at 13:11
Reading time: 6 minutes
Clinical blood test is the most popular method for examination.
They help the doctor identify and understand the sources of manifestations, such as weakness, dizziness, fever. It also helps to determine the presence of infection in the blood and viscera of a person.
To read a blood test, it is handed over to the laboratory, there it goes through the necessary stages and the finished result can be read by the doctor and his specific verdict.
For a person who donates blood, special training is not required, but it is recommended to come for analysis in the morning and not eat food in the evening. This is explained by the fact that after sleep, the human body is in a calm state, it was not exposed to any influences, and the trace elements that make up the food will not change the blood content, so as not to confuse the doctor when viewing the analysis.
Thus, an effective and accurate analysis will be obtained, which will help to identify the disease and make the correct prescription for the treatment of infection.
- 1 For what purposes is blood analyzed?
- 2 Reading analysis results
- 3 Detailed composition of blood
- 4 Required norms in the composition of blood
- 5 What is each granule responsible for?
- 6 What does the deviation from the norm mean?
- 7 Decoding of analyzes on the Internet
8 Control over your own body
8.1 Similar articles
For what purposes is blood analyzed?
A complete blood count is a test that determines the basic composition of human blood, it includes:
- red blood cells and the level of their number;
- hemoglobin, or rather its percentage. A substance contained in erythrocytes and carrying oxygen throughout the human body to all departments in need;
- leukocytes - white blood cells and the composition of their formula;
- platelets are platelets responsible for stopping blood flow in a vessel that has been damaged;
- hematocrit is the correspondence of the amount of blood containing cells to the volume that does not contain any cells;
- the speed of erythrocyte sedimentation, that is, how quickly the erythrocytes precipitate in the test tube, this leads to the results of blood tests when decoding them.
The main consideration of the analysis and its meaning is, of course, done by the doctor, but each person with the help of the Internet or an encyclopedia can independently read the transcript.
Reading analysis results
The laboratories of the modern world have the latest equipment with the latest technology, which helps to make a blood test absolutely accurately and specifically.
Doctors came to the conclusion that the most accurate result is an analysis made in several stages, thus, the blood test is divided into groups and its certain contents are studied. The equipment, after a blood test, issues a printout with entries, which are usually made in English and in the form of an abbreviation.
By the amount of certain substances in the blood, one can draw a conclusion about an infection, an inflammatory process in the body, after a blood test, you can find out the presence of a viral or bacterial disease, helminthiasis or allergies are also likely.
A blood test can be read while on the Internet, without reaching the doctor, but this is done just beforehand for yourself, in no case can you make independent conclusions or appointments without having a medical education, so you can only harm the body.
Detailed blood composition
By its composition, blood carries a huge list of trace elements, each of which is responsible for a specific function:
- erythrocyte plays a huge role in nourishing the body tissue, saturating it with oxygen. Its functions include the release of the body from carbon dioxide and its release through the lungs. In cases of a reduced number of erythrocytes, the body receives less than the proper composition of oxygen, and anemia develops. In case of exceeding the norm of the content of erythrocytes, there is a likelihood of interconnection of red blood cells and further blockage of blood vessels, which can lead to death
- hemoglobin is a special type of protein that is contained in the composition of red blood cells and is assigned to carry oxygen throughout the human body, to all organs that need it. An increased level of this indicator may indicate dehydration of the body, and a lower level indicates a lack of oxygen in the body;
- hematocrit is an index that displays the amount of blood that contains red blood cells. This value is indicated in the ratio enriched in red blood cells. Deviations from the norm in one direction or another indicate the amount of fluid in the blood.
Required norms in the composition of the blood
In addition to the essential substances in the blood, there are also norms for the level of their content, deviations from which can cause poor health or even illness.
A blood test is required and the identification of probable deviations.
- platelets - small blood plaques that form a blood clot, helping to clog wounds in the vessels, this element is responsible for blood clotting. Decreased levels can lead to large blood loss;
- leukocytes organize the body's defense against infection. Leukocytes differ in size from erythrocytes, but their content in the blood is lower in number. When you take anti-infection medications, your white blood cell count goes down. A deviation upward means the presence of a large level of microbes;
- thymphocyte - a type of leukocyte, they help to increase the level of immunity and organize protection against microbes and infection;
- granulocytes are also a type of leukocytes, they consist of particles - granular leukocytes. Granulocytes are 3 subtypes of cells: neutrophils, eosinophils and basophils. They fight infection, inflammation and allergies.
What is each granule responsible for?
- a monocyte removes a dead cell from the body, which is no longer involved in any of the processes and is a ballast in the body. Means an important role in immunity, its rate in the blood is 3-8%;
- eosinophils consume unwanted cells and convert them into hard tissue. When foreign cells enter the body, eosinophils react to this and contribute to the attack. Their rate is about 1.5%;
- basophils are formed in the bone marrow. Their main function is to participate in inflammatory processes or allergy reactions. Their content in the body is quite low, from 0 to 1%;
- thrombocrit shows the percentage of platelet mass in blood volume. With their help, the risk of thrombosis is assessed. The indicator of its norm is 0.15-0.35%;
- leukogram - the formula of leukocytes is a correspondence in percentage of all types of leukocytes. When examining this leukogram after a blood test, if the indicators deviate in either direction, the doctor draws a conclusion and determines the form of the disease;
- an important indicator is the rate at which erythrocytes are deposited. The speed of division of erythrocytes into two layers: the upper and lower layers is an indicator of the development of the disease.
What does the deviation from the norm mean?
Deviations from the norm of any of the indicators after a blood test are the reason for further examination.
An increased number of leukocytes can be dangerous, it is a purulent inflammation, an infection in the body, this can give rise to a malignant formation or a blood disease.
With a low erythrocyte sedimentation rate in the blood, a woman should also worry less than a man, especially this level is unstable during pregnancy. A good result will be shown after the baby is born. But a woman should constantly monitor this indicator, since its sharp jumps can affect the prematurity of the child.
An equally important indicator is thrombocyosis, it speaks of the probable presence of certain pathologies: a chronic inflammatory process, a downed protein metabolism, a malignant tumor.
Decoding analyzes on the Internet
The appointment of a fingerstick test is given by the doctor. To understand what deviations there are and what they are associated with, the results of blood tests and their decoding are done.
For each of the indicators contained in the blood there is its own norm, the deviation from which prompts thoughts about the presence of infection in the human body.
The range of indicators is different for all genders and ages. It is not enough to get the results of the analysis, because you need to correctly decipher them and make further appointments. Before taking the tests to the doctor, everyone has the right to independently study the results, compare the norms and draw some conclusions, but it is impossible to independently prescribe treatment and take any measures.
Without medical education, it is impossible to read the test verdict, but this can be done using the Internet, at any time online.
In drawing up such programs, therapists must take part, giving characteristics to each of the indicators. As a result of analyzes, you can even get a list of possible variants of diseases. But you can't take this as a final result and you definitely need to visit a doctor.
Control over your own body
A clinical analysis of an important fluid for a person's life must periodically be passed to each of us.
This is an effective method for monitoring the situation in the human body. It also takes a leading role in diagnosing diseases of the circulatory system and helps to study the health of the internal organs.
A study of your own indicators can reveal violations in a person's life and even determine serious diseases. It is necessary to approach this issue seriously and take material for analysis in specialized institutions, where they can take the analysis correctly, study it correctly and make an accurate decoding, in order to avoid the wrong diagnosis and in the future take drugs that are not beneficial, but only aggravating the situation in the body.