Table of contents:
- Bovine tapeworm life cycle
- Bovine tapeworm infection
- Bovine tapeworm: symptoms and signs
- How to get tested for bull tapeworm
- Treating tapeworms
Video: Bovine Tapeworm - Symptoms And Treatments For Bovine Tapeworm (parasite) In Humans
Last updated 1 March 2020 at 00:45
Reading time: 5 min
Quite a dangerous tape parasite. Both people and animals are susceptible to infection. The only difference is that the bovine tapeworm in humans is in the adult stage, while in cattle it reaches the stage of larval development and leaves the body for further development. Even the length that the parasite reaches in a person is simply amazing.
And with such dimensions, it causes a lot of harm not only to individual organs, but also to human life.
- 1 Life cycle of a bovine tapeworm
- 2 Bovine tapeworm infection
- 3 Bovine tapeworm: symptoms and signs
- 4 What is teniarinhoz
- 5 How to get tested for bull tapeworm
6 Treatment of tapeworms
6.1 Similar articles
Bovine tapeworm life cycle
What does the tapeworm, which is called bovine tapeworm, look like in the human body and how does it develop?
Let's start with the moment how people can become infected with bovine tapeworm, and how it penetrates the body.
The most, perhaps, the parasite, unique in its structure. Its average length is up to 12 meters. And this is not the limit. It can be, like all helminths, in the intestines. The term of stay reaches 20 years. But not in the form of eggs, which is interesting.
The torn off parts of the body, proglottids, continue life on their own outside the worm and are excreted into the external environment. They can be counted up to 8 pieces daily. And from each such part of the hermaphrodite, up to 150 thousand eggs appear.
At the next stage, the process of infection of cattle takes place, which, together with the grass, swallows eggs or proglottids. Development continues in the intestines of animals, where the six-haired larva, the oncosphere, is formed from eggs and penetrates into all organs through the circulatory system.
Finky, the next stage, which will subsequently provoke the symptoms of bovine tapeworm in humans. It is she who gets into the final owner. Poorly processed livestock meat is one of the causes of potential infection for humans.
Reaching the small intestine, another stage of development begins. The finca's head turns away, and the bubble at the end falls off. A new tape parasite is formed from the head. Reaching an adult, the entire life cycle of a bovine tapeworm in and out of the body is repeated again.
Bovine tapeworm infection
After getting into the environment with feces, tapeworm proglottids, tapeworm segments, do not lose motor function. They can move for some time, spreading eggs around. The larvae, the finns, are already inside and are ready for the onset of infection.
They can survive during sharp temperature fluctuations up to 30 ° C of cold and heat, they do not die under the snow. Animals become the first victim, a temporary host, into which the parasite enters. They can become carriers for up to 2-3 months.
How does the tapeworm get into the human body:
- raw, poorly processed, low-quality cattle meat;
- horsefly female. It feeds on the blood of mammals and infects humans;
- vegetables, herbs from the garden;
- contaminated sand, grass, soil.
Most often, the parasite is observed in women, since they spend most of their time in the kitchen and preparing food. Even dirty hands and clothes can carry tapeworm eggs.
Bovine tapeworm: symptoms and signs
Chronic or prolonged exposure of the tapeworm leads to a dangerous disease of teniarinhoses.
At this stage, the bovine tapeworm provokes severe symptoms in humans:
- violation of the musculoskeletal system;
- ulcerative lesions of the duodenum;
- intestinal obstruction;
- low blood pressure;
For pregnant women, the effects of infection and prolonged exposure to tapeworm can lead to fetal death or health problems:
- natural termination of pregnancy;
- premature birth.
If a tape parasite is found, the woman is hospitalized for further examination and a possible prognosis of the course of pregnancy.
It is important to remember if periodically there is heartburn, nausea, acute abdominal and stomach pains, it is possible that bovine tapeworm has entered the body. An urgent appeal to medical professionals and specialists is necessary.
How to get tested for bull tapeworm
Symptoms characteristic of disturbances in the work of the stomach and intestines, among experienced doctors, raise suspicions of the presence of a parasite in the body. The frequent cases when the tapeworm independently finds itself in the anus when hatching eggs only confirms this.
But to determine the bovine tapeworm, there are analyzes characteristic of the disease:
- perianal-rectal scraping. It is carried out in the laboratory or independently at home. It provides for the collection of material near the anus. A cotton swab is used for it, less often adhesive tape. In some cases, it is possible at this moment to identify tapeworm proglottids, mature tapeworm segments;
- contrast radiography. An examination method that is carried out with a coloring enzyme that allows tapeworms to be visually displayed on the screen in the form of light stripes. Examination of the small intestine determines the type of tapeworm;
- analysis of feces for worm eggs. In the case of a bull chain, it is effective. Since parasites, one of the stages of the life cycle, live in the intestines. It is very simple to identify mature segments and eggs in the feces;
- flotation method for studying feces. Provides a special laboratory test in addition to a chemical solution. Sheater's solution is placed in a test tube, under the influence of which the parasites rise to the top of the test tube and stand out from the total material of the feces;
- chemical analysis of blood. Indicates changes in the composition of blood serum. Consider the level of leukocytes, hemoglobin.
During reception or examination, tapeworm segments are rarely found in the anal area. Then, they additionally appoint specialists, such as a gastroenterologist and a surgeon.
Modern medications can even cope with tapeworms. For this, manufacturers offer both herbal and chemical medicines to choose from.
Experts propose to carry out another stage of cleansing the body from the toxic effects of tapeworm on organs before treatment.
A course is prescribed for 1-2 weeks:
- Enterosgel. Restores the body after exposure to poisons, toxins. Daily intake - 3 times, 1 package;
- "Male fern extract". Herbal anthelmintic drug. The course is prescribed for 1 day. The daily dosage is 4-7 grams.
It is recommended at this time to observe the rules of personal hygiene as much as possible: change of underwear, frequent visits to the bathroom, limitation of contact with an infected person, the use of individual hygiene items. Treatment is carried out with medication.
Bovine tapeworm tablets:
- "Fenasal". Capable of paralyzing and inhibiting the tapeworm life cycle. Under the action of the drug, the bovine tapeworm loses the ability to receive nutrients from the body. The daily intake for children under 2 years old is 0.5 grams or 2 tablets. Adults - up to 12 tablets per day;
- "Beltricide". It paralyzes helminths and promotes the penetration of calcium into individuals. Reception is from 40 mg to 75 mg per 1 kg of patient weight. Individual doctor's appointment;
- Praziquantel. The course of use of the drug is designed for 1 day, in more severe cases of infection, the treatment regimen is described by a specialist;
- Pirantel. A gentle preparation. For children from 6 months, I use a suspension - 125 mg. The adult dosage is 500 mg tablets. The duration of the appointment is chosen by the doctor.
In case of an acute lesion with a bovine chain, health therapy is carried out at home. But long-term infection and the diagnosis "Teniarinhoz" require inpatient treatment and hospitalization.
In a hospital, the patient can be up to 3 months under the constant supervision of medical personnel and the delivery of tests.
Popular by topic
Sarcoptic mange. What is the causative agent of the problem. How to determine the presence of an ailment. How to treat sarcoptic mange. What treatment options are offered. Prevention
The first thing worth noting: with the diagnosis "Vegeto-vascular dystonia" (despite the fact that in the International Classification of Diseases, disorders attributable to VSD are defined by the diagnosis "somatoform autonomic dysfunction of the nervous system" (code F45
Coronavirus. Disease distribution map. Human coronavirus symptoms. Means of protection, preventive measures. Medical masks and dez. solutions
Wormwood tincture. A recipe for a healing wormwood tincture. Antihelminthic properties of wormwood. Treatment of opisthorchiasis with wormwood. Treatment of ascariasis and enterobiasis with wormwood
Cleaning of blood vessels. Recipes for cleansing blood vessels. Methods for cleansing blood vessels. Cleaning of blood vessels. Causes of the disease. Contraindications for cleansing blood vessels