Table of contents:
- General information about the anthelmintic drug Vormin
- Release form and composition of the drug Vormin
- Pharmacological properties of the drug Vormin
- Indications for the use of the drug Vormin
- Instructions for the use of tablets Wormin
- Overdose with Vormin
- The use of the drug Vormin in children
- The drug Vormin during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects of the drug Vormin
- Drug interactions with other drugs
- Analogues of the drug Vormin
- Special instructions when using the drug Vormin
- Terms, conditions and price of storage of the drug Vormin
Video: Vormin - Instructions For Use, Indications And Analogues
Wormin is a well-known anthelmintic agent. The drug is prescribed to combat pinworms, whipworms, roundworms, lamblia. The active ingredient in Wormin is mebendazole, which is known for its antiparasitic effect. Dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription, Vormin can be given to children, but this must be done following the advice of a doctor.
The content of the article:
- 1 General information about the anthelmintic drug Vormin
- 2 Release form and composition of the drug Vormin
- 3 Pharmacological properties of the drug Vormin
- 4 Indications for the use of the drug Vormin
- 5 Instructions for the use of Wormin tablets
- 6 Overdose with Vormin
- 7 The use of the drug Vormin in children
- 8 Vormin preparation during pregnancy and lactation
- 9 Side effects of the drug Vormin
- 10 Drug interactions with other drugs
- 11 Analogues of the drug Vormin
- 12 Special instructions when using the drug Vormin
- 13 Terms, conditions and price of storage of the drug Vormin
General information about the anthelmintic drug Vormin
One tablet of Wormin contains 400 mg of albendazole. Analogs are Aldazol, Medizol, Nemozol, Farmoks.
Wormin acts on intestinal helminths - hookworm, pinworms, nekator, tapeworms, strongyloid, hymenolepid, ascaris, trichinella. It is used against cutaneous migrating larvae - capillaria, as well as the treatment of clonorchiasis, gnatostomosis, toxocariasis and giardiasis in children, echinococcus cysts.
The active substance of Vormin is albendazole, it is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract - up to about 5%. If fatty foods are consumed simultaneously with albendazole, its absorption increases several times.
In the liver, albendazole breaks down into toxic metabolites, which tend to accumulate in the body. Do not take Vormin together with Praziquantel, Cimetidine and Dexamethasone), as the accumulation of its metabolites increases several times.
When taking Vormin, you may experience disorders, the instructions for the drug are called side effects: vomiting, stomatitis, dry mouth, heartburn, nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation and diarrhea; headaches, decreased vision, dizziness, drowsiness, and vice versa - insomnia, convulsions, disorientation, confusion, and even hallucinations.
Leukopenia is a blood disorder associated with a decrease in the number of white blood cells (immune cells in the blood), which leads to a decrease in resistance to infections. Pancytopenia is considered a more serious blood disorder, as in this case there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells, platelets and leukocytes.
These blood cells are responsible for the delivery of food and oxygen, as well as for the immune response to the aggression of parasites, bacteria, viruses, fungi. A neglected, chronic stage of blood disease can lead to the death of a person.
In healthy people, taking Vormin causes the following health deviations: impaired digestion and absorption of nutrients, minerals and vitamins - dyspeptic and dyspeptic disorders lead to indigestion and diarrhea); headache, dizziness; toxic liver damage (increased activity of transaminases, alkaline phosphatase, especially with prolonged use; as well as deterioration of the immune parameters of the blood.
When Vormin is taken, allergic reactions such as urticaria and dermatitis may develop. The consequence of toxic damage is the inhibition of hematopoiesis. The diagnosis may sound like pancytopenia, leukopenia.
Vormin during pregnancy is strictly prohibited. If pregnancy is still only planned, a woman should not take vormil, since it has the property of accumulating in the body. Vormin can be prescribed to children only after two years. Unfortunately, childhood is the most vulnerable to helminth infection.
Vormin is prescribed for cleansing pinworms, ascaris, whipworm, intestinal acne, nekator, lamblia. With giardiasis, the doctor recommends taking one tablet of Wormin for five days, although the development cycle of lamblia is 30 days. In addition, Giardia can develop drug resistance very quickly.
Release form and composition of the drug Vormin
The drug Vormin is produced only in tablet form. The tablet has a round, flat shape, light orange in color, with a slight vanillin odor. Placed in six pieces in a canal currency. In total in a box from one to four blisters.
1 tablet contains active ingredient: mebendazole 100 mg. Auxiliary components: calcium hydrogen phosphate, corn starch, gelatin, purified talc, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, vanillin (Monsanto), sunset yellow dye, orange DC116A.
Pharmacological properties of the drug Vormin
The drug Vormin is intended for oral administration and has a pronounced anthelmintic effect.
The main active ingredient of the tablet is mebendazole, it has a broad spectrum antihelminthic property, however, its maximum effective is observed in relation to the causative agents of enterobiasis.
When the tablet enters the gastrointestinal tract, the active active components of the drug are rapidly absorbed. Mebendazole causes irreversible processes in the body of helminths and prevents their further movement and reproduction.
Indications for the use of the drug Vormin
Vormin tablets are prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- helminthic infestations caused by enterobiasis, ascariasis, echinococcosis, trichocephalosis;
- when the patient is affected by several types of helminths at once;
- in order to prevent the development of helminthiasis in direct contact with the patient.
Instructions for the use of tablets Wormin
During the treatment of one family member, the rest are advised to drink the medicine for preventive purposes. The medicine is taken orally with plenty of liquid.
The dosage is determined by the doctor on the basis of the laboratory's answers, because depending on the type of parasite in the body, the duration of administration and the required amount of the drug are prescribed. The patient's age, weight, the presence of chronic diseases are also taken into account.
Dosage and duration of treatment with Vormin tablets:
- with trichocephalosis, strongyloidosis, teniasis, ascariasis, ankylostomiasis and mixed type of invasion: you need to drink 100 mg twice a day, for three days;
- with echinococcosis: 500 mg, morning and evening, during the first three days, then 500 mg, but three times, 3 more days. From the 7th day at 25-30 mg / kg, this dose should be divided into three or four doses;
- with trichinosis: from 200 to 400 mg three times a day, for three days. From the fourth to the tenth day, 400 to 500 mg, three times a day.
Three weeks later, he will repeat the treatment in order to avoid re-infection and destroy the parasites that have turned from eggs into adults.
Overdose with Vormin
In case of an overdose, a change in the clinical picture of blood is noted, in particular, an increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases, leukopenia, and iron deficiency anemia.
With the development of such phenomena, drug therapy is stopped, sorbents are taken, and a doctor is consulted.
With a significant excess of the dose of the drug indicated in the instructions or long-term uncontrolled treatment, patients may experience an overdose with Vormin.
There is no specific antidote. If necessary, the patient's stomach is washed and symptomatic treatment is performed.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms appear:
- nausea and vomiting; stomach ache;
- flatulence; diarrhea;
- increased salivation;
- lack of appetite;
- severe headaches.
The use of the drug Vormin in children
The main contraindication for use is children under two years of age. Children between the ages of two and ten are given the medicine once, ½ or ¼ part of a tablet.
From the age of ten, you can already give the full dosage - 100 mg. This dosage is relevant in the presence of pinworms. For other forms of invasion, it is necessary to prolong therapy in accordance with the recommendations of the pediatrician.
The drug Vormin during pregnancy and lactation
The remedy is contraindicated for use in pregnant women. Studies on the effect of the drug on fetal development have not been conducted. Although the active substance acts exclusively in the intestines, it practically does not enter the bloodstream, it is prohibited to use it.
Treatment of invasion during pregnancy occurs with the use of other medicines. It is forbidden to carry out treatment while breastfeeding. While taking the drug, feeding is stopped and resumed a day after the last dose is consumed.
Side effects of the drug Vormin
The drug Vormin must be taken according to the instructions, as there may be consequences when taking the drug.
When taking Vormin, there may be side effects:
- from the digestive system: rarely - nausea, abdominal pain; when used in high doses for a long time, vomiting, diarrhea, a transient increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases in the blood serum are possible;
- from the side of the central nervous system: rarely - dizziness; when used in high doses for a long time - headache;
- on the part of the hematopoietic system: when used in high doses for a long time, leukopenia, anemia, eosinophilia are possible;
- from the urinary system: when used in high doses for a long time - hematuria, cylindruria;
- others: when used in high doses for a long time - allergic reactions, hair loss.
Drug interactions with other drugs
Mebendazole reduces the need for insulin in diabetic patients.
With simultaneous use, cimetidine can increase, and carbamazepine and other metabolic inducers can reduce the concentration of mebendazole in the blood.
Avoid co-administration of mebendazole with lipophilic substances.
Analogues of the drug Vormin
The drug contains mebendazole, which can be found in more than ten other drugs. Therefore, it can be replaced with another medication, if not available at the pharmacy, the main thing is to pay attention to the dosage.
You can also purchase a remedy with another active ingredient that will have a similar therapeutic effect. But in this case, you should consult with your doctor, which one is right for you. When choosing analogs, pay attention to the cost, sometimes their price will be more than 300 rubles.
Analogs that contain mebendazole:
- Mebazol; Vermox;
- Mebendazole; Telkmox;
Special instructions when using the drug Vormin
You do not need to take additional laxatives while taking this drug. During pregnancy, the attending physician may prescribe Vormin, but only if the expected therapeutic effect outweighs the potential risk.
The manufacturer does not recommend taking this drug during this period and during lactation. The instructions indicate that there is a likelihood of a negative effect of the main active ingredient - mebendazole on fetal development (various forms of developmental anomalies).
Vormin is not prescribed for children under 5 years of age. After completing the course of taking Vormin, it is necessary to conduct a mandatory study of feces and anal swabs for the presence of parasites.
The therapy is recognized as effective if, 7 days after the last pill was consumed, neither the helminths themselves nor their eggs were found. Patients with diabetes mellitus during treatment with Vormin may notice a reduced need for insulin.
Terms, conditions and price of storage of the drug Vormin
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription. The shelf life of the tablets is 2 years. Store the drug out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees in its original packaging. The average cost of Vormin in pharmacies in Moscow is 160-200 rubles.
Find out more:
- Akrikhin - instructions for use, indications and dosage
- Piperazine - instructions for use, indications and dosage
- Nemozol - instructions for use, indications and dosage