Table of contents:
- Worms in children. How a child becomes infected with worms
- Worms in children. Symptoms of worms in children
- Basic principles of the treatment of worms in children
- Worms in children. Preparation for treatment with folk remedies for worms of children
- Worms in children. How can you deal with worms in a child using folk remedies
- Folk remedies that are contraindicated for children
- Disadvantages of alternative methods in the treatment of worms in children
- Worms in children. Folk antihelminthic remedies for children
- Prevention of worms in children
- Worms in children. Tips:
Video: Worms In Children: Folk Remedies And Treatment Methods
Worms in children. A parasitic disease is caused by a whole group of different worms. More than three types of flatworms, nematodosis roundworms, hairy worms, scrapers and annelids can become the "culprits" of the baby's painful condition. The defeat of any of them will be called helminthiasis. Harmful microorganisms often attack the child's body. Folk remedies for worms for children are a sure way to defeat parasites without harming the baby's health. There are many remedies based on folk recipes for cleansing the body. For these purposes, you can use pumpkin seeds, carrots, pomegranates, onions, garlic, herbs. Before using this or that remedy, it is advisable to consult a doctor, as uncontrolled use of ingredients can be dangerous.
The content of the article:
- 1 Worms in children. How a child becomes infected with worms
- 2 Worms in children. Symptoms of worms in children
- 3 Basic principles of the treatment of worms in children
- 4 Worms in children. Preparation for treatment with folk remedies for worms of children
- 5 Worms in children. How can you deal with worms in a child using folk remedies
- 6 Folk remedies that are contraindicated for children
- 7 Disadvantages of alternative methods in the treatment of worms in children
8 Worms in children. Folk antihelminthic remedies for children
- 8.1 Vegetable oil from worms in children
- 8.2 Pumpkin seed from worms in children
- 8.3 Beetroot juice for worms in children
- 8.4 Garlic from worms in children
- 8.5 Tea with pharmacy chamomile for worms in children
- 8.6 Wormwood from worms in children
- 8.7 Carrots and carrot juice from worms for children
- 9 Prevention of worms in children
- 10 Worms in children. Tips:
Worms in children. How a child becomes infected with worms
The ingestion of pinworm eggs in the gastrointestinal tract causes infection. They are ejected into the external environment with contaminated feces. Egg shells are highly resilient in the environment and small in size.
The baby's curiosity is realized with his fingers, the child, learning about the world, actively touches everything that comes under his arm and immediately pulls into his mouth, trying for strength and taste. Thus, pinworm eggs safely enter the digestive tract of their future small host.
The child's body has weak defense reactions against parasites, which leads to their active reproduction. A child becomes infected with the eggs of worms from the surface of unwashed fruits, when drinking contaminated water.
Very often, infection occurs when communicating with animals, or when playing in the ground, sandpit, where cats and dogs like to solve their physiological problems. After a walk, children often do not wash their hands, and all the dirt, along with parasitic eggs, gets into their mouths. Therefore, all children suffer from parasitic diseases.
Worms in children. Symptoms of worms in children
Worms in children. Signs of helminthic invasion depend on the type of helminth, the number of eggs caught and the state of the child's defenses. The symptomatic picture can manifest itself in different ways. If a child has been infected with a large number of eggs of parasitic worms, then after a few days a sharp deterioration may occur.
In milder cases, the first symptoms of the invasion appear after several weeks or even months. Much depends on the child's immunity. He may well cope with parasites and restrain their development. But gradually the defenses are reduced, and worms infect the body, causing serious problems.
Specific additional signs of pinworm infestation in a child: nocturnal anal itching caused by skin irritation at the time the female helminth crawls out to lay eggs; scratching of the skin around the anus, due to severe itching; girls have signs of inflammation of the external genital organs.
Specific signs of infection of a child with roundworms: dry cough, symptoms of bronchitis, pneumonia, pleura; enlargement of parenchymal organs and lymph nodes. The first signs are symptoms of poisoning (intoxication).
The vital activity of worms is accompanied by the release of a large number of animal toxins that can poison the child's body. In the intestines, parasitic worms use nutrients, as a result of which the baby gradually becomes deficient in proteins, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins.
Only laboratory diagnostics can determine helminthiasis in a child with 100% accuracy, which will establish the type of parasite that has entered the child's body. But the parents should be the one to sound the alarm. It is quite difficult not to notice the external manifestations of the disease:
- Itching and irritation in the anus. Combing can sometimes be seen. Itching becomes worse before night;
- Skin rashes, rashes of various types;
- Puffiness of the face;
- Weight loss in the absence of diet or other reasons for losing weight;
- Loss of appetite, change in food preferences;
- The appearance of dark circles under the eyes;
- Grinding teeth during sleep;
- Increased salivation, including at night;
- Peeling of the skin on the legs and arms;
- Digestive disorders, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain;
- General malaise, decreased activity, chronic fatigue;
- Changes in behavior and mood. The child begins to be capricious for no apparent reason, cry, get angry, irritated, and his night sleep may be disturbed.
All these symptoms are extremely rare in one child. Depending on the type of parasite, the baby usually shows 2-4 symptoms from the above list.
These general complaints are typical for the clinic of both enterobiasis and ascariasis.
Basic principles of the treatment of worms in children
Worms in children. In order for the effectiveness of the treatment of worms in a child to be positive, you need to follow some principles of treatment for worms.
The basic principles of the treatment of worms in children:
- therapy is prescribed depending on the type of parasite that caused the disease. For example, the popular antihelminthic agent for children, Pirantel, is highly effective for ascariasis, enterobiasis, and some other types of helminthiasis, but has absolutely no effect on strongyloidosis;
- the duration of taking the drug also depends on the type of parasitic worms. In some cases, the disease is caused by several types of worms at once, which requires a longer intake of drugs in higher dosages than usual;
- in a severe course of the disease, additional symptomatic treatment is required, therapy for extraintestinal manifestations of helminthiasis should be carried out. If necessary, patients receive antiallergic, anticonvulsant drugs.
Worms in children. Preparation for treatment with folk remedies for worms of children
Worms in children. The use of folk remedies for worms allows you to destroy and remove from the body any types of worms. Unlike pharmaceuticals, the action of which is aimed at destroying a certain type of worms, treatment with folk remedies allows you to remove almost any worms from the body.
Traditional treatment involves the use of various medications that can kill parasites in a short period of time. However, the action of most of them is aimed at destroying only certain types of parasites. Folk remedies for worms for humans are absolutely safe and allow you to fight all types of worms.
To get rid of worms with folk remedies, you must start with the preparation of the body. The preparatory phase lasts for a week. Throughout its entire length, it is recommended to take pumpkin oil, which will help remove the waste products of helminths. Oil is taken 1 tablespoon before meals three times a day.
Only after that you can start treatment, during which it is necessary to take herbs from worms and parasites. Moreover, not only herbs, but also many food products have antiparasitic properties. How to remove worms with their help will be discussed below.
It should be remembered that it is necessary to get rid not only of parasites, but also of the products of their vital activity, which daily poison the body. For this, a recovery stage is provided, during which the intake of vitamin herbal infusions is recommended.
In the course of treatment for parasites, diet is shown. It provides for the exclusion of sugar, any sweets, fatty, fried and smoked foods from the diet. The basis of the diet should be cereals, dairy products, fruits and vegetables.
For the treatment to be as effective as possible, it should include several stages:
- preparatory stage: required to remove toxins from the body;
- further treatment is carried out;
- recovery stage: allows you to restore the functions of internal organs and the immune system.
Worms in children. How can you deal with worms in a child using folk remedies
Worms in children. There are quite a few folk remedies for dealing with worms in children (and in adults), but some of them are based on myths and legends. Let's say right away: various whispers and conspiracies seem to be ineffective. As for the preparation of decoctions, tinctures and other forms of "folk remedies", it takes a lot of time. Making a child drink them afterwards is also not an easy task. But the main thing is that the treatment of worms in children with herbs can be dangerous! For example, celandine juice used to expel ascaris can cause severe poisoning, and an enema with garlic can burn the rectum.
At the same time, it is unreasonable to indiscriminately deny the benefits of some traditional folk recipes. So, when treating with antihelminthic drugs, it is very useful to use pumpkin and watermelon seeds, walnuts, carrots, onions, garlic, wild strawberries, and pomegranate juice. The undoubted advantage of these funds is their non-toxicity. Also used decoctions and teas from St. John's wort, elecampane - these funds enhance the effect of medications.
It is also important that, even if it is possible to kill the parasite with folk remedies, then its decomposition can cause poisoning of the body, therefore, when treating with "grandmother's recipes", laxatives and enemas should be used. In short, it is better to refuse from the treatment of worms in children with the majority of "reliable folk remedies".
Folk remedies that are contraindicated for children
Worms in children. For children, in the treatment of worms with folk methods, it is not recommended to use medications based on sorrel and walnuts.
The funds are contraindicated for children:
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of unripe walnuts pre-grind, pour 1 tbsp. boiling water (slightly salted), let it brew for half an hour, then strain. Drink the broth during the day, while taking laxatives. Very effective against tapeworm, roundworm and pinworms;
- Boil 1 kg of common sorrel with 1 liter of boiling water in a water bath, then add 50 g of sugar. Cook until reduced in volume to 1 glass, drink several sips (1-2) before meals.
Disadvantages of alternative methods in the treatment of worms in children
Worms in children. When treating worms in children with folk methods, there are disadvantages and contraindications.
Disadvantages of folk methods:
- usually one plant affects only one type of worm. They are fatal only for adult worms, and the larvae that have emerged from the larvae need to be expelled again after 2 weeks;
- wrong concentration. At a low concentration, the use of the drug is low, at a high concentration, it can harm the health of the child;
- for children, folk methods are much less than for adults;
- we cannot recommend all kinds of herbal decoctions and infusions, since their effect on the child's body has not been sufficiently studied;
- it is forbidden for children to give funds prepared with alcohol or vodka. In these cases, it is better not to experiment, but to give the child a pharmacy medicine.
Worms in children. Folk antihelminthic remedies for children
Vegetable oil from worms in children
Worms in children. Some types of helminths, the most common ones, do not like vegetable oils very much. Therefore, it is possible to be treated with the help of small cotton swabs, which are moistened in warm oil and inserted into the child's anus.
Such procedures can be done at night for a month. This method is good as an adjunct to drug treatment or therapy according to folk recipes.
If the baby does not want to drink oil (and this is rather disgusting, I do not argue), dip a piece of bread in the butter and let it eat half an hour before meals.
The oils most "unloved" by worms are linseed, hemp, grape, sea buckthorn, apricot, cedar, oil obtained from milk thistle seeds. You can add oil by mouth to the tampons in the ass. A teaspoon before each meal.
Pumpkin seed for worms in children
Worms in children. This is a well-known remedy for worms. An older child can be given whole seeds. In the morning, offer the child to eat 300 grams before breakfast. peeled seeds, and after 30 minutes give a dose of laxative. Dead parasites will come out with feces. For young children, peeled pumpkin seeds can be ground and mixed with a spoonful of honey.
Pumpkin seeds are contraindicated for children under 3 years old. If the child flatly refuses to eat pumpkin seeds, you can prepare a milk drink based on them. To do this, 150-200 g of seeds, peeled and weighed after cleaning, must be ground with a blender or coffee grinder to a powdery state.
Boil half a liter of milk, stirring, add pumpkin powder there, let it brew, strain through several layers of gauze and give this drink to the baby several times a day, 40-45 minutes before a meal.
Beetroot juice for worms in children
Beetroot juice is a time-tested treatment. You can drink it before every meal for an hour. In order for the child to take such juice more willingly, you can mix a spoonful of honey into it, naturally, provided that the child is not allergic to bee products.
Garlic from worms in children
Worms in children. This is another very famous and popular "fighter" against parasites of various origins. It is good for prevention - as a seasoning for food. A child with helminthiasis will most likely refuse to eat pure garlic. Therefore, you can make him a milk drink with garlic.
You can make an enema on the basis of the cloves, for which the head of garlic will need to be crushed to a mushy state and mixed with one and a half liters of water. You need to put an enema once a day, before going to bed. You can use low-fat cow's milk instead of water.
Squeeze 2-3 large cloves into half a liter of milk, previously boiled and cooled to a warm state. You can give this drink up to 4 times a day, 50 grams. before eating.
Tea with pharmaceutical chamomile for worms in children
Worms in children. Brew the dry mixture of herbs in a glass of boiling water, let it brew, strain and give to the child 3 times a day.
Chamomile itself does not cope with helminths, but somewhat reduces the negative effects of parasites on the body, increases immunity, and therefore can be used as an adjuvant in treatment.
Wormwood from worms in children
A very useful plant in the treatment of worms, but it should be used with great care in children. For the broth, you need to take a certain amount of dried and finely chopped herbs, depending on the age of the child. For children under 3 years old - 1 g., For children under 5-6 years old - 1.5 g., From 6 to 10 years old, no more than 2 g is recommended, for teenagers not more than 3.5 g.
Parasites do not like bitter food and drink, but children also do not like it, and therefore you can add a spoonful of jam or honey to the wormwood broth.
The broth is prepared in a water bath. The amount of water for the broth is not more than 300 gr. After half an hour of cooking, the resulting liquid should be cooled, filtered and given to the child in large portions instead of tea once a day. The average course of treatment will be about five days. Before using a decoction of wormwood, it is advisable to make an enema, cleanse the intestines.
Carrots and carrot juice for worms for children
Worms in children. Carrot essential oils affect the muscle activity of the most common worms that affect the child's body. The worms move towards the anus, and with a constant increase in the concentration of the essential oil of carrots, they become paralyzed in the rectum.
After that, they are easily removed with a chair, since they cannot resist. For a targeted carrot course, give your child as much grated carrots and carrot juice as he can eat or drink within 2 days. After that, for several weeks, give the child 250 ml of carrot juice daily for breakfast.
Prevention of worms in children
Worms in children. Tips:
- If one child is infected with helminthiasis in a family, all household members, without exception, should undergo appropriate treatment. You should also seek advice from a veterinarian to prescribe antiparasitic treatment for all pets who live in the same apartment with people.
- After recovery, it is advisable to take a feces and blood test several times at a frequency of once a month. This will help make sure that the parasites have been completely dealt with and prevent relapse.
- Before starting to use folk remedies, be sure to consult a pediatrician to avoid negative consequences, because some herbs can cause severe allergies. In addition, as we have already found out, helminthiasis can be caused by various parasites, in order to fight them more effectively, it is advisable to know exactly what type of worms settled in the child's body.
- So, garlic and wormwood are good for pinworms, for tapeworms - the use of salted herring and pumpkin seed, for ascaris - a decoction of white mistletoe. Flax seeds and birch buds and leaves help with almost all types of parasites.
- Teach your child to drink bottled or boiled water. Avoid using spring water and tap water. The waterway of transmission is one of the most common cases of helminthiasis.
In addition, as we have already found out, helminthiasis can be caused by various parasites, in order to fight them more effectively, it is advisable to know exactly what type of worms settled in the child's body.
So, garlic and wormwood are good for pinworms, for tapeworms - the use of salted herring and pumpkin seed, for ascaris - a decoction of white mistletoe. Flax seeds and birch buds and leaves help with almost all types of parasites.
Worms in children. Teach your child to drink bottled or boiled water. Avoid using spring water and tap water. The waterway of transmission is one of the most common cases of helminthiasis.
From early childhood, a child should be taught to wash his hands before eating, after returning from a walk, change underwear every day, wash fruits before eating, less often contact with pets, especially if they go out for a walk. Teach your child not to swallow water when swimming in pools, and especially in natural waters.
Find out more:
- Worms in a child - treatment and prevention of infection
- A child has worms - causes, signs, symptoms and treatment
- Pinworms in children - symptoms, treatment, alternative methods
- Ascariasis in children - causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Ascariasis in children: causes, symptoms and treatment
- Helminthic invasion in children: symptoms, drugs and treatment
- Worm medicine for children - the most effective drugs
- Treatment of worms in children with folk remedies
- Worms in babies - symptoms and treatment
- Worms in a child - symptoms and treatment