Table of contents:
- General information about pomegranate
- Useful properties of pomegranate
- Pomegranate bark in folk medicine
- Composition of pomegranate peel
- How to dry pomegranate peels
- Useful properties of pomegranate peels
- Pomegranate peel for the gastrointestinal tract in folk medicine
- Pomegranate peels for burns in folk medicine
- Other Uses of Pomegranate Peels in Traditional Medicine
- Contraindications and harm of pomegranate peels
Video: Pomegranate Peels - Composition, Application And Recipes
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Pomegranate peels. Pomegranate is an exotic fruit that is not only consumed for taste, but also used to maintain beauty and health. Pomegranate skins, the beneficial properties of which are characterized by a rich set of vitamins and microelements, are most often used as a decoction. It is not difficult to prepare it at home, so this folk remedy is used by many people.
The content of the article:
- 1 General information about the pomegranate
- 2 Useful properties of pomegranate
- 3 Pomegranate bark in folk medicine
- 4 Composition of pomegranate peel
- 5 How to dry pomegranate peels
- 6 Useful properties of pomegranate peels
- 7 Pomegranate peels for the digestive tract in traditional medicine
- 8 Pomegranate peel for burns in folk medicine
9 Other Uses of Pomegranate Peels in Traditional Medicine
9.1 Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels for a cure in 1 week
- 10 Contraindications and harm of pomegranate peels
General information about pomegranate
Pomegranate is a well-known fruit with a sweet and sour taste, which in reality is not a fruit at all, but a real berry. Some people love pomegranate for its taste, others - for its beneficial properties, which we will discuss in this article.
The size of a pomegranate is the size of a large orange, and its skin can be red or pink. At the top of the fruit there are sepals in the form of a crown. Pomegranates are grown in the southern United States, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Pomegranate peels. Absolutely all of its components are endowed with medicinal qualities in pomegranate, namely: bark, leaves, flowers, peel, pulp and seeds of fruits, a light layer between them, as well as juice from pomegranate fruits.
Pomegranate in general is very useful, as it combines various vitamins (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, ascorbic acid, rutin, alpha-tocopherol, F and K), minerals (iodine, iron, manganese, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium and phosphorus), amino acids (there are about 15 of them), organic acids (malic and citric, tartaric and oxalic, succinic, boric, etc.), phenol carboxylic acids, phenolic compounds, steroids, phytoncides, pectin, tanning substances, fructose and glucose, fiber and other important components.
Useful properties of pomegranate
Pomegranate peels. Pomegranate fruits contain vitamins C, B6, B12, P, fiber, minerals and trace elements: calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, iodine, iron, sodium.
Pomegranate juice contains from 8 to 20% sugar (glucose and fructose), up to 10% citric, malic, tartaric, oxalic, boric, succinic and other organic acids, phytoncides, nitrogenous and tannins, ash, tannin, sulfate, chloride and other salts.
It is not recommended to drink pomegranate juice for children under one year old, as it contains a lot of organic acids - which can irritate the stomach. And people with increased secretion of gastric juice, gastritis and ulcers are allowed to drink juice only diluted with water.
Pomegranate juice is good for colds: respiratory infections, sore throat, cough, fights high fever, is an anti-inflammatory agent. Diluted juice is advised to gargle with sore throat.
Pomegranates are good at quenching thirst, stimulating appetite, promoting the formation of erythrocytes and the production of hemoglobin, and are an excellent biogenic stimulant. Children who often use pomegranates are distinguished by their quick-wittedness and strength.
Pomegranate perfectly strengthens the immune system, the walls of blood vessels, the nervous system, and improves blood formation. It is also recommended for the elderly and people who have undergone surgery.
Pomegranate juice is a red hematopoietic agent, recommended for diseases of the circulatory system, heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, helps to normalize blood pressure. According to recent studies, the estrogens in pomegranate can relieve menopause symptoms in women and fight depression.
Pomegranate juice contains 15 amino acids, almost half of which can only be found in meat products. Thus, pomegranate is simply an irreplaceable product for vegetarians who must replace animal proteins with vegetable ones. In addition, amino acids are a vital component of our body.
Pomegranate peels. After entering the body, amino acids are absorbed into the blood. From amino acids, the cells of our body synthesize protein - the basis of human life. Protein is an irreplaceable building material (blood cells, skin, mucous membranes, intestines), participates in hormonal processes, metabolism, protective and receptor reactions - creating new healthy young cells.
Natural amino acids that have entered our body are actively fighting at the cellular level with degenerated, pathological cells; suppress and establish negative processes in the body. Drinking pomegranate juice protects against cancer. It is especially recommended to drink it for people who have undergone irradiation, people who work with radioactive isotopes or live in a zone of high radiation.
Pomegranate juice is an excellent remedy against scurvy, atherosclerosis, urine acid diathesis, headaches and gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea.
Pomegranate peels. An infusion of flowers and pomegranate fruits is one of the best proven ancient hemostatic agents. With hypertension, regular consumption of pomegranate fruits gradually reduces blood pressure in hypertensive patients. It is also recommended for diseases of bronchial asthma, anemia and malaria.
For very young children, the juice is diluted 1/1 with water and 1 teaspoon is given for a couple of days, while observing whether an allergy has appeared. Then a break for a week and a couple of days for 2 teaspoons …
Pomegranate juice is useful for diabetes, drinking 60 drops of juice 4 times a day before meals will significantly reduce blood sugar levels. You can be convinced of this by passing the tests, after 3 days of drinking the juice.
The bitter-tasting pomegranate peel is considered a good remedy for fixing the stomach in case of disorders: 5 g of pomegranate bark are poured into 0.5 cups of boiling water, infused for 20 minutes and filtered. Take 0.5-1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day. A decoction of the peel and flowers of pomegranate is widely used as an anti-inflammatory agent for gargling.
Decoction of pomegranate peel can be used for inflammation of the kidneys, liver, joints, ears and eyes. Dried peel, ground into powder, fried with butter or olive oil is used in cosmetology for oily skin, acne or purulent eruptions. And also to treat burns, cracks and scratches.
Pomegranate peels. The white bridges separating the pomegranate grains are dried and added to teas. They help to balance the nervous system, relieve anxiety, agitation, relieve insomnia. Juice from pomegranate seeds has a choleretic and diuretic effect, therefore it is useful for diseases of the kidneys and liver; it is also a good pain reliever and anti-inflammatory agent.
In Caucasian cuisine, condensed (boiled) pomegranate juice is popular, which serves as a seasoning for various dishes. Vegetable and meat dishes acquire a unique taste thanks to pomegranate juice.
In medicine, the peel of fruits, flowers, bark and pomegranate seeds are used from them to make various medications, tinctures and decoctions for the treatment of anemia, diarrhea, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, burns and other diseases.
Pomegranate peels. Seeds are an excellent stimulant for lazy intestines and a source of valuable pomegranate oil. It protects against cancer and rejuvenates as it is rich in fat-soluble vitamins F and E.
Pomegranate bark in folk medicine
In folk medicine, the bark of the pomegranate tree, its branches and roots is used. A decoction of pomegranate bark can be a good remedy for joint problems (with arthritis, polyarthritis) and kidneys (for example, with cystitis or pyelonephritis).
How to prepare this healthy drink? You need to take 2 tsp. ground pomegranate bark and pour 1 glass of hot water. After that, the mixture must be kept in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes. The resulting thick mass must be squeezed out and filtered to make a broth. Pour 1 glass of water into the resulting broth. Take 50 ml 3 times daily before meals.
Pomegranate peels. Outwardly, such a decoction can be used as a rinse for the oral cavity with bleeding and various inflammatory processes.
A decoction of pomegranate bark is also used for helminthiasis. To obtain it, you need to take 50 g of the same crushed bark and pour 2 glasses of water over it. Insist for 6 hours. Then boil and evaporate the liquid to 1 cup. Strain and cool. Take 1 glass of the broth for 1 hour. After 30 minutes, drink a medicine with a laxative effect. An enema can be done after about 5 hours.
Any decoctions made from pomegranate bark should be taken with caution, as it also contains toxins. With an excessive dosage, poisoning may occur, accompanied by a strong increase in pressure and, as a result, weakness, headache, dizziness.
Composition of pomegranate peel
Pomegranate peels. Pomegranate itself has an enviable composition. It contains more than a dozen amino acids, a large vitamin and mineral range. Pomegranate contains a set of organic acids, fiber, tannins. It contains anthocyanins, which give a "pomegranate" color, and phytoncides.
The peel of a pomegranate is its pericarp, tightly embracing all the "valuable cargo" and also received some of the useful components.
Pomegranate peels contain:
- tannins (tannins, catechins);
- coloring compounds (anthocyanins);
- ursolic acid;
- mineral elements (calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, aluminum, etc.).
Tannins in the peel of red fruit are about 30%. Also in the shell of pomegranate there are natural antioxidants - polyphenols. Polyphenols have a good effect on fat metabolism, good for the heart and blood, for gums and skin, and improve wound healing. Together, this set of substances is beneficial for the intestines.
How to dry pomegranate peels
Pomegranate peels. You can buy pomegranate peels at specialty stores or pharmacies. But, if you regularly consume these berries, you can dry the skin yourself. It is necessary to spread it out on a clean sheet of paper, ensuring the flow of air. Do not leave the peel in the sun. Leave it at room temperature until dry.
If you have a lot of skins, or you need to dry them quickly, you can do this using an electric dryer. In this case, the temperature should be set to no more than 50 ° C.
After they begin to break and crunch, you can grind them with a coffee grinder or crush them in a mortar.
Finished crusts or crushed raw materials must be placed in glass containers and tightly covered with a lid. They must be stored in a shaded and dry place at a temperature of 15-25 ° C for no more than 3 years.
Useful properties of pomegranate peels
Useful properties of pomegranate peels:
- heal the heart: Because pomegranate peels are rich in antioxidants, they protect the body from the oxidation of low-density cholesterol molecules. Oxidative stress accompanying this process is one of the key factors in the development of heart disease. This is why it is so important to consume as many antioxidant-rich foods as possible;
- remove toxins from the body; antioxidants are again responsible for the detoxification properties of pomegranate peels, which remove harmful substances from the body painlessly and quickly. This product is also considered to be a liver aid. For oral hygiene. Pomegranate peel extract is often found in tooth powders and pastes that eliminate bad breath. You can also make a homemade medicine: 4 g of powder obtained from pomegranate peels, dilute with water and rinse twice a day;
- cough and sore throat remedy:In folk medicine, pomegranate peels have long been used to relieve a sore throat. The peel, crushed to a powdery state, is mixed with water and the throat is washed with this composition. Combining with ginger and tulsi leaves will make a homemade cough remedy more effective. Another easy-to-prepare cough suppressant contains Himalayan pink salt. For 8 parts of crushed pomegranate peels, use 1 part salt. Add enough water to make a thick paste. Roll small balls out of it. Take them one at a time, 3 times a day (suck in your mouth). For a child's cough, you can let the child hold a regular dried crust in their mouth. A rich source of vitamin C. As you know, natural, "live" vitamin C is much more useful than synthetic. And pomegranate peel is one of the richest sources of this vitamin (also, by the way,antioxidant). Let me remind you that it promotes wound healing, participates in the formation of scar tissue, is useful for the health of cartilage, bones and teeth;
- for bleeding: for heavy menstrual bleeding, mix 1 tsp. crushed pomegranate zest with water at room temperature and take 2 times a day. This recipe is also suitable for stopping other types of bleeding. In case of exacerbations of hemorrhoids, 8 g of powder from dried crusts is diluted with water. Take in the morning and evening until it feels better.
Pomegranate peel for the gastrointestinal tract in folk medicine
Pomegranate peels. The main effect of pomegranate peel is in its action on the digestive tract. It is a proven remedy for diarrhea, dysentery, intestinal disorders, and lesions of the intestinal mucosa. Georgian scientists were engaged in the extract of pomegranate peels.
The drug they created has passed clinical trials. Positive results were obtained in the treatment of enteritis (including chronic). The extract also helped with gastrointestinal disorders in children.
A decoction with pomegranate peels helps with colitis and diarrhea. This traditional medicine is suitable for those who, for some reason, cannot use modern medicines.
Pomegranate peels for burns in folk medicine
It is important to eliminate inflammation and speed up healing. First, the burn is wiped with diluted pomegranate juice. Then sprinkle with pomegranate peel powder.
The beneficial properties of the pomegranate peel are also shown in case of burns.
A crust forms under the gauze bandage, and regeneration will go faster. Also, for wounds and burns, an alcoholic tincture of pomegranate peels is used.
Other Uses of Pomegranate Peels in Traditional Medicine
Pomegranate peels. Apart from these basic ones, there are several other uses for pomegranate peels. The broth can be used for hemoptysis, with heavy periods.
A separate question is how effective pomegranate peels are against parasites. On the one hand, some alkaloids in the pomegranate shell can give an anthelmintic effect. So peltierin, isopeltierin suppress tape worms.
A decoction of the crusts is often used by traditional medicine. At the same time, modern science still considers this effect of pomegranate peel controversial.
Pomegranate peels are said to help in the treatment of eyes, ears, liver, that with their help you can overcome an ulcer and typhoid fever. However, in these cases, other active ingredients are also present in folk recipes. This means that the pomegranate peel can only have an auxiliary effect. That is, it is astringent, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing.
Pomegranate rinse is good for hair. The product removes dandruff, hair grows better. Pomegranate peels give the hair a dark tone. Masks with peel powder eliminate facial wrinkles and blackheads.
Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels for healing in 1 week
To cure in 1 week from: stomach ulcers; intestinal ulcers (small intestine); colitis (inflammation in the colon); dysbiosis - use an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels as follows:
- after insisting 25-30 minutes, start drinking. During the day, drink about half of the water infusion (90-100 ml) in 4 doses in approximately equal portions and at approximately equal intervals of time, that is, approximately 20-25 ml per dose. Drink on an empty stomach, with the 1st intake in the morning, after sleep, and the 4th intake at night, before bedtime;
- drink an aqueous infusion not every day of the week, but every other day, that is, on days 1, 3, 5, 7 - drink the infusion, and on days 2, 4, 6 - do not drink the infusion (rest from treatment);
- this is enough for a complete cure. But if someone, for reassurance, wants to continue treatment, for example, stomach ulcers, then you can repeat the weekly course of treatment no earlier than a week later;
- during treatment, do not filter the water infusion - the infusion continues;
- the essence of the treatment lies in the fact that all pathogenic bacteria are constantly suppressed in the entire gastrointestinal tract (healthy bacteria are not suppressed) and their locations successfully colonize healthy bacteria necessary for humans;
- in addition to the above, it is known that Hippocrates treated cut and puncture wounds with this water infusion. A clean (cotton) cloth was applied to the wound, pre-moistened with an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels. This cloth was kept moist at all times until the wound healed.
Pomegranate peel. If you do not trust pharmacological drugs, but believe in pomegranate treatment for parasites, you can try the following remedy. Pour 50 g of pomegranate powder with two glasses of water and leave for 6 hours.
Then bring the liquid to a boil and, reducing heat, leave to simmer for a while. When the amount of liquid is reduced by half, remove from heat and cool. Strain the finished broth and drink in the morning on an empty stomach, distributing the entire volume for an hour.
The use of an anthelmintic decoction is recommended to be combined with the intake of laxatives.
All-purpose pomegranate tea
Pomegranate peel tea is one of the simplest recipes. This drink can be used to normalize the digestive system, strengthen immunity, and simply for preventive purposes.
Pomegranate peels. In the original version, for making tea, you need to mix dried ginger, mint and large leaf tea together. Pour boiling water over all this and boil for a minute. Strain the finished drink, add lemon and honey to taste. But if there is no time for such manipulations, brew the tea as usual, adding pomegranate peels and other spices to your taste.
Pomegranate decoction for the treatment of indigestion in adults
Diarrhea is one of the most unpleasant symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders. And pomegranate peels, possessing excellent astringent properties, help to easily solve this problem.
Contraindications and harm of pomegranate peels
The peel, like the fruit itself, has its own contraindications, which should be considered before use. The peel contains alkaloids, pelletierin and isopelletierin, which are poisons and can cause great harm to the human body.
Harm of pomegranate peels to the body:
- cause intoxication;
- provoke headache and dizziness;
- cause a feeling of nausea, vomiting; impair vision, lead to darkening in the eyes; cause convulsions.
If you notice the first signs of such manifestations, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Pomegranate peels. Health Benefits of Pomegranate Benefits in pomegranate peel. Ways to use pomegranate peels. Pomegranate peel from parasites
The benefits of pomegranate fruits and the use of peels from parasites in the body. Recipes for the preparation of worms and contraindications for use
Pomegranate is a valuable product that has not only a pleasant taste, but also many useful properties. In particular, for worms, pomegranate peels can be used as a remedy for tapeworms
Page contentDoes vinegar help lice and is it really possible to get rid of them in one dayWhich vinegar to chooseVinegar against lice and nits: application, proportions and recipesA mixture of vinegar and oilVinegar and tea tree oilMustard vinegarVinegar with saltVinegar with oil solutionVinegar with mayonnaiseCan vinegar be used in the treatment of head lice in children?
Page contentHow pomegranate peels affect wormsUseful properties of pomegranate peelsContraindications to the use of pomegranate peelHow to properly treat: recipes from pomegranate peelsYou can defeat parasites!It is not difficult to become infected with parasites, and the disease itself remains invisible to people for a long time