Table of contents:
- All about the pomegranate
- How to choose a pomegranate
- Composition of pomegranate
- The healing power of pomegranate peel
- The use of pomegranate peel in cosmetology
- Pomegranate peel tea
- Properties of pomegranate peels and infusion from it
- Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels
- Pomegranate and pomegranate peels during pregnancy
- Contraindications of pomegranate and pomegranate skins
Video: Pomegranate Peel - Useful Properties And Uses
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
The pomegranate peel, the healing properties of which are truly unique, has a powerful antiparasitic effect. The pomegranate peel, like a pericarp, has the same numerous list of nutrients as the berries themselves. The crusts contain tannins, minerals and antioxidants. Each of these substances has a beneficial effect on one or another organ. And in the complex it is the best way to normalize the bowel function. The composition of pomegranate peels contains alkaloids of plant origin, known for their poisonous effect on the body. Failure to follow strict dosage recommendations can be harmful to health.
It is recommended to drink an infusion of pomegranate peels when symptoms of loose stools and nausea appear, and abdominal pain. Such a remedy will not only help to defeat the disease, but also saturate the body with vitamins and microelements. Infusion of pomegranate peels is also widely used in cosmetology: it can rinse hair and cleanse the skin of the face.
The content of the article:
- 1 All about the pomegranate
- 2 How to choose a pomegranate
- 3 Composition of pomegranate
4 The healing power of pomegranate peel
4.1 How to prepare an infusion on pomegranate peels
5 The use of pomegranate peel in cosmetology
- 5.1 Decoction of pomegranate skins for hair
- 5.2 Decoction of pomegranate skins for leather
- 6 Pomegranate Peel Tea
- 7 Properties of pomegranate peels and infusion from it
8 Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate peels
- 8.1 Recipe for making a water infusion of pomegranate peels in 5 hours
- 8.2 Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels for healing in 1 week
- 9 Pomegranate and pomegranate peels during pregnancy
- 10 Contraindications of pomegranate and pomegranate skins
All about the pomegranate
Pomegranate (or pomegranate, pomegranate tree) is a shrub belonging to the Derbennikov family. The people call the edible part of this tree "pomegranate", in botany - "pomegranate", highlighting the beneficial properties of this plant.
Pomegranate peel. The name "Pomegranate" comes from the Latin word granatus, which means "granular or one that has bones." Even in ancient Rome, pomegranates were designated by two phrases that, to one degree or another, indicated properties. The first name is "Punic apple" (from the Latin name of the entire pomegranate family) and the second name is "granular apple" (from the external characteristics of the fruit), which has survived to this day.
Only one subspecies is cultivated - the common pomegranate (due to its properties), which is why it has become widespread almost all over the world - from 41º south latitude to 41 º north latitude (about 85% of the entire land area of the globe). It is cultivated in Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran, in the countries of the Middle and Far East, in Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and in the territory of the former Yugoslavia. In Russia, it is grown in the region of Sochi and South Dagestan.
Cultivation takes place in two periods. Initially, in artificially created conditions, small shrubs are grown from pomegranate seeds, and only then they are transplanted into pre-prepared soil, since the fruit can be damaged by various diseases, due to which it loses its properties.
The beneficial properties of pomegranate are contained in the seeds, in the peel, in the skins, in the partitions, in the rind and flowers of the plant.
It is not only delicious food, but also a medicinal substance used in many drugs to improve the functioning of the heart, liver, kidneys, to raise hemoglobin levels, for good circulation and digestion. Some contraindications occur during pregnancy, as well as for people with allergies.
Pomegranate peel has long been used for medicinal purposes, thanks to its amazing capabilities:
- stopping oxidation processes and removing bad cholesterol, which serves as an excellent prevention of cardiovascular pathologies;
- the peel instantly removes toxins and helps cleanse the liver;
- due to its anti-inflammatory properties, the peel is widely used to strengthen immunity and treat colds;
- tea made from pomegranate peels perfectly helps to get rid of parasites (pinworms, worms, etc.)
- the remedy copes with the regeneration of the skin and promotes healing, maintains bones and teeth in good condition, which is explained by the high concentration of ascorbic acid;
- formulations with pomegranate powder help to stop bleeding;
- numerous studies have confirmed the effectiveness of pomegranate peels in the fight against oncological skin diseases;
- the powder, which is fried in olive oil, is widely used in cosmetology against various rashes and acne. In addition, the composition is used for burns, abrasions and skin lesions;
- pomegranate peels are an excellent remedy for diarrhea. Decoction can help solve the problem in children and adults.
- the peels can be safely added to tea. This drink will calm your nerves and lift your spirits.
In addition, it is worth noting the numerous cosmetic properties of the universal pomegranate:
- ellagenic acid effectively moisturizes, makes the skin soft, helps against fading;
- not everyone knows that pomegranate is able to solve the problem of baldness and dandruff, and with the help of infusion of pomegranate peels, you can rinse your hair, which can give them a beautiful shade;
- sunscreens that make up the peel fight ultraviolet radiation;
- a mixture of peel and oil stimulates procollagen production, which helps to maintain youthful skin for a long time.
Pomegranate peel is actively used in folk medicine. Has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects on the body. Infusions of pomegranate peels help to calm the nervous system. The main beneficial effects on the human body have been well studied. Crusts are used in such cases:
- powerful antioxidant, prevents cardiovascular disease;
- elimination of toxins from the body;
- cleansing the liver;
- treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa;
- prevention of osteoporosis;
- preparation of pomegranate-based creams and scrubs;
- in the treatment of scalp diseases;
- with colitis, diarrhea;
- antihelminthic drug;
- to stimulate the immune system;
- sedative effect on the nervous system.
Pomegranate peels from worms are a unique remedy in the treatment of many diseases.
How to choose a pomegranate
Pomegranate peel. The beneficial properties of any fruit or vegetable depend on how saturated it is with chemicals. Therefore, one should be able to distinguish the “correct” product from a chemically hazardous product. This should be taken into account more carefully when you go to buy a pomegranate.
To accurately determine the level of a chemical, the pomegranate should be sent to a laboratory for examination. But when there is no such possibility, then everything should be determined "by eye". The skin and juice will tell you about the amount of harmful chemicals.
The “right” pomegranate has dry skin and juicy flesh. In appearance, the crust should be slightly dried, while covering the grains. A smooth peel indicates an underripe fruit, and its softness indicates rottenness, preliminary freezing or external damage during transportation.
Composition of pomegranate
Pomegranate peel. Pomegranate contains various vitamins that are essential for the body of both men and women. All properties are provided below. On average, 100 grams of fruit contains: juice - 49-60%, peel - 30-45%, seed - 10-25%. For 100 grams of juice - 45-60 Kcal. For 100 grams of pulp - 60-80 Kcal.
The grenade contains:
- Carbohydrates (glucose, fructose, sucrose) - 10-22%; Proteins - 1.6-1.7%;
- Fat - 0.2-0.8%; Organic acids (malic, citric, boric, tartaric, oxalic, succinic) - 0.4-2.4%;
- Fiber - 0.5-5.6%; Tannins - 0.3-1.0%;
- Ash - 0.3-0.8%; Minerals - 0.2%;
- Leukoanthocyanins - 0.3-0.6%; Catechins and phytoncides - 0.5-0.8%;
- Amino acids (15 pieces, six of which are irreplaceable) - 1.5.
The healing power of pomegranate peel
In the summer, the risk of illness from various kinds of bacteria becomes especially relevant, which manifests itself in symptoms of loose stools, vomiting, and fever. Medicines may not always be on hand. At the first moment, we start to panic and feverishly seek a cure.
But you can just have a dry pomegranate peel with you in your first aid kit. Yes, yes, the same peel that we thoughtlessly throw away. And it can really help with dysentery, salmonellosis, cholera, typhoid fever and many other gastrointestinal diseases.
How to make an infusion on pomegranate peels
Pomegranate peel. This infusion is used for dysentery, salmonellosis, cholera, typhoid fever. Put dry pomegranate crusts (12 g) in a heated glass container and pour a glass of boiling water. Just half an hour under the saucer, and the medicine is ready. You just need to know that the treatment process begins from the moment you poured the crusts. And the vessel with the infusion should be with the patient. It is very important.
The use of pomegranate peel in cosmetology
Pomegranate skins are used not only for medicinal purposes. They have found their application in cosmetology. We bring to your attention several popular and effective recipes.
Decoction of pomegranate skins for hair
Broth for hair: pour 100 g of pomegranate peel with 300 ml of water, boil over low heat for 10-15 minutes, then leave for 24 hours. It is necessary to apply the broth to clean, damp hair. It will give them shine, strengthen the bulbs.
An anti-dandruff infusion should not be used by people with sensitive scalp or brittle, dry hair, as this can only aggravate the situation.
Pomegranate peel. Anti-dandruff infusion: to prepare the infusion, you need to mix 50 ml of vodka and 100 ml of a solution that is prepared according to a recipe for a decoction for hair. You can add a little shampoo to the resulting mixture, or use it as an independent tool. Apply to hair and scalp, keep for no more than 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
Decoction of pomegranate skins for leather
Acne Relief: If you suffer from acne, mix the crushed pomegranate zest and rose water. Wipe your face with the resulting product daily.
Face cream: To make it, you need to take the cream you are using and add about 70 g of crushed pomegranate peel powder to it. Apply daily to face. Thanks to ellagic acid, which is one of the components of the pomegranate skin, moisture will be retained in the cells, which will give the skin a well-groomed appearance and protect it from dryness.
Pomegranate peel tea
Pomegranate peel. Most often, pomegranate tea is prepared using pomegranate juice, but crushed crusts are much better for treating some ailments. Here is a tea recipe for gastrointestinal problems. It helps with digestive and intestinal motility disorders, cleanses the kidneys and liver, and eliminates parasites.
Ingredients: pomegranate peels; mint; ginger; caraway; green tea leaves: 1 tsp honey.
Method of preparation: put all ingredients (except honey) in a coffee grinder, grind them to a powdery state. For 1 tsp. take 1 glass of water, bring to a boil and keep on fire for another minute. Remove from heat and let it brew for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and add honey.
Properties of pomegranate peels and infusion from it
The peel of a pomegranate is a universal medicine given to man by nature itself. See for yourself and be healthy!
Properties of pomegranate peels and infusion from it:
- if you boil pomegranate peels in wine, then this drug will relieve worms;
- an infusion of water from pomegranate peels helps with heart interruptions. If you add honey to it, it will ease a hangover;
- decoction of the bark relieve liver inflammation;
- they caress the mouth to kill germs and bacteria. Treat the gums and stop their bleeding;
- dry powder from pomegranate peels can be used for abrasions and cracks on the skin;
- diseases of the kidneys, ears, eyes: you need to prepare such a decoction: pomegranate bark in a crushed form (2 tablespoons) pour boiling water (250 ml), set the container in a water bath and boil for half an hour. Then (in this recipe) strain and top up with water to the starting level. And before you eat, drink 50 ml. Drink a glass of broth in a day;
- infusion from tape worms and bovine tapeworm: 50 gr. dry peel in two glasses of cold water for six hours. Then evaporate to half the volume and strain. Drink in equal portions in an hour. And after another half hour, take a laxative, preferably saline;
- infusion of pomegranate peel will relieve and heal chronic cough. Brew the peel like tea until the water turns pink. Drink in small portions with honey warm. Drink a glass of infusion a day;
- infusion of pomegranate peel - an assistant for skin diseases. You "got" acne and pustules make a mask of slightly fried pomegranate peels, which pound and mix with any oil. The mixture is stored in the refrigerator and applied no more than twice a week;
- pounded pomegranate peel fights burns. First, grease the sore spot with pomegranate juice, and then sprinkle with dry peel powder. The pain will go away and no blister will appear. Since the pomegranate peel contains alkaloids, follow the advice and don't overdo it. Overdose can result in dizziness, vomiting, convulsions;
Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels
Pomegranate peel. The approximate weight ratio of dry pomegranate peels and boiling water is 1:20. In a preheated cup, glass or glass jar, put about 10-12 g of dry pomegranate fruit peels and pour 200 ml of boiling water into them (you can pour 200 ml of raw water into this container, lower 10-12 g of pomegranate peels and bring to a boil with an electric boiler, but do not boil).
The preparation of an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels for the treatment of all of these diseases is the same. The application is different.
Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels in 5 hours
Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels in 5 hours: from dysentery; salmonellosis; typhoid fever; cholera; acute appendicitis - use a water infusion like this:
- after insisting 25-30 minutes, drink about half the liquid (half a glass). Do not filter the infusion, the infusion continues. And cover with a saucer again. If after 10 minutes you feel healthy, then you had a common indigestion (diarrhea) and it was completely cured. You can safely embark on any travel, because you will not have diarrhea and constipation;
- if after 10 minutes you do not feel recovered, then you have either dysentery, or salmonellosis, or typhoid, or cholera. You need to stay at home and after 3 hours finish the remaining water infusion. The treatment process lasts 3 hours (with insisting 3.5 hours), and recovery occurs approximately 5 hours after the start of treatment;
Recipe for making an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels for healing in 1 week
To cure in 1 week from: stomach ulcers; intestinal ulcers (small intestine); colitis (inflammation in the colon); dysbiosis - use an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels as follows:
- after insisting 25-30 minutes, start drinking. During the day, drink about half of the water infusion (90-100 ml) in 4 doses in approximately equal portions and at approximately equal intervals of time, that is, approximately 20-25 ml per dose. Drink on an empty stomach, with the 1st intake in the morning, after sleep, and the 4th intake at night, before bedtime;
- drink an aqueous infusion not every day of the week, but every other day, that is, on days 1, 3, 5, 7 - drink the infusion, and on days 2, 4, 6 - do not drink the infusion (rest from treatment);
- this is enough for a complete cure. But if someone, for reassurance, wants to continue treatment, for example, stomach ulcers, then you can repeat the weekly course of treatment no earlier than a week later;
- during treatment, do not filter the water infusion - the infusion continues;
- the essence of the treatment lies in the fact that all pathogenic bacteria are constantly suppressed in the entire gastrointestinal tract (healthy bacteria are not suppressed) and their locations successfully colonize healthy bacteria necessary for humans;
- in addition to the above, it is known that Hippocrates treated cut and puncture wounds with this water infusion. A clean (cotton) cloth was applied to the wound, pre-moistened with an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels. This cloth was kept moist at all times until the wound healed.
Pomegranate peel. If you do not trust pharmacological drugs, but believe in pomegranate treatment for parasites, you can try the following remedy. Pour 50 g of pomegranate powder with two glasses of water and leave for 6 hours.
Then bring the liquid to a boil and, reducing heat, leave to simmer for a while. When the amount of liquid is reduced by half, remove from heat and cool. Strain the finished broth and drink in the morning on an empty stomach, distributing the entire volume for an hour.
The use of an anthelmintic decoction is recommended to be combined with the intake of laxatives.
All-purpose pomegranate tea
Pomegranate peel tea is one of the simplest recipes. This drink can be used to normalize the digestive system, strengthen immunity, and simply for preventive purposes.
In the original version, for making tea, you need to mix dried ginger, mint and large leaf tea together. Pour boiling water over all this and boil for a minute. Strain the finished drink, add lemon and honey to taste. But if there is no time for such manipulations, brew the tea as usual, adding pomegranate peels and other spices to your taste.
Pomegranate decoction for the treatment of indigestion in adults
Diarrhea is one of the most unpleasant symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders. And pomegranate peels, possessing excellent astringent properties, help to easily solve this problem.
Pomegranate and pomegranate peels during pregnancy
During pregnancy, gynecologists recommend that young ladies use pomegranate. It is saturated with vitamin B12, essential amino acids, silicon and iron, which normalize hemoglobin. The southern fruit has an immunostimulating and anti-inflammatory effect, normalizes digestive processes, and prevents the reproduction of harmful microorganisms.
Pomegranate peel is a source of substances useful for women and babies, including vitamins, acids, proteins and important trace elements. The use during pregnancy helps to strengthen the immune system and overcome coughs. Girls in position often face the problem of iron deficiency.
Pomegranate juice effectively replenishes the loss of this trace element. In the first trimester, it helps to fight toxicosis, improves appetite and normalizes digestion. Thanks to astringent substances, it helps a pregnant woman to overcome heartburn and bleeding gums, and vitamins "B" and "P" strengthen the walls of blood vessels and normalize the nerves.
The fruit is saturated with red pigments that can cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, you should not use pomegranate in the first quarter of lactation. In the future, a few grains a day will not interfere with the normal reaction of the child's body.
Despite the beneficial properties, nursing moms need to constantly be aware of the allergy-causing properties of the fruit. If the family has a tendency to allergic reactions, you should not use pomegranate until lactation is complete.
Contraindications of pomegranate and pomegranate skins
Despite all the useful properties of pomegranates, it has its own contraindications, which should not be neglected.
Contraindications when using pomegranate and pomegranate skins:
- the skin contains up to 1% of poisonous alkaloids, which have a bad effect on the health of men;
- decoctions from the bark, in addition to useful properties, contain harmful toxins, an overdose of which causes high blood pressure, dizziness, convulsions, which is a contraindication for people with a weak heart;
- natural juice must be diluted with water. Do not be afraid of the loss of beneficial properties, since this will not happen, but you will save the stomach from strong acid;
- during pregnancy of women, as well as in case of a stomach disease, it is forbidden to drink drugs containing pomegranate;
- during pregnancy, you should not drink decoctions from the peel and partitions, it is also advisable to avoid "pure" juice, otherwise it can have a bad effect on pregnancy, because in this case, beneficial properties acquire harmful qualities;
- do not eat pomegranate after prolonged sun exposure. He will lose all properties and can only harm.
Monastic tea. What does monastery tea look like? Thyroid tea. Tea for worms. Properties of monastery tea. Reviews of doctors
Pomegranate peels. Health Benefits of Pomegranate Benefits in pomegranate peel. Ways to use pomegranate peels. Pomegranate peel from parasites
Hydrogen peroxide. Types of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide treatment method. Internal use of hydrogen peroxide and its benefits
The benefits of pomegranate fruits and the use of peels from parasites in the body. Recipes for the preparation of worms and contraindications for use
Pomegranate is a valuable product that has not only a pleasant taste, but also many useful properties. In particular, for worms, pomegranate peels can be used as a remedy for tapeworms