Table of contents:
- What are parasites in the human body
- Types of parasites in the human body
- Ways of penetration of parasites into the human body
- Diagnosis of parasitic diseases
- Symptoms of the presence of parasites in the human body
- Symptoms of parasites in the liver in humans
- Treatment of parasites in the human body
- The impact of parasites on the body
- Does a person need to get rid of parasites from the body
Video: Parasites In The Human Body: Symptoms And Treatment
Parasites in the human body arise from the environment and are active there. The toxic substances formed as a result of the activities of these creatures poison the human body, causing a serious blow to health. Symptoms of the ingress of parasites into the human body can be various unpleasant signs that require urgent treatment. If the treatment of the invasion was started on time, then the consequences of the disease will be minimized.
The content of the article:
- 1 What are parasites in the human body
- 2 Types of parasites in the human body
- 3 Ways of entry of parasites into the human body
- 4 Diagnosis of parasitic diseases
- 5 Symptoms of the presence of parasites in the human body
- 6 Symptoms of parasites in the liver in humans
7 Treatment of parasites in the human body
- 7.1 Drug treatment of parasites in the human body
- 7.2 Treatment of parasites in the human body by alternative methods
- 8 Effects of parasites on the body
- 9 Does a person need to get rid of parasites from the body
What are parasites in the human body
Parasites in the human body are invasions that ensure their existence at the expense of the host. Parasites live in the human body, carry on their vital activity, feed on human food and energy, and often on human cells and tissues. Recent studies indicate that the probability of the presence of parasites in any organism is 85%. Some scientists add another 10% to this figure.
Dr. Ross Andersen made a statement that parasitic infestation is the most undiagnosed disease in the world. He admits that this is a very bold statement, but it is based on the analysis of data from the medical history of more than 20 thousand patients and on many years of work experience that is more than 20 years.
It is possible to establish that parasites are actually present in the human body by sampling feces for analysis. This is the traditional and most common diagnostic method. However, it is extremely uninformative and unreliable, because the parasite can be detected only if the laboratory assistant sees its larvae through a microscope.
Parasites in the human body can live almost anywhere. There are no barriers for them. They parasitize not only in the intestines, but also in the liver, joints and muscles, in the blood, in the brain, in the eyes. Science knows more than 100 species of parasites that live in the human body, ranging from invisible amoebas to worms several meters long.
But after all, worms do not always lay a large number of eggs, which means that during a standard study the parasite may not be detected. Some experts recommend taking tests three times, but this does not guarantee a reliable result. It is believed that in order to detect parasites, at least 8, or even 10 feces studies need to be done.
At the same time, it was found that the most common parasites inhabiting the human intestine are precisely helminths. All of them have different shapes, they can look like a leaf of wood, like a woman's bracelet, like a pencil sharpened on both sides.
However, one thing unites them - they pursue the goal of destroying their master, squeezing out the maximum benefit from his body. In addition, all parasites are highly prolific and viable.
It is a mistake to believe that helminthic invasion is an exclusively childhood disease. Very often adults suffer from them, and most people do not even suspect about such an unpleasant and dangerous neighborhood.
Types of parasites in the human body
Parasites in the human body. Having become infected with any kind of parasitic microorganisms, a person may not even be aware of this trouble. Only some symptoms can signal the presence of disease-causing creatures: general malaise, increase or decrease in body weight.
Signs of invasions of the body appear only in those cases when the number of microbes reaches large values and the general and local immunity is significantly reduced. Worms, which are very harmful to human health, are characterized by numerous species.
Types of parasites in the human body:
- roundworms: microscopic in size. The most famous representatives of this group are Trichinella, ascaris, pinworm, whipworm;
- flukes : a group of flatworms. They parasitize inside the body and outside. These include the species of flukes, flukes;
- cestodes: tapeworms, tapeworms, echinococci, are tapeworms. They have no digestive system;
- spiny-headed: these are small worms with a flat, elongated body that is completely covered with thorns;
- with comb: a person becomes infected from infected fish, birds, from mammals. Microorganisms that parasitize under the skin. These include the round worm of the risht. It is also called the Guinean worm. The risk of invasion is very high;
- amoeba: unicellular microscopic helminth. It has an irregular, constantly changing shape. By settling in the blood vessels, it provokes pathologies of the heart and vascular system, the development of a stroke. Is the causative agent of amoebiosis;
The liver is affected by various types of lamblia, amoebas, schistosomes, roundworms, echinococci, which leads to disorders of many processes in the body. The liver and other organs are defenseless against a whole army of virulent microorganisms.
Ways of penetration of parasites into the human body
Parasites in the human body. Parasitic diseases, helminthic infestations are caused by pathogens that enter the human body in several ways. Most often, infection occurs when a helminth (parasite) enters through the mouth (contamination of food and water with earth, eggs and cysts of pathogens), through dirty hands.
Insects (flies, cockroaches), rodents, and larger animals (cats, dogs) can transmit pathogens of parasitic infections and protozoal diseases through infected household items.
Parasitic pathogens and their larvae can live in almost all organs and tissues - in the lumen of the intestines of both the large and small, rectum, biliary and urinary tract, in the bronchopulmonary system, blood, brain and liver tissue, in muscle tissue and in the eyes …
In children's collectives, helminth eggs are transmitted through toys, dirty hands. Some parasites are able to enter the host's body by contact through the skin (even intact) and mucous membranes, less often by inhalation.
In the process of evolution, many parasites have developed special mechanisms for their spread to preserve their species (for example, a complex development cycle with a change of hosts, the formation of cysts and protective membranes).
The parasites have lost some organs (visual, digestive system). But at the same time, the reproductive system of parasites has reached amazing development (hermaphroditism, a huge number of eggs secreted by one individual).
Diagnosis of parasitic diseases
Parasites in the human body. An important issue is the diagnosis and detection of parasites for their timely treatment and elimination from the body. The diagnosis and identification of many types of helminthiasis is based on the detection of parasites, their eggs in the feces and the use of other techniques.
Often, repeated examination of feces is required to make a reliable diagnosis of parasitosis. With enterobiasis, a study is made for the eggs of the parasite by scraping from the perianal folds.
ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) allows you to identify the pathogen by examining antibodies in the blood. A general analysis for all parasitoses and helminthic invasions reveals an increase in the fraction of eosinophilic leukocytes in the blood, which indicates an allergy, often signs of anemia of iron deficiency or other genesis (macrocytic, B12-deficient).
Long-term massive invasion by parasites can lead to electrolyte shifts and a lack of minerals (calcium, phosphorus). Biochemical examination of markers of liver damage, transaminases, bilirubin is often used when helminthiasis is suspected.
Ultrasound, endoscopy of the stomach and duodenum, CT - examination - can be used in the diagnosis of certain parasitic diseases (echinococcosis, giardiasis). With trichinosis, a biopsy of muscle tissue and skin is mandatory (detection of the parasite and confirmation of the diagnosis).
Symptoms of the presence of parasites in the human body
Parasites in the human body are organisms that live off their host. They live a parallel life inside our body, feeding on our energy, our cells and our food. It is also no secret that they throw the products of their vital activity directly into our body and die there.
The symptoms of parasites in the human body are quite diverse. Their insidiousness is that they all manifest themselves in such a way that it is almost impossible to make a diagnosis on the fly. Whatever a person has worms, the symptoms of any helminthiasis will be very similar.
In addition, the appearance of symptoms characteristic of a lack of any kind of nutrient, because it is known that parasites suck out the most useful nutrients from food, including vitamins and minerals.
Symptoms of parasites in the human body:
- constant fatigue, decreased performance, nervousness, irritability;
- drowsiness or, conversely, insomnia;
- problem skin and hair;
- cosmetic defects in the form of delamination of nails, cracked heels, various spots on the skin, early wrinkles on the face;
- abdominal pain, flatulence (gas and bloating);
- stool disorders (more often in the form of diarrhea, but constipation is also possible);
- significant changes in weight over a relatively short period;
- bulimia (prolonged increase in appetite), or, on the contrary, deterioration in appetite;
- hypovitaminosis (vitamin deficiency);
- anemia, low hemoglobin; g Granulomas, tumors;
- headache, joint, muscle pain;
- grinding teeth in sleep, itching in the anus;
- immunity disorders, frequent colds;
- increased frequency of allergic reactions in the form of asthma, atopic dermatitis, urticaria.
Symptoms of parasites in the liver in humans
Parasites in the liver may be silent for a long time. It is important for a sick person to pay attention in time to some signs and symptoms that indicate the presence of parasites.
Most often, parasites in the liver give the following symptoms:
- weight loss, fever, leukocytosis, pain (or discomfort) in the right hypochondrium. Sometimes the pain radiates to the shoulder. This clinical picture is typical for liver amebiasis; organic and functional changes in the liver, which usually occur with giardiasis;
- nervousness and irritation. This is one of the most common symptoms of a parasitic infection not only of the liver, but also of the body as a whole. The waste products of parasites have a toxic effect on the human nervous system. According to medical observations, after the removal of parasites, patients become more patient and calm;
- sleep disturbance. The peak of active liver activity occurs at 2-3 a.m. In the presence of parasites, patients can wake up almost every night at this time. Sometimes helminths can go out through the anus, which also leads to disruption of the patient's sleep;
- other symptoms that occur with a parasitic liver infection include: bad breath and bad taste in the mouth, constant hunger, acne and acne, diabetes, headaches and migraines.
Treatment of parasites in the human body
Medicinal treatment of parasites in the human body
Parasites in the human body. The appointment and control of drug therapy is carried out exclusively by an infectious disease specialist or parasitologist. Along with the use of drugs for the successful treatment of parasitic pathologies, methods of alternative medicine are used.
For drug therapy of helminthiasis, they are widely used, well-known to everyone, as well as the latest antihelminthic drugs:
- to combat intestinal nematodes: Vormil, Zentel, Nemazol are prescribed. These drugs are treated with enterobiasis, ascariasis and mixed invasions;
- infections that have arisen after bites by blood-sucking insects and ticks: carrying eggs and larvae of nematodes, are treated with mectizan, cesol;
- for effective treatment of genital schistosomiasis: praziquantel is used, in parallel using enzyme preparations that increase the activity of the main active ingredient; against pathogens that provoke schistosomiasis, experts often recommend vansil, biltricide;
- often with a diagnosis of helminthiasis caused by cestodomy, treatment is carried out with the drug Fenasal, which is considered the best anti-teniarhynchotic agent, as well as with male fern extract, dichlosal;
- to get rid of ascaris: which are the pathogen of ascariasis, levamisole (decaris) is widely used, which paralyzes the muscular system of the worm and promotes the fastest elimination from the intestine;
- In medical practice, pyrantel, which was originally developed for the veterinary service, is often used to kill roundworms with good therapeutic effect.
Treatment of parasites in the human body using folk methods
Parasites in the human body. In order to get rid of parasites in the human body with folk remedies, it will take not a single day.
If the method is strong, then the worm will die on the first day. But there are also eggs that do not lend themselves to disposal the first time.
How to get rid of parasites at home - recipes:
- effective will be cleaning the body with sauerkraut brine: drink it ½ stack. 3 p. / D. before a meal. He is able to rid the liver of parasites;
- even flowers can cure a person: fill a bottle with lilac inflorescences and pour vodka into it to the brim. Stand for 10 days and take 1 tsp. before each meal. Reviews about this popular method are laudatory;
- you can get rid of parasites in adults with mushrooms: for this, tinctures obtained at home are used. Agaricus and chanterelle mushroom effective against worms. Insist a glass of chopped agaricus in 0.5 liters of vodka for 14 days. Drink 1 tbsp. l. 3 p. / D. before meals. To make cleaning more effective, wash down the product with infusion of calendula, currant and yarrow. The treatment lasts a month;
- it is allowed to use folk remedies for parasites recipes from plant seeds: it is good to remove cumin and dill seeds with flour. The mixture is eaten in 1 tsp. and washed down with water. To remove parasites in this way for a long time (6 months), but not without results.
The impact of parasites on the body
Parasites in the human body disrupt the functioning of organs, cause inflammatory processes in them, and destroy tissues. Often, in the process of their vital activity, parasites produce substances that are toxic to humans, which leads to a gradual poisoning of his body.
Parasites in the intestines use nutrients from food for their growth and development. Because of this, the human body begins to experience a lack of them. This is especially dangerous for children, as their growth slows down, physical and mental development is impaired.
Parasites adapt well, can live in one organism for years, and their eggs and larvae are highly resistant to the environment.
In the digestive organs, for their protection, parasites can secrete special substances that inactivate enzymes and disrupt the process of food digestion. Therefore, in a patient with parasites in the intestines, the symptoms often resemble diseases of the digestive system.
Does a person need to get rid of parasites from the body
As for the purification of organisms from parasites, it makes no sense to carry it out only because it has become fashionable and popular. If a person does not have any symptoms of invasion, but indigestion is only periodically observed, then it is more advisable to simply switch to a more gentle diet and adjust your lifestyle.
Nature itself has ordered in such a way that the human intestine is a "haven" for bacteria. Without them, a person simply could not exist. Even such dangerous microorganisms as Staphylococcus aureus and candida are needed by humans, since they are involved in the food chain and are food for beneficial bacteria.
If a person is healthy, then his body works as a well-coordinated system, and nothing will disturb its functioning. A strong immune system will not allow any parasite to harm the body.
However, against the background of a weakening of one's own defenses, with an irrational diet, due to the intake of drugs, the work of the internal ecosystem of the body is disrupted, and parasites are able to get in and cause harm. In this case, you should get rid of them by all available means. It is necessary to cleanse not only the liver, but the entire body as a whole.
Find out more:
- Parasites - diagnosis and treatment
- Parasites in the human body - diagnosis and treatment
- Getting rid of worms at home - recipes and methods