Table of contents:
- General description of pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin seeds composition
- How to cook pumpkin seeds
- Ways to take pumpkin seeds
- How to take pumpkin seeds for children
- How pumpkin seeds kill worms
- Pumpkin seed anthelmintic recipes
- Use of pumpkin seeds for intestinal parasites
- The benefits of pumpkin seeds
- Damage to pumpkin seeds
- Which pumpkin seeds are better: raw or roasted
- How to choose and store pumpkin seeds
Video: Pumpkin Seeds For Worms - How To Cook And Take
Pumpkin seeds for worms are the number one folk remedy in the fight against worms. This valuable product has unique properties, thanks to which the cleansing of the body is quick and painless. By consuming a handful of pumpkin seeds every day, you will significantly reduce the risk of parasite infestation. There are tons of pumpkin seed recipes out there, most of which are easy to prepare and have invaluable health benefits.
The content of the article:
- 1 General description of pumpkin seeds
- 2 Composition of pumpkin seeds
- 3 How to cook pumpkin seeds
- 4 Ways to take pumpkin seeds
- 5 How to take pumpkin seeds for children
- 6 How pumpkin seeds destroy worms
7 Pumpkin Seed Anthelmintic Recipes
- 7.1 Pumpkin seed porridge for worms (for adults)
- 7.2 Pumpkin seeds vs. tapeworm
- 7.3 Pumpkin seeds against pinworms
- 8 Use of pumpkin seeds for intestinal parasites
- 9 The benefits of pumpkin seeds
- 10 Harm of pumpkin seeds
- 11 Which pumpkin seeds are better: raw or roasted
12 How to choose and store pumpkin seeds
12.1 Wormwood from worms - how to cook and take
General description of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are the seeds of a herbal plant of the same name that grows in tropical and subtropical climates. Usually all seeds are flat, 0.5-1.2 cm long, white with greenish kernels. They are used for consumption.
The homeland of pumpkin and its main dishes is Latin America. In this country, pumpkin seeds have long been used exclusively for the preparation of various medicines that have a general strengthening effect on the body. Currently, pumpkin is grown everywhere in almost all countries of the world. To increase the yield, breeders have bred more than 900 of its species.
Roasted pumpkin seed kernels taste similar to roasted peanuts. Peeled pumpkin seeds are used as an additive in yeast dough for baking bread. They are also added to salads from fresh vegetables and fruits, dishes from various types of meat.
Pumpkin seeds composition
Pumpkin seeds for worms. To understand what benefits pumpkin seeds can bring to the body, you need to look at their composition. And he is really diverse and unique. The seeds of this vegetable are a generous source of vitamins C, E, A, and K.
Various minerals are found in abundance in pumpkin seeds. So, in terms of zinc content, these wonderful seeds are inferior only to oysters. In terms of the presence of phosphorus, pumpkin seeds are real champions, because 100 g of this product contains 153% of the daily value of the mineral.
But fatty acids give special value to white pumpkin seeds, among which the most useful are: coffee and phenolic, sinapic and ferulic, nicotinic, coumaric and vanillic acids. It is thanks to the beneficial acids that the fat content in this product reaches 45.8 g per 100 g of seeds.
Moreover, vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant, is available in all forms, which makes pumpkin seeds an ideal product for cleansing the body and strengthening the defenses.
Pumpkin seeds are a generous source of vegetable protein (24.5 g per 100 g of raw materials). Moreover, interestingly, over time, the nutritional value of this product only increases, because when the seeds are stored for more than 5 months, the amount of protein in them increases significantly.
Plus, this product contains 148% of your daily value for magnesium and 100% of your daily value for manganese! But besides them, pumpkin seeds contain potassium, copper, selenium, iron and many other minerals necessary for the body.
Finally, fans of proper nutrition will be interested to know that the calorie content of pumpkin seeds reaches 541 kcal. However, this product is still included in the diet of people on a diet, and all thanks to the large amount of fiber.
How to cook pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds for worms. As a medicine, the product must be consumed unfried.
Remove the seeds from the pumpkin, place them in water for a few minutes to remove the remnants of pulp and veins. Remove the washed grains on a towel and let dry. The calorie content of seeds is 559 kcal.
In the classic version, they are fried in a pan: put the washed and dry seeds in a thin layer in a preheated pan. Grill over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. You can also fry the pumpkin seeds with vegetable oil and salt.
Ways to take pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds for worms. Apart from anthelmintic properties, pumpkin seeds provide the human body with a great nutritional service: they are rich in zinc and omega-3 fatty acids.
Effectiveness in fighting parasites is given by high doses of the protein cucurbitin, which paralyzes the worms so that they do not attach to the intestinal walls during bowel movements.
As an anthelmintic, pumpkin seeds can be used:
- dried (must air dry naturally);
- fried (fry in olive oil, lightly salt);
- baked (at 200 degrees of heating the oven, keep the seeds on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes);
- in the form of tea (boil 3 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds, infuse for 30 minutes), you can add a little sugar for a more pleasant taste.
How to take pumpkin seeds for children
Due to the fact that the product is a natural healing source and does not have a harmful effect on the body, it can be eaten even by children.
Due to the fact that the product is a natural healing source and does not have a harmful effect on the body, it can be eaten even by children
Dosage: 5 - 7 years - about 70 grams; 8 - 10 years - about 100 grams; 11-14 - 150 grams; From 15 years old - 200 grams.
For children under 5 years old, it is preferable to give not seeds, because they can choke, and seed cake. To do this, they need to be crushed. Pour 2 cups of boiling water and cook in a water bath for 2.5 hours.
Let it brew at night. In the morning, filter and insist for another half hour. Remove oil stains from the surface and offer to the child. You can repeat the therapy after 7 days.
How pumpkin seeds kill worms
Pumpkin seeds for worms. The fight against worms and similar creatures that penetrate the human esophagus is facilitated by the fact that the seeds of this representative of the flora contain a substance called cucurbin. It is this that is not tolerated by intestinal parasites, causing their poisoning and death.
Scientists have found that the maximum concentration of cucurbin is achieved not in the central part of the seed, but in a thin film structure that separates the core of the pumpkin seeds from their shell.
If there is any doubt, then you can consult your doctor about the possibility of using pumpkin seeds against intestinal parasites. Studies have shown that the seeds of this vegetable have a pronounced property not only to eliminate worms, but also to strengthen the body's immunity and help men with prostatitis.
To eliminate worms, the doctor may advise, along with the seeds, to eat biologically active additives that contain vitamins and minerals necessary for the patient's body and gastrointestinal tract. Below are examples of the use of pumpkin seeds to eliminate intestinal parasites in adults and children.
Pumpkin seed anthelmintic recipes
Pumpkin seeds for worms. People have long and successfully used pumpkin seeds in the treatment of worms.
Pumpkin seed worm medicine recipes:
- Combine 200 g of raw seeds with enough milk in a blender. Make porridge and eat it for breakfast. Approximately 1 hour after that, you need to drink 1 glass of water. After another 1 hour, drink as much water as you can without noticeable discomfort. After 2.5 hours from the beginning of the procedure, you must drink castor oil in a dosage corresponding to the effect of the laxative;
- with garlic: can be used both for prevention and for treatment of worms. 150 grams of pumpkin seeds; 5 heads of garlic; 2 tbsp. spoons of honey. Grind everything, add honey and stand for 2 hours. Consume twice a day - in the morning on an empty stomach 1 hour before meals and at night. Drink 1 tablespoon;
- with soda: 1 cup pumpkin seeds; 1 glass of honey; 1 tsp soda. Grind pumpkin kernels, mix with honey and soda. Insist 10 days in a glass container. Then there is 1 teaspoon on an empty stomach for 10 days. During the entire period of treatment, it is advisable to do enemas for faster cleansing.
Pumpkin seed porridge for worms (for adults)
1) Ingredients: 300 g seeds, 50-60 g water, 10-15 g honey.
Grind the peeled seeds in a blender, gradually adding 10-15 drops of water. Add honey at the end. Pumpkin seed porridge must be eaten within one hour, and after 2-3 hours, take some kind of laxative. You can eat only 1-2 hours after taking a laxative.
2) Ingredients: pumpkin seeds - 200 g, garlic - 4-5 cloves, honey - 2 tbsp. spoons.
Fry pumpkin seeds with husks in a pan and, after cooling, grind in a blender or coffee grinder. Peel and chop the garlic. Mix the ingredients, add honey. To stir thoroughly. Leave to infuse for 10-12 hours.
The resulting mixture must be taken in chime on an empty stomach two to three hours before breakfast for adults 1 tbsp. spoon, children 1 teaspoon every day. The course of treatment is 3-4 days.
Pumpkin seeds vs. tapeworm
For adults. 1) Grind 150-250 g of fresh pumpkin seeds, mix with water or milk until a thick paste, add fruit syrup or honey for taste. Divide into 2 parts and take them in the morning on an empty stomach in 2 passes with an interval of 30 minutes. After 2-3 hours, drink 2 tablespoons of castor oil or magnesium sulfate (1-2 tablespoons per glass of water).
2) Mix 3 tablespoons of grated carrots, 1 tablespoon of crushed pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and eat this mixture on an empty stomach. After 3 hours, take half a teaspoon of castor oil.
For children: depending on age and condition, make a paste from 30-100 g of seeds, as described above. As a laxative, give 1-2 teaspoons of castor oil or magnesium sulfate in an amount of 100-250 mg dissolved in water per 1 kg of body weight. If necessary, the treatment can be repeated after 2-3 days.
Pumpkin seeds against pinworms
Grind 60-80 g of pumpkin seeds with a little water and sugar. From the resulting mass, make 3 balls and eat them on an empty stomach. After 5 hours, drink 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Pumpkin seeds undoubtedly have beneficial antihelminthic properties. However, any treatment for helminth infections will be ineffective without observing the simplest preventive rules:
- wash your hands with warm running water and soap after using the toilet and before eating;
- thoroughly wash vegetables, fruits, berries before use;
- drink only boiled water;
- meat and fish should be cooked before use.
Pumpkin seeds for worms are a popular remedy in folk medicine. Unlike medicinal anthelmintic drugs, they do not contain dangerous and toxic ingredients, so they can be used not only for adults, but also for children.
Use of pumpkin seeds for intestinal parasites
Pumpkin seeds for worms. The recipe must be chosen and correctly applied as described in the description. It is not recommended to engage in amateur performances.
Using seeds in conjunction with castor oil: for this you need to take 100 seeds. They must be dry and unpeeled. The specified amount is divided into four equal parts - portions. After that, all pumpkin seeds are carefully chewed until they make a gruel.
After that, 60 minutes after eating the seeds in a mushy form, they are washed down with castor oil, the volume of which should not exceed a small spoon for tea. This is done until all four servings have been eaten throughout the day.
The procedure for using this drug should preferably be carried out after the main meal. The course of such therapy lasts no more than three days. The dosage indicated in the prescription is calculated for an adult patient.
Using honey in conjunction with pumpkin seeds: if you need to give medicine to a man or a woman, you will need 0.3 kilograms of well-peeled pumpkin seeds. If you need to cure a baby under five years old from intestinal parasites, then you need to use about 0.05 kg of the above component.
When a teenager is cured of parasites, this figure will triple and amount to 150 g. The seeds must be crushed using a coffee grinder. Then the pre-boiled water is cooled and the crushed seeds are diluted in it until a gruel is obtained.
A spoonful of honey should be added to the resulting mixture to taste (tea or table - it all depends on the patient's preferences).
Pumpkin seeds for worms. This remedy should be eaten early in the morning on an empty stomach in a calm environment. This is done slowly, so that the entire procedure lasts 60 minutes. After that, it is recommended after 3 hours to take a laxative made on the basis of salt, and be sure to do an enema for cleaning - the worms will be eliminated from the patient's body.
The benefits of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds for worms. Yes, pumpkin seeds contain protein, iron, fiber, magnesium, copper, phosphorus and manganese, a large number of amino acids - arginine and glutamic acid. And also in large quantities contains zinc, potassium and calcium, niacin and selenium, folic and linoleic acid, which helps to strengthen the arteries.
The benefits of pumpkin seeds:
- pumpkin seeds are an effective diuretic, and zinc strengthens the functioning of the brain, improves memory, and reduces overall fatigue of the human body. And also due to the high content of zinc in them, the condition of the skin with acne is greatly improved;
- to make your face shine, eat fifty to sixty pumpkin seeds a day and you will say goodbye to acne;
- increase hemoglobin with iron deficiency anemia is also within the power of pumpkin seeds, since they contain a lot of iron. By consuming 50-60 grams of this product, you can significantly improve the blood formula;
- they contain magnesium and potassium, useful for the work and life of the heart muscle. Even a few pumpkin seeds a day improves heart function;
- pumpkin seeds can be used for diabetics, as they effectively reduce blood sugar levels;
- with persistent constipation, you can help yourself by eating pumpkin seeds. They remove harmful lead and cadmium from the human body. It is better to use them after a meal, this will improve the functioning of the stomach and the entire gastrointestinal tract;
- especially beneficial for our kidneys, as well as our liver. With an exacerbation of kidney disease, you can prepare the following decoction. You should take a thermos and pour into it, peeled from the skin, 4 full tablespoons of seeds. Pour 0.5 liters of hot water there and, tightly closing the lid, let it brew for 12 - 14 hours. And then, preferably between main meals or in the morning on an empty stomach, drink such a decoction for 14 days;
- during pregnancy, eat a handful of seeds in the morning and during the day you will forget about nausea. This method will help you with heartburn too;
- pumpkin seeds are considered an excellent treatment for depression. After starting to use pumpkin seeds, a person relaxes, calms down, thoughts become bright.
Pumpkin seeds for worms. For men, this is just a godsend, because it is a proven remedy for prostatitis. To prevent this disease, it is enough to eat sixty seeds a day. This will not only reduce the chance of prostatitis, but also lower the risk of prostate cancer.
Take 500 grams of seeds, peel them and twist them in a meat grinder. Add 300 grams of fresh honey to them, mix. Store the mass in the refrigerator. In the morning, on an empty stomach, eat a tablespoon and drink 1/2 cup of water. Eat after that only after an hour.
Also pumpkin seeds are an excellent anthelmintic.
They contain such acid as cucurbitin - this is a kind of poison for worms, which prevents tape worms from adhering to the intestinal walls and is absolutely harmless to humans.
And it is desirable for everyone to eat them, because about fifty percent of the entire population walks with parasites in the gallbladder. So, to get rid of worms, it will be enough for you to eat one hundred grams of pumpkin seeds for breakfast for three days, washed down with any liquid.
Damage to pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds for worms. Gastroenterologists do not recommend pumpkin seeds for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases in an aggravated form, accompanied by an increase in gastric acidity, as well as various forms of intestinal obstruction.
You should not use seeds if you have individual intolerance to pumpkin and products from it.
Excessive consumption of pumpkin seeds can lead to stagnant processes in the joints, teeth damage to the tooth enamel and an increase in body weight.
Which pumpkin seeds are better: raw or roasted
Many people wonder how best to eat pumpkin seeds - raw or roasted? Scientists in this regard are categorical: in the process of heat treatment, this product is deprived of valuable substances.
It is not necessary to fry the seeds, let alone salt them. It is enough to put on a baking sheet and dry a little in the oven so that they acquire a delicate aroma and a pronounced nutty taste.
Thus, the maximum benefit from pumpkin seeds can be obtained when consumed raw.
At temperatures above 90 ° C, essential oils evaporate from the seeds, and the oxidation process occurs, which not only does not contribute to the health of the body, but also provokes an increase in the number of free radicals. In this state, the product becomes already dangerous for the body.
How to choose and store pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds for worms. It is advisable to consume fresh pumpkin seeds for treatment - they should be packed during the pumpkin harvest season - late August, September or October.
The larger and more intact the seeds, the better - if there are cracks in the shell, most likely they were mixed with an old crop.
It is better to store them for no more than 3 months in a dark place after opening the package, transferring them to an airtight container, for example, in a glass jar.