Table of contents:
- General information about pomegranate
- How to store pomegranate peels
- Health benefits of pomegranate
- Is there a benefit in pomegranate peel
- Health Benefits of Pomegranate Peels
- The use of pomegranate peels in cosmetology
- Aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate peels
- Ways to use pomegranate peels
- Pomegranate peel for diarrhea for children
Video: Pomegranate Peels - Properties, Recipes And Uses
2023 Author: Riley Dean | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 09:15
Pomegranate peels. Pomegranate is a delicious and healthy fruit. Ripe pomegranate has a rich composition, it is known primarily as an assistant to hematopoiesis. The benefits of pomegranate for the body are simply invaluable: it contains a large amount of nutrients and trace elements that nourish and cleanse the body. Pomegranate itself has an enviable composition. It contains more than a dozen amino acids, a large vitamin and mineral range. Pomegranate contains a set of organic acids, fiber, tannins. It contains anthocyanins, which give a "pomegranate" color, and phytoncides. Pomegranate is a powerful parasitic agent, it can be used for the prevention and treatment of helminthiasis at the initial stage. In pomegranate, not only the pulp of the fruit is useful, but also the peel and partitions.
The content of the article:
- 1 General information about the pomegranate
- 2 How to store pomegranate peels
- 3 Health Benefits of Pomegranate
- 4 Is there a benefit in pomegranate peel
- 5 Health Benefits of Pomegranate Peels
- 6 The use of pomegranate peels in cosmetology
7 Aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate peels
- 7.1 Preparation of an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels to cure diseases in 5 hours
- 7.2 Preparing an aqueous solution of pomegranate peels for a 1 week cure
8 Ways to Use Pomegranate Peels
- 8.1 Pomegranate peel for the digestive tract
- 8.2 Pomegranate crusts for gums and nasopharynx
- 8.3 Pomegranate peel for burns
- 8.4 Pomegranate peel tea
9 Pomegranate peel for diarrhea for children
- 9.1 For sore gums, throat and mouth infections
- 9.2 Pomegranate peels from parasites
- 9.3 The medicine with which Hippocrates himself healed!
- 9.4 Other uses of pomegranate peels
General information about pomegranate
Pomegranate is a shrub or branchy tree of the pomegranate family up to 6 m high. Flowers are bell-shaped, double and single, orange-red.
The pulp is sweet and sour, dark ruby color, sometimes lighter. The diameter of the fruit can vary from 8 to 18 cm, and the color of the peel is from yellow-orange to dark red. The inside of the fruit contains a large number of small seeds surrounded by bright red juicy pulp.
A ripe pomegranate can contain more than a thousand seeds - for this reason, in ancient times, this fruit was considered a symbol of fertility, as well as a remedy for infertility. Ripe fruit is firm to the touch and the skin should be dry and uniform in color. The taste of a ripe fruit is sweet (due to the presence of monosaccharides) and tart (tannins).
The homeland of the pomegranate is North Africa, Central Asia. It is cultivated in all subtropical countries as a very valuable plant. Grown in the Crimea, Iran, the Mediterranean, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Central Asia. In the wild, pomegranates are found in the Transcaucasus and Central Asia, where it grows on rocky slopes, on salt marshes, in the undergrowth of pine and oak.
From pomegranate flowers, containing a large amount of bright red pigment anthocyanin punicin, dyes are produced with which silk, cotton, linen and woolen fabrics are dyed.
When choosing a pomegranate, pay attention to the peel; a ripe fruit should have a crust slightly dried and slightly tighten the grains. If the crust is smooth, the pomegranate is unripe. In addition to the crust, pay attention to the pomegranate “bottom” - the place where the flower grew: there should not be any greenery. It should be firm to the touch.
How to store pomegranate peels
Harvesting pomegranate peels is not particularly difficult, and if your budget allows you to regularly feast on pomegranate fruits, then over time you can collect a sufficient amount of medicinal raw materials.
After cleaning the fruit from the leathery shell, remove the white felt layer from the peel and dry it by spreading it in a thin layer in a dry place (for example, on the mezzanine). The dried fruit peels are stored in cardboard boxes.
Health benefits of pomegranate
Fresh pomegranate is primarily used as a general tonic. Its fruits are recommended to be eaten during the period of vitamin deficiency, after illnesses, in the postoperative period and with a general weakening of the body. Thanks to vitamin C, pomegranate raises immunity and helps to cope with colds faster.
The beneficial properties of pomegranate are that the substances contained in its juice improve blood circulation, remove harmful cholesterol, and prevent the formation of plaques on the walls of blood vessels. 100 g of pomegranate seeds contain more than half of the daily boron requirement, which is necessary for normal human activity.
Thanks to B vitamins, which are contained in large quantities in grains, pomegranate improves memory and vision, stimulates the nervous system. Vitamin B2 and iron are involved in the formation of hemoglobin, which means they prevent the development of anemia.
Vitamin PP has a beneficial effect on the emotional background and human psyche. Therefore, it is useful to eat pomegranate during periods of nervous shocks, depression and stress. It can also help cope with insomnia and irritability.
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants, and this is not only vitamin C. Thanks to vitamins A and E, pomegranate fruits slow down the aging of the body, stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, rejuvenate human cells and tissues, improve tone, vascular permeability, skin regeneration, normalize hormones, increase protective forces organism.
Boron is very good for your bones. Therefore, it is recommended to use pomegranate for arthritis, osteoporosis, bone fluorosis. Boron has an anticarcinogenic effect; therefore, pomegranate is used for the treatment and prevention of cancer. Thanks to iodine, pomegranate normalizes the endocrine system, promotes concentration, and improves brain function.
Pomegranate helps relieve bowel disorders. The beneficial properties of pomegranate are that this berry removes radioactive substances from the body. Therefore, it is mandatory to use pomegranates for employees of AS, radiologists, workers in the nuclear power industry.
Pomegranate is useful for the digestive and genitourinary systems. This berry improves the secretion of gastric juice, increases appetite, and normalizes the liver and gallbladder. Pomegranate helps to remove sand and stones from the kidneys, and also normalizes human hormones.
In folk medicine, pomegranate is known as an excellent remedy:
- anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, diuretic;
- pain relievers, anchorage, choleretic, anti-atherosclerotic;
- antitumor, wound healing, tonic, bactericidal.
Is there a benefit in pomegranate peel
Pomegranate peels also have some beneficial properties. Exgran is obtained from the peel, which is used to treat intestinal infections. Also, pomegranate peels contain tannins and polyphenols, which have a detrimental effect on dysentery stick.
Pomegranate peels contain tannins and polyphenols, which have a detrimental effect on dysentery bacillus
The useful properties of the pomegranate peel are that it can be used to make ointments, powders and decoctions for the treatment of eyes, ears, kidneys, liver, digestive organs, joints and bones. In addition, the peel contains alkaloids that inhibit the development of helminthic invasions.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Peels
Useful properties of pomegranate peels:
- heal the heart: Because pomegranate peels are rich in antioxidants, they protect the body from the oxidation of low-density cholesterol molecules. Oxidative stress accompanying this process is one of the key factors in the development of heart disease. This is why it is so important to consume as many antioxidant-rich foods as possible;
- remove toxins from the body: antioxidants are again responsible for the detoxification properties of pomegranate peels, which remove harmful substances from the body painlessly and quickly. This product is also considered a liver aid;
- for oral hygiene: Pomegranate peel extract is often found in tooth powders and pastes that eliminate bad breath. You can also prepare a homemade medicine: 4 g of powder obtained from pomegranate peels, dilute with water and use for rinsing twice a day;
- cough and sore throat remedy: in folk medicine, pomegranate peels have long been used to soothe a sore throat. The peel crushed to a powdery state is mixed with water and the throat is washed with this composition. Combining with ginger and tulsi leaves will make a homemade cough remedy more effective. Another easy-to-prepare cough suppressant contains Himalayan pink salt. For 8 parts of crushed pomegranate peels, use 1 part salt. Add enough water to make a thick paste. Roll small balls out of it. Take them one at a time, 3 times a day (suck in your mouth). When a child coughs, you can give the child a regular dried crust in his mouth;
- rich source of vitamin C: as you know, natural, "live" vitamin C is much more useful than synthetic. And pomegranate peel is one of the richest sources of this vitamin (also, by the way, an antioxidant). Let me remind you that it promotes wound healing, participates in the formation of scar tissue, and is beneficial for the health of cartilage, bones and teeth. With bleeding;
- for heavy menstrual bleeding: mix 1 tsp. crushed pomegranate zest with water at room temperature and take 2 times a day. This recipe is also suitable for stopping other types of bleeding. In case of exacerbations of hemorrhoids, 8 g of powder from dried crusts is diluted with water. Take in the morning and evening until it feels better.
The use of pomegranate peels in cosmetology
The use of pomegranate peels in cosmetology:
- moisturizing properties: ellagic acid, which is part of pomegranate peel, prevents the loss of moisture by cells, therefore, protects the skin from drying out and makes it more tender;
- Preventing Skin Cancer: At the meeting of the American Cancer Association, the results of the latest research confirming the anti-cancer properties of pomegranate antioxidants were released. Pomegranate peel has been shown to be especially effective in preventing skin cancer;
- sunscreen properties: the peel of this healthy fruit also contains sunscreen agents that prevent cell damage from UVA and UVB rays (long-wave and medium-wave ultraviolet rays);
- anti-aging qualities: the use of the peel extract in the complex together with pomegranate seed oil promotes the synthesis of procollagen. This protein compound prevents the activity of collagen-degrading enzymes and promotes healthy cell growth. Thus, thanks to natural pomegranate products, it is possible to curb the aging process of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles;
- for hair health: Another beneficial cosmetic property of pomegranate peels is associated with their beneficial effects on hair. The extract is used to combat hair loss and prevent dandruff. Crushed zest combined with rose water works well for acne and acne.
Aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate peels
The approximate weight ratio of dry pomegranate peels and boiling water is 1:20. In a preheated cup, glass or glass jar, put about 10-12 g of dry pomegranate fruit peels and pour 200 ml of boiling water into them (you can pour 200 ml of raw water into this container, lower 10-12 g of pomegranate peels and bring to a boil with an electric boiler, but do not boil).
The preparation of an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels for the treatment of all of these diseases is the same. The application is different.
Cover with a saucer or 4-layer paper. Insist 25-30 minutes, and you can start drinking.
Do not throw away the crusts, the infusion continues. As soon as the crusts were poured with steep boiling water, the treatment began, and these 25-30 minutes of infusion the container with pomegranate peels should be next to the person being treated.
Preparation of an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels for curing diseases in 5 hours
Preparation of an aqueous infusion of pomegranate peels: for dysentery; salmonellosis; typhoid fever; cholera; acute appendicitis.
To use the water infusion as follows:
after insisting 25-30 minutes, drink about half the liquid (half a glass). Do not filter the infusion, the infusion continues. And cover with a saucer again. If after 10 minutes you feel healthy, then you had a common indigestion (diarrhea) and it was completely cured. You can safely embark on any travel, because you will not have diarrhea and constipation;
- if after 10 minutes you do not feel recovered, then you have either dysentery, or salmonellosis, or typhoid, or cholera. You need to stay at home and after 3 hours finish the remaining water infusion. The treatment process lasts 3 hours (with insisting 3.5 hours), and recovery occurs 5 hours after the start of treatment.
Preparing an aqueous solution of pomegranate peels to heal in 1 week
To cure in 1 week from: stomach ulcers; intestinal ulcers (small intestine); colitis (inflammation in the colon); dysbiosis.
- after insisting 25-30 minutes, start drinking. During the day, drink about half of the water infusion (90-100 ml) in 4 doses in approximately equal portions and at approximately equal intervals of time, that is, approximately 20-25 ml per dose. Drink on an empty stomach, with the 1st intake in the morning, after sleep, and the 4th intake at night, before bedtime;
- drink an aqueous infusion not every day of the week, but every other day, that is, on days 1, 3, 5, 7 - drink the infusion, and on days 2, 4, 6 - do not drink the infusion (rest from treatment);
- this is enough for a complete cure. But if someone, for reassurance, wants to continue treatment, for example, stomach ulcers, then you can repeat the weekly course of treatment no earlier than a week later.
during treatment, do not filter the water infusion - the infusion continues;
with this treatment, alcohol is contraindicated, and especially contraindicated on the days of taking water infusion;
- the essence of the treatment lies in the fact that all pathogenic bacteria are constantly suppressed in the entire gastrointestinal tract (healthy bacteria are not suppressed) and their locations successfully colonize healthy bacteria necessary for humans;
- in addition to the above, it is known that Hippocrates treated cut and puncture wounds with this water infusion. A clean (cotton) cloth was applied to the wound, pre-moistened with an aqueous infusion of dry pomegranate fruit peels. This cloth was kept moist at all times until the wound healed.
Ways to use pomegranate peels
Pomegranate peel for the digestive tract
A decoction with pomegranate peels helps with colitis and diarrhea. This traditional medicine is suitable for those who, for some reason, cannot use modern medicines.
Georgian scientists were engaged in the extract of pomegranate peels. The drug they created has passed clinical trials. Positive results were obtained in the treatment of enteritis (including chronic). The extract also helped with gastrointestinal disorders in children.
Pomegranate peel for gums and nasopharynx
Pomegranate peels are beneficial for gum disease. An anti-inflammatory and disinfectant effect on the entire oral cavity is manifested. The peel is used for bleeding gums, gingivitis, stomatitis.
In this case, make a decoction for rinsing. You've probably noticed that some toothpastes contain pomegranate extracts. Pomegranate peel also helps with rhinitis, pharyngitis. The same tannins give a therapeutic effect.
Pomegranate peels for burns
The beneficial properties of the pomegranate peel are also shown in case of burns. It is important to eliminate inflammation and speed up healing. First, the burn is wiped with diluted pomegranate juice.
Then sprinkle with pomegranate peel powder. A crust forms under the gauze bandage, and regeneration will go faster. Also, for wounds and burns, an alcoholic tincture of pomegranate peels is used.
Pomegranate peel tea
Most often, pomegranate tea is prepared using pomegranate juice, but crushed crusts are much better for treating some ailments.
Here is a tea recipe for gastrointestinal problems. It helps with digestive and intestinal motility disorders, cleanses the kidneys and liver, and eliminates parasites. Ingredients: pomegranate peels; mint; ginger; caraway; green tea leaves: 1 tsp honey.
- put all ingredients (except honey) in a coffee grinder, grind them to a powdery state. For 1 tsp. take 1 glass of water, bring to a boil and keep on fire for another minute;
- remove from heat and let it brew for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and add honey.
Pomegranate peel for diarrhea for children
If such a problem happens with children, then there is a "grandmother's" recipe. You've probably heard of him. For children, prepare a decoction in the following proportions: ¼ crusts from 1 small pomegranate are steamed with 200 ml of boiling water, covering with a lid and infusing for 40 minutes.
You need to take it as follows:
For children under 1 year old, it is enough to give 1 tsp. tinctures, no more than 3 times a day.
For children from 1 year to school age, the dosage is the same, but the number of doses increases to 4-5 times a day.
For adolescents, the broth is recommended to take 1 tbsp. l. 3 times a day.
For sore gums, throat and mouth infections
For the broth, take 20 g of crusts to 200 ml of water. The solution is boiled for 5 minutes, insisted in a thermos for at least an hour, filtered. Rinses are done 5 times a day. Duration of treatment is 5 - 7 days.
Pomegranate peel from parasites
This is a commonly used recipe for pomegranate peels for parasites. 50 g of chopped peel in 400 g of cool water. The solution is insisted for 6 hours. After the solution is boiled until half of the volume evaporates. The broth is cooled and filtered. It is taken in the morning on an empty stomach. They drink a little, for an hour. To stimulate the withdrawal of worms, they drink a laxative.
The medicine with which Hippocrates himself healed
The recipe used by Hippocrates.
- Dysentery goes away - in 5 hours.
- Salmonellosis - in 5 hours.
- Stomach ulcer - in a week.
- Colitis (colon) - in a week.
- Dysbacteriosis - in a week.
- Acute appendicitis - in 5 hours.
Let's see a detailed recipe video.
Other uses for pomegranate peels
Apart from these basic ones, there are several other uses for pomegranate peels. The broth can be used for hemoptysis, with heavy periods.
A separate question is how effective pomegranate peels are against parasites. On the one hand, some alkaloids in the pomegranate shell can give an anthelmintic effect. So peltierin, isopeltierin suppress tape worms.
Pomegranate peels are said to help in the treatment of eyes, ears, liver, that with their help you can overcome an ulcer and typhoid fever. However, in these cases, other active ingredients are also present in folk recipes. This means that the pomegranate peel can only have an auxiliary effect. That is, it is astringent, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing.
A decoction of the crusts is often used by traditional medicine. At the same time, modern science still considers this effect of pomegranate peel controversial.
Pomegranate rinse is good for hair. The product removes dandruff, hair grows better. Pomegranate peels give the hair a dark tone. Masks with peel powder eliminate facial wrinkles and blackheads.
Find out more:
- Pomegranate - medicinal use
- Pomegranate bark for diarrhea
- Pomegranate peel - useful properties and uses
- Pomegranate peels - composition, application and recipes
Infusion of garlic in water. The health benefits of garlic. Recipes for different garlic tinctures. Contraindications and harm of garlic
Pomegranate peels. Useful properties of pomegranate. Pomegranate bark in folk medicine. The composition of the pomegranate peel. Pomegranate peels for burns. Anthelminthic recipe
The benefits of pomegranate fruits and the use of peels from parasites in the body. Recipes for the preparation of worms and contraindications for use
Pomegranate is a valuable product that has not only a pleasant taste, but also many useful properties. In particular, for worms, pomegranate peels can be used as a remedy for tapeworms
Page contentHow pomegranate peels affect wormsUseful properties of pomegranate peelsContraindications to the use of pomegranate peelHow to properly treat: recipes from pomegranate peelsYou can defeat parasites!It is not difficult to become infected with parasites, and the disease itself remains invisible to people for a long time